Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon 2018

Started by Letsroll1200, January 16, 2017, 03:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Is he any kin to Alex Bohanon originally from Forrest City?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Bubba's Bruisers

The Crockett thing is overplayed.  We graded some guys ahead of him, and we got those guys.  It's not like we missed on the guys we wanted and still didn't offer Crockett.  And it's also not like other teams were banging Crockett's door down.

Norwood is playing out similarly assuming we get Calloway, but this latest barrage of Norwood offers from the big boys warrants at least some uneasiness.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Tick Hog

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 08:42:30 pm
Mizzou had one of the best offensive lines in the SEC.

They only allowed 14 sacks (league best) and revamped their offense with Heupel and Glen Elarbee (offensive line coach).

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category20/sort01.html
I watched them play several times and No they didn't. They were horrible

factchecker

Quote from: Tick Hog on January 16, 2017, 08:51:31 pm
I watched them play several times and No they didn't. They were horrible

I trust stats and the fact that Glen Elarbee was nominated for the Broyles award over you "watching a couple of games". 

Are you sure it wasn't Georgia you were watching?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

imtad16

Deangelo Williams... It's okay it happens.

Kenneth Dixon... It's okay it happens.

Demarea Crockett... It's okay it happens.

factchecker

Quote from: imtad16 on January 16, 2017, 08:58:46 pm

I thought Deangelo was offered but sent his LOI with NO written across the front to Nutt.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Tick Hog

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 08:55:27 pm
I trust stats and the fact that Glen Elarbee was nominated for the Broyles award over you "watching a couple of games". 

Are you sure it wasn't Georgia you weren't watching?
OK well you better watch out then, cause they're young and all coming back. I'll say they don't give up sacks because they throw quick outs all day but I can see your point.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 08:59:53 pm
I thought Deangelo was offered but sent his LOI with NO written across the front to Nutt.

Yes, he was pursued by Nutt.  I think his mom signed the LOI, but he refused.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Tick Hog

LaMichael James?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 16, 2017, 07:49:39 pm
Doesn't matter. You stack em up. What if we have two RB's go down? It happens ALL of the time. Arkansas kids aren't good enough to play for THIS team.

That's the attitude of this staff.

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 16, 2017, 09:08:52 pm

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 04:46:43 pm
Top 10 in-state recruits since Bielema has been here:

Hunter Henry            Signed by Arkansas           Mackey Award Winner- San Diego Charger
Altee Tenpenny         Signed by Bama                              -
Brooks Ellis               Signed by Arkansas           Starting Linebacker (graduated)
Austin Allen              Signed by Arkansas            Starting Quarterback
Jamar Criswell           ?                                                   -
Martrell Spaight        Signed by Arkansas (JUCO)   Linebacker for Redskins
Tevin Beanum           Signed by Arkansas             In 2 deep
Korliss Marshall         Signed by Arkansas             Transfer to Eastern Illinois
Phillip Hay                 Signed by Harvard                              ?
Alex Brignoni             Signed by Arkansas             Medical Hardship

Bijhon Jackson          Signed by Arkansas           In 2-deep rotation
Joshua Frazier           Signed by Bama               In 2-deep rotation (made tackle in playoff game)
Jabe Burgess             Signed by Tulsa                Transfer to Mississippi Gulf Coast CC (JUCO)
Josh Liddell               Signed by Arkansas           Starting Safety
Deandre Murray         Signed by Tulsa                Transfer to D2 Pittsburg State
Jake Hall                   Signed by Arkansas           Buried in depth chart
Juan Day                   Signed by Arkansas           Injuries
Jack Kraus                 Signed by Arkansas           2 deep rotation
Jarvis Cooper             Signed by Memphis            Transfer to UCA
Isaac Johnson            Signed by Tulsa                     ?

