Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patriots/Jags Game

Started by bodycounTT, January 22, 2018, 12:23:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bodycounTT

As I was watching this last night and the Patriots went down 20-10 in the second half I knew that the game was far from over. Not a Pats fan by any means, but because of past experiences, I would say I am, along with many others, conditioned to expect a come from behind win for NE in any game they are down in. I bring this up to say that it is the exact same in reverse any time I watch the Hogs in any sport. I couldn't enjoy the Ole Piss game on Saturday because I was expecting us to blow the lead. Same with football under CBB for the last few years.

My question to you all is, at what point do you gain the killer instinct and just know that no matter the score, its not out of reach until the final whistle? Can CCM bring that confidence back to the players and fan base as a whole?

HoggyCat

I told my wife when Jax didn't let the first half clock wind down to 2:00 that NE would win.

Then Mark Curles suited up......
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

DeltaBoy

The Zebras pulled them out with a few bad calls vs Jac and tons of no calles on NE for flagrant holding .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogarusa

I would say that when u have 5 super bowl rings and 8 seasons in a row of 12+ wins, theres never a reason to doubt. Its a culture of winning. Down 10 points to a team with little offense was surely of little concern to Brady
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Hogarusa

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 22, 2018, 01:17:02 pm
The Zebras pulled them out with a few bad calls vs Jac and tons of no calles on NE for flagrant holding .

Jax shot themselves in the foot way more than any miss calls by the refs.

Pigsknuckles

How many times have I sat at a Razorback game 10 points up, and felt like we were losing? Had the same feeling during this game.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 22, 2018, 01:19:50 pm
Jax shot themselves in the foot way more than any miss calls by the refs.

Jax gave the game away and nobody to blame except for themselves...
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

code red

Quote from: bodycounTT on January 22, 2018, 12:23:10 pm
As I was watching this last night and the Patriots went down 20-10 in the second half I knew that the game was far from over. Not a Pats fan by any means, but because of past experiences, I would say I am, along with many others, conditioned to expect a come from behind win for NE in any game they are down in. I bring this up to say that it is the exact same in reverse any time I watch the Hogs in any sport. I couldn't enjoy the Ole Piss game on Saturday because I was expecting us to blow the lead. Same with football under CBB for the last few years.

My question to you all is, at what point do you gain the killer instinct and just know that no matter the score, its not out of reach until the final whistle? Can CCM bring that confidence back to the players and fan base as a whole?
I find it funny only 1 penalty was called on the Pats.  The last time that happened was.....yeah you guessed it a Divisional Championship involving the Patriots...hmmm....that may have something to do with it.  1 stinking penalty.  Now I am a Chiefs fan and could careless either way.  The sack on 2nd down killed the Jags....they didn't finish it off.  But.  To say the refs don't give the Pats breaks is just ludicrous.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

SemperHawg

Ratings plummeting all over the NFL this year.  The League needs the Pats in the super bowl.  From a ratings perspective it would be even more valuable for the Pats to lose to the EaGirls in the Super Bowl.

code red

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 22, 2018, 01:00:17 pm
I told my wife when Jax didn't let the first half clock wind down to 2:00 that NE would win.

Then Mark Curles suited up......
Agreed with this....I was listening on the golf course and for the life of me couldn't understand how a NFL coach could screw up that bad.  Poor poor clock management.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hogarusa

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 22, 2018, 01:38:42 pm
Ratings plummeting all over the NFL this year.  The League needs the Pats in the super bowl.  From a ratings perspective it would be even more valuable for the Pats to lose to the EaGirls in the Super Bowl.

Plummeting is a bit much. Pats-Jags was the highest rated TV program since the Super Bowl, 48 million people