Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The refs where beyond bad to day

Started by mhsbc59, November 18, 2017, 02:36:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mhsbc59

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on November 18, 2017, 04:16:06 pm
Curles should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.  Sorry he is a sorry and corrupt p.o.s.  He and Joey Crawford can spend the holding hands and giggling
I support this I do think u are taking it easy on him though. I more for 2 weeks in the stocks in a public sqaure
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Sivad

Marc Curles
Performed according to form.
He and his crew shouldn't be allowed to "work" Arkansas games. Or any in the SEC for that matter.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: mhsbc59 on November 18, 2017, 04:23:48 pm
I support this I do think u are taking it easy on him though. I more for 2 weeks in the stocks in a public sqaure

While watching Amy Schumer stand up

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on November 18, 2017, 02:42:05 pm
I thought it was a horse collar Nance on the 3rd play but I haven't seen a replay.  Anyone else see it?

It seemed pretty obvious and the fact he limped off was a telling sign.

BVHawg

Crikey, who cares? Let's just get Big Bert outta here and get started rebuilding things.

MemphisBossHog

Chuck Barrett said on the radio when we went for it on 4th down late in 4th quarter and Austin overthrew Pettway that MissStake interfered--check that, he said there was a lot of contact and no call.  Anybody remember?  Should it have PI and s first down for us??

HeyHogs

Mike Irwin

Bad calls aside they seemed confused for much of the game. A jr. high crew could have been more on top of things.

davglo35

You can look at curles and tell he is a low down crook. I watch a lot of westerns and he is just like Bruce Dern. ( the guy that killed John Wayne in "The Cowboys")
You see that face and you know......crooked as a stick!

jfred59

I told my wife when I saw Curles crew there that we could just go ahead and give up because if there was any way that he could do it that he would screw us. 

jfred59

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 18, 2017, 05:39:28 pm
Bad calls aside they seemed confused for much of the game. A jr. high crew could have been more on top of things.

You know that he is corrupt but then again 90% of SEC officials in all sports are.

Atlhogfan1

Yes.  They did a bad job on pretty much everything.  Should not be an SEC crew.  Or give them Alabama vs Mercer. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

mhsbc59

Is there anything that can be done about these officals Mike
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 18, 2017, 02:47:05 pm
Every time we get his crew you should just turn the t.v. off.  We are going to get suckered.
Several head shots today too. Mostly MSU of course.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Captain Hogthrob

https://www.google.com/amp/s/razorbackers.com/2016/10/17/sec-officiating-ban-marc-curles-from-arkansas/amp/

I don't know how he would ever be allowed to officiate any Arkansas game. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or a conspiracy but history seems to repeat itself.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Deeznutts

As if y'all don't know Curles is top dog league instructioneer. Please. Dude makes sure this ** conference gets the money shot. You kidding me?

Hoggish1

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 18, 2017, 03:09:40 pm
Don't think they are incompetent I think they are doing it on purpose.

Yes.  A casual fan would say what's up with this crew being so bad but we've been seeing this for years and years!  It is by design.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogginbama

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on November 18, 2017, 04:49:02 pm
Chuck Barrett said on the radio when we went for it on 4th down late in 4th quarter and Austin overthrew Pettway that MissStake interfered--check that, he said there was a lot of contact and no call.  Anybody remember?  Should it have PI and s first down for us??

Whole bunch of contact, at one point just before the defender fell down in front of Pettway, he was between Pettway and the ball facing Pettway with hands in the chest. Didn't help though that Pettway seemed to pull up as contact was made and the ball passed over their heads.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

SquidBilly

I agree Mike.  The big screw up that stood out to me was the targeting call they made on Randy Ramsey when he was not even involved in the tackle.  And then it took them 5 minutes of review to figure it out.  What were they looking for?  That should've just been a call down from the booth to tell him to pick up the flag but it seems like they were looking for a reason to make the call stand up.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on November 18, 2017, 04:49:02 pm

I think that if Pettway would have kept running he would have either had a chance to make the reception or at least drawn the P.I. flag on the defender.

Yes, I would agree. A small thing comes to mind as an example. After a big play in Miss State's end of the field, we were trying to go fast (no subbing) and the official just stood there over the ball and allowed the Miss State defense time to recover and get lined up before he allowed us to snap the ball. Now I realize that you have to allow time for the chains to get re-set and all, but that was way more time than needed. This was just a bad crew.
Go Hogs Go!

Dominicanhog

Everything posted may be true, but the refs did not beat us..  I know most agree, but a few seem to think a call here or there, would have made the difference.. Fact is, we look like losers, and we play like losers.. we can't make a first down in the 4th quarter and can't stop the go ahead drive when it counts..  same crap, for 5 years.. nothing different and refs are just an excuse for a crappy football team.. It sucks, maybe we are about to do something about it...

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 20, 2017, 06:45:06 am
Everything posted may be true, but the refs did not beat us..  I know most agree, but a few seem to think a call here or there, would have made the difference.. Fact is, we look like losers, and we play like losers.. we can't make a first down in the 4th quarter and can't stop the go ahead drive when it counts..  same crap, for 5 years.. nothing different and refs are just an excuse for a crappy football team.. It sucks, maybe we are about to do something about it...

Actually we made 3 first downs in the 4th but only 1 out of 4 attempts on 3rd down. The problem was that we couldn't generate much in the 4th quarter, 96 yards on 11 plays in the 3rd for 8.7 yards p/play and 41 yards on 15 plays in the 4th for 2.7 yards p/play. It is just confounding how you can go from a good 3rd quarter to such an abysmal 4th quarter on offense.

But I agree, it wasn't the officials who cost us that game. The defense gave us a chance holding MSU to 348 total yards and forcing two T/O's and the offense couldn't generate more than 216 net yards? Abysmal.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 20, 2017, 06:45:06 am

Everything you say is true.  But, the narrative of this thread is that Curles screwed us again.  Stay focused.

mhsbc59

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 20, 2017, 06:55:27 am
Everything you say is true.  But, the narrative of this thread is that Curles screwed us again.  Stay focused.

yes not saying we still arent bad but saying the refs where just as bad.

Hog33

On the 4th down pass play. If you change the uniforms and we were on defense, every official on the field would have thrown a flag. You all know it. It was clearly interference or holding

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 20, 2017, 06:28:15 am
I think that if Pettway would have kept running he would have either had a chance to make the reception or at least drawn the P.I. flag on the defender.

Yes, I would agree. A small thing comes to mind as an example. After a big play in Miss State's end of the field, we were trying to go fast (no subbing) and the official just stood there over the ball and allowed the Miss State defense time to recover and get lined up before he allowed us to snap the ball. Now I realize that you have to allow time for the chains to get re-set and all, but that was way more time than needed. This was just a bad crew.

Remarkable how slow that was compared to what they allowed AU to do against us. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hog Fan...DOH!

We had plenty of opportunities and bounces go our way. Curles' crew is genuinely terrible... but we suck.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 20, 2017, 08:22:38 am
We had plenty of opportunities and bounces go our way. Curles' crew is genuinely terrible... but we suck.

The fact we suck does not excuse Curles for being that bad.  Nobody is that bad without it being intentional...

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 20, 2017, 06:55:27 am

LoL