K.J. Hill                     Signed by Ohio State                          Getting some playing time
C.J. O'Grady              Signed by Arkansas                             Getting playing time (caught TD in bowl game)
Will Gragg                 Signed by Arkansas                              To be Determined
Jamario Bell               Signed by Arkansas                             To be Determined
Dominique Reed         Signed by Arkansas (from JUCO)           Was key weapon in passing game last season
Justin Bailey               Signed by Arkansas Tech                                  ?
Ross Trail                   Signed by Cincinnati                              Played sparingly--threw for 1 TD and 6 INTs in 2016
Ty Storey                    Signed by Arkansas                              Buried in depth
LaMichael Pettway        Signed by Arkansas                              Caught TD pass vs. Alcorn
Deon Stewart               Signed by Arkansas                              Rotates in depth/ Kick Return

McTelvin Agim             Signed by Arkansas                            Starting defensive linemen
T.J. Hammonds           Signed by Arkansas                             Bright future in running back rotation
John Tate                   Signed by Memphis                               Redshirt?
Austin Capps               Signed by Arkansas                             Rotates in the two deep
Jordan Jones               Signed by Arkansas                              To be Determined- Redshirt
Kabion Ento                 Signed by Colorado                               8 catches/174 yards -- 2 TDs
Nick McCann                Signed by Texas Tech                           Redshirt?
Damerea Crockett         Signed by Missouri                               Rushed for over 1000 yards
Cam Murray                 Signed by Okie State                              Redshirt  ?
Kenyon Jackson            Signed by Minnesota                             Redshirt

2013: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=&class=2013&position=&state=3

2014: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=&class=2014&position=&state=3

2015: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=&class=2015&position=&state=3

2016: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=&class=2016&position=&state=3

23 out of top 40 recruits have stayed with Arkansas.

I would say that Crockett was a miss but who knows what he would have done here.  He probably would have been red-shirted.

How many others were no offer misses?  Maybe Ento.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 16, 2017, 09:08:52 pm

How many of those who weren't offered were misses.  1.... 2

Go back to pumping Mike up on Jumpball.... you're outta your league here son.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

clutch

Quote from: Tick Hog on January 16, 2017, 09:06:54 pm
LaMichael James?

Technically from Texas, but close enough to the Arkansas line that I guess you could count him.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 16, 2017, 07:50:07 pm
I seem to recall Wilson's situation.  Wasn't it a kid named Youngblood that Nutt had committed to play QB in that class?

It was I believe Youngblood ended up @ Ole Miss.

colbs

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 16, 2017, 09:33:43 pm
It was I believe Youngblood ended up @ Ole Miss.
Jim Youngblood signed with the Hogs but I think transferred to UCA.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 09:16:10 pm

It starts with recruiting and the Hogs are not doing too well. You're not winning on the field and you're not winning in recruiting. We are missing some in state talent that can help with the right development.

hawginbigd1

Your right it does happen, I would go more it is what it is than OK. Deangelo I wouldn't put in the same category, my opinion at the time was he didn't like the depth chart, and chose the safer alternative. I really wanted him though, we definitely had one or two I would have cut for him.

My problem is the attitude that seems to pervade when one of these players is mentioned by some posters, IMO Crockett wanted to be a Hog and we should have given him the opportunity in the end. He could have ended up being Juan Day or one of a handful of other in-state backs that didn't pan out, but I thought he was worth an open scholarship we carried over to this year! I am not even saying it was a mistake, I am saying it is my opinion of what should have been done.

ricepig

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 16, 2017, 09:36:11 pm
It starts with recruiting and the Hogs are not doing too well. You're not winning on the field and you're not winning in recruiting. We are missing some in state talent that can help with the right development.

Recruiting rankings are higher on average than the previous two staffs.

Razorbax

Lol....I guess every other power 5 team missed out on Kenneth Dixon...His offers:

Louisiana Tech
Arkansas State
Central Arkansas
Louisiana-Monroe
Memphis
Missouri State

As for Martrell Spaight...did he even have the grades? Or, did he even have an offer from a 4-year school? It seems like he was a late bloomer, Per 247, he didn't even make the state top 25.
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 07:52:27 pm
Kenneth Dixon and Martrell Spaight.  Two Arkansas kids who should have had offers from Arkansas when Petrino was here.

factchecker

The most hurtful misses are the kids we offered.

Tenpenny, K.J., Frazier all could have helped.

Similar to Monk, Allen, and Curry in basketball.

The Crockett miss is countered by getting Whaley.  Going to Mizzou might have been the best thing for Crockett b/c he is going to get tons of reps and develop a strong draft resume.

Norwood is boggling b/c far as I know there is no academic or off the field issues.  The whole situation is weird.  Why are their so many offers coming right now?  What was stopping other teams from offering?  Fort Smith isn't a tiny town.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Razorbax on January 16, 2017, 09:39:22 pm
Lol....I guess every other power 5 team missed out on Kenneth Dixon...His offers:

Louisiana Tech
Arkansas State
Central Arkansas
Louisiana-Monroe
Memphis
Missouri State

As for Martrell Spaight...did he even have the grades? Or, did he even have an offer from a 4-year school? It seems like he was a late bloomer, Per 247, he didn't even make the state top 25.

Spaight had the grades but was told he was too small by Petrino's staff.

QuoteHis boy, the one staff members under former Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino said was "too small" to play in the SEC, had proven his doubters wrong.

"To have coaches saying what you can't do, and then you're here doing it, that's fun," Mark Spaight said. "I think I was most excited about that moment for him."

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/spaight-excelling-linebacker-arkansas

I don't care about Dixon's offer sheet.  Anyone who saw his film knew he was a stud in the making.  It wasn't like Bobby was recruiting top 10 classes.  Dixon proved everybody who doubted him wrong.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 09:40:41 pm
The most hurtful misses are the kids we offered.

Tenpenny, K.J., Frazier all could have helped.

Similar to Monk, Allen, and Curry in basketball.

The Crockett miss is countered by getting Whaley.  Going to Mizzou might have been the best thing for Crockett b/c he is going to get tons of reps and develop a strong draft resume.

Norwood is boggling b/c far as I know there is no academic or off the field issues.  The whole situation is weird.  Why are their so many offers coming right now?  What was stopping other teams from offering?  Fort Smith isn't a tiny town.

Norwood came to camp, we evaluated and liked others better. If we strike out on our remaining DB targets, then potentially we should have offered. What little I saw of him this year was clips of him playing QB, he looked real small out there. He's athletic, no doubt, I guess these other schools are worried about their DB prospects?

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Razorbax

So which P5 staff told him he was big enough? Did Wisconsin see something CBP didn't and offer him?
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 09:43:10 pm
Spaight had the grades but was told he was too small by Petrino's staff.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/spaight-excelling-linebacker-arkansas

His film was hidden from all power 5 teams?
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 09:43:10 pmI don't care about Dixon's offer sheet. Anyone who saw his film knew he was a stud in the making.  It wasn't like Bobby was recruiting top 10 classes.  Dixon proved everybody who doubted him wrong.

factchecker

Quote from: Razorbax on January 16, 2017, 09:51:06 pm
So which P5 staff told him he was big enough? Did Wisconsin see something CBP didn't and offer him?
His film was hidden from all power 5 teams?

I didn't know the University of Wisconsin is in the state of Arkansas.  Petrino could of rode his Harley down to NLR and saw what Spaight was.

Petrino offered Donovan Roberts over Dixon..... stupid.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Razorbax

hawgfan4life

Remember when BP passed on another RB from Little Rock rated much higher than Crockett?  Kid went to Auburn and was player of the game in the NC game or at least a key player in that game.  Fans really were mad at BP until that same player ended up in all kinds of trouble at AUB, kicked from team, went to ASU and kicked from the team, and ironically ended up at Louisville with BP.  Crockett had a great year until he got suspended for the last game against AR.  AR may have whiffed, but it is far too early to make that claim yet.

Razorbax

So Wisconsin only recruits instate? 
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 09:56:06 pm
I didn't know the University of Wisconsin is in the state of Arkansas.
Did he even have his Harley in 2011? Perhaps he was too busy game planning for the back to back 10 win seasons
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 09:56:06 pmPetrino could of rode his Harley down to NLR and saw what Spaight was.
Is hindsight really 20/20?
I was pretty pissed we didn't offer the basketball walk-on who did so well at UCA........Imagine what we could do as a team if we can go back in time and recruit after the fact. JJ Watt, come on down.
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 09:56:06 pmPetrino offered Donovan Roberts over Dixon..... stupid.

factchecker

Quote from: Razorbax on January 16, 2017, 09:56:45 pm
So are you telling me we have better/higher ranked players but we are losing at a higher clip? Wonder why that might be.........

I don't have to tell you anything..... open your eyes and read the information.

The fact that you get so pissy when someone dares to offend your man is laughable.  Ask me how I feel about Bielema and I'll tell you.  Our special teams has been garbage since he's been here.  Our inability to close out games is maddening.  Our defense is disgusting.  When Bielema leaves/fired/whatever I'm not going to go around the message board looking to white knight for him regardless of how many wins he finishes with.

Petrino whiffed..... just like other Razorback coaches.  Just like Les Miles did with Dak Prescott.  It happens. Petrino missed out on Michael Dyer and Zac Brooks despite offering them.  It happens.

Petrino was a good on-field coach.  He is pretty smart offensively.  We are talking recruiting here and that is an area where Petrino struggles.  Bielema isn't a recruiting god either but he is competing against much stronger competition with Hugh at Ole Miss and AnM in the league now.

Now reply with a comment quoting everything I say in an attempt to defend your man Petrino.  I hope you wear a helmet.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 16, 2017, 07:49:39 pm
Doesn't matter. You stack em up. What if we have two RB's go down? It happens ALL of the time. Arkansas kids aren't good enough to play for THIS team.

Why do people not realize that when they end their post with complete BS it makes everything else they say BS?

onebadrubi

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 09:16:10 pm

It's really funny the guys right now like FCJ and others pumping Anderson and dogging Bielema for the same exact reasons

onebadrubi

Where???  We want these names of kids we are missing on, getting lesser talent, and causing us to lose games? 

factchecker

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 16, 2017, 10:27:35 pm
Where???  We want these names of kids we are missing on, getting lesser talent, and causing us to lose games?

He hasn't given me one name.

I said Crockett and perhaps Norwood were non-offer misses but they failed to name anybody else..... despite me giving them the list.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Razorbax

Can you read with your eyes closed?
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 10:16:29 pm
I don't have to tell you anything..... open your eyes and read the information.

My man? We must hang in different companies. So not agreeing equals prissy.....Laughable? I am sure waiting with abated breath while searching and finding an error so you can gleefully "factcheck" them must be laughable. Whatever floats your boat.
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 10:16:29 pmThe fact that you get so pissy when someone dares to offend your man is laughable.
I really do not care what you think when it comes to CBB. I am sure some of your best friends are CBP supporters.
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 10:16:29 pmAsk me how I feel about Bielema and I'll tell you.  Our special teams has been garbage since he's been here.  Our inability to close out games is maddening.  Our defense is disgusting.
Funny...Pretty much every thread where CBP comes up, you are in the middle of it hiding opinions with facts and demanding we accept it all as fact.
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 10:16:29 pmWhen Bielema leaves/fired/whatever I'm not going to go around the message board looking to white knight for him regardless of how many wins he finishes with.

Something we can agree on
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 10:16:29 pmPetrino whiffed..... just like other Razorback coaches.  Just like Les Miles did with Dak Prescott.  It happens. He missed out on Michael Dyer and Zac Brooks despite offering them.  It happens.

It is not about the recruiting rankings. Recruiting is just one leg of many that lead to victories out on the field. I could care less if CBB's average was in the 50s. What matters are the wins and losses. You are too stuck in the minutiae and not focused on winning 
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 10:16:29 pmPetrino was a good on-field coach.  He is pretty smart offensively.  We are talking recruiting here and that is an area where Petrino struggles.  Bielema isn't a recruiting god either but he is competing against much stronger competition with Hugh at Ole Miss and AnM in the league now.

Wasn;t going to.....But you asked and I complied. See, we can get along.
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 10:16:29 pmNow reply with someone comment quoting everything I say defending your man Petrino.  I hope you wear a helmet.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Razorbax on January 16, 2017, 10:56:50 pm
Can you read with your eyes closed?
My man? We must hang in different companies. So not agreeing equals prissy.....Laughable? I am sure waiting with abated breath while searching and finding an error so you can gleefully "factcheck" them must be laughable. Whatever floats your boat.
I really do not care what you think when it comes to CBB. I am sure some of your best friends are CBP supporters. 
Funny...Pretty much every thread where CBP comes up, you are in the middle of it hiding opinions with facts and demanding we accept it all as fact.
Something we can agree on
It is not about the recruiting rankings. Recruiting is just one leg of many that lead to victories out on the field. I could care less if CBB's average was in the 50s. What matters are the wins and losses. You are too stuck in the minutiae and not focused on winning 
Wasn;t going to.....But you asked and I complied. See, we can get along.

In the recruiting forum it actually is.

imtad16

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 10:29:02 pm

I said Crockett and perhaps Norwood were non-offer misses but they failed to name anybody else..... despite me giving them the list.

Plus, we have always had good running backs. Missing on running backs is much more forgivable than positions we have had depth issues at in recent history like LB or DB or on defense in general.

When Dixon was in school we had good running backs the whole time and While Crockett is in school we are going to have good running backs the whole time like 3 or 4 of them. Chase Hayden is probably going to be pretty salty too and that's not including Maleek Williams. There's just no need to make this big of a deal over a missed running back. That hasn't been an issue. If this happened on the defensive side of the ball sure we should all be flipping out.

factchecker

Quote from: Razorbax on January 16, 2017, 10:56:50 pm
It is not about the recruiting rankings.

We are on the recruiting board.... so yeah we talk about recruiting rankings.

If you don't think recruiting is important then why are you here?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

imtad16

I am intrigued by the late offers for Norwood, but it seems more difficult to determine a miss on a CB. If a RB rushes for at least 1,000 yards its easy to say oh well we missed. What does it take for us to look at a CB in hind site and say we missed?

factchecker

Quote from: imtad16 on January 16, 2017, 11:13:29 pm

I am intrigued by the late offers for Norwood, but it seems more difficult to determine a miss on a CB. If a RB rushes for at least 1,000 yards its easy to say oh well we missed. What does it take for us to look at a CB in hind site and say we missed?

Our defense?  It depends on who we sign.  If we get any combination of Curl and Calloway then it won't be much of a miss.  However, if we don't get either then it will be bad.  Also, if Norwood starts for any other team his freshman year.... especially one in the SEC, it will be a miss.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Razorbax

Is that all we talk about? Majority of the topics/post on this forum does not mention recruiting rankings.
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 11:12:43 pm
We are on the recruiting board.... so yeah we talk about recruiting rankings.

Tsk...Tsk...Dishonesty does not suit your moniker.....Add the rest of my statement you are quoting...."Recruiting is just one leg of many that lead to victories out on the field. I could care less if CBB's average was in the 50s. What matters are the wins and losses. You are too stuck in the minutiae and not focused on winning" Where we rank when it comes to recruiting takes a very distant seat to where we rank in wins and losses.
Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 11:12:43 pmIf you don't think recruiting is important then why are you here?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Razorbax on January 16, 2017, 11:25:48 pm
Is that all we talk about? Majority of the topics/post on this forum does not mention recruiting rankings.
Tsk...Tsk...Dishonesty does not suit your moniker.....Add the rest of my statement you are quoting...."Recruiting is just one leg of many that lead to victories out on the field. I could care less if CBB's average was in the 50s. What matters are the wins and losses. You are too stuck in the minutiae and not focused on winning" Where we rank when it comes to recruiting takes a very distant seat to where we rank in wins and losses.
I think his point was that YOU ARE POSTING IN THE RECRUITING FORUM, so recruiting rankings are SUPPOSED to be talked about here.

Wins and losses or any other metric?  Not so much.
All Gas, No Brakes!

HardingHog

https://twitter.com/DamareaCrockett/status/821179648331710464

It sounds like he's still smokin the reefer, so we made a good choice

Razorbax

And I said we shouldn't?
Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 16, 2017, 11:29:58 pm
I think his point was that YOU ARE POSTING IN THE RECRUITING FORUM, so recruiting rankings are SUPPOSED to be talked about here.

Wins and losses or any other metric?  Not so much.

31to6

Quote from: Tick Hog on January 16, 2017, 06:43:24 pm
I don't have to downgrade another to prove a point. Crockett's numbers speak for themselves. We whiffed. As for Greenlaw, we pay a staff well over 6 Mil dollars a year to not need a different set of eyes to recognize talent. They aren't very good at it. Period
Crockett was pressed into service because of zero depth at Mizzou and he excelled, good for him.

That does not mean that the staff whiffed. They had the RBs they wanted in Devwah Whaley and TJ Hammond, both of which have shown talent at equal to Crockett but who have not been asked to carry the load as freshmen because RWIII was rock solid.

Crying over us "missing" on a RB is just silly given the RB's productivity under CBB. The only really big in-state RB miss we have had is signing Korliss Marshall, who had all the physical tools, but a huge dose of immaturity to go with it.

When CBB goes a year without an All-SEC RB, *then* people can complain about "misses" at RB.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 16, 2017, 03:16:10 pm
We have our 2018 QB named Connor Noland.
ATHLETE/QB
He has the size and speed to be used at other positions. A good coach will recruit him and find a place for him
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 17, 2017, 07:49:23 am
ATHLETE/QB
He has the size and speed to be used at other positions. A good coach will recruit him and find a place for him
Yeah, that worked out so well with Duwop...
All Gas, No Brakes!

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 17, 2017, 07:49:23 am
ATHLETE/QB

If you read the article on him yesterday, his coach said he puts down "QB" on the form for position. Most schools are recruiting him as an athlete, but Memphis and ASU have offered as a QB. The P5 schools are looking at DE/LB for him.

Letsroll1200

KJ Hill
Josh Frazier
Two other guys I believe could have played for the hogs are John Tate from Pine Bluff and Kiondre Thomas from Fort Smith.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2017, 09:36:17 am
KJ Hill
Josh Frazier
Two other guys I believe could have played for the hogs are John Tate from Pine Bluff and Kiondre Thomas from Fort Smith.

Oh I almost forgot that we did not offer KJ Hill and Josh Frazier because we took higher instate recruits and top 2-3 nationally recruited guys at each of their positions. 

imtad16

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2017, 09:36:17 am
KJ Hill
Josh Frazier

KJ Hill and Josh Frazier were top prospects with offers from everyone. The guys being talked about in the thread were prospects that were borderline 3 stars and in Crockett's case borderline 4 star that we let get away. Even though Crockett was a 4 star by rivals (3 star by all the other services) he didn't have big offers. Anyway, we would have loved to have Hill and Frazier that wasn't a case we either offered too late or not at all.