Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Purdue Coach

Started by Hoggie17, September 23, 2017, 04:24:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie17

Is looking good, I would love to have him. It didn't take long for him to turn that program around.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Brohm's my pick.

Like I've said, he brings the Petrino system but none of the Petrino baggage.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Wildhog

Purdue up 10-7, 5 mins left in the half.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tusks

I think Long has priced the hogs out of the Brohm sweepstakes.  After cost the program the $11M to get rid of BB, he won't want to pay Brohm the $7M a year it would take to get him on the hill.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Ugly Uncle

I was just about to post the same thing.

Would love to see this guy on our sidelines next year.
Retired Radio Host

Wildhog

Man, Purdue looks good.  Can't remember the last time I said that.
1909/1964/1965/1977

thebignasty

Would love to go get him.  Hopefully Sumlin and Malzahn scratch out enough to stick around and lower the competition.

hogbud

Gun shy of Big 10 at this point and yes I know Saban's history

Spikes

I doubt he would even come to Arkansas.  You know in a heart beat he would call Bobby and I'm sure he would want to work for Long
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

pa_rob424

If you think Brohm is getting $7million a year from anyone you're out of your mind. Bielema went to 3 freakin Rose Bowl games and is making 4. Brohm looks to be a good coach but what has he actually done to command that kind of $$?  Winning a few games at Purdon't is impressive but your assessment is way off base.

Hoggie17

Quote from: hogbud on September 23, 2017, 04:42:43 pm
Gun shy of Big 10 at this point and yes I know Saban's history
The Purdue coach is not CBB. You can't judge the whole barrel of apples because one is bad.

Bebop

Oh yeah! He did good at WKU!

3kgthog

Quote from: tusked on September 23, 2017, 04:34:11 pm

I think Long has priced the hogs out of the Brohm sweepstakes.  After cost the program the $11M to get rid of BB, he won't want to pay Brohm the $7M a year it would take to get him on the hill.

$7 mil would be more than Saban's base salary...

RyeHogFan

Quote from: tusked on September 23, 2017, 04:34:11 pm

So you really think he would demand to be paid 7 million a year? You do realize that would tie him with Harbaugh for the 2nd highest salary in college football, behind only Saban?

Laughing Hog

Someone who is an awesome recruiter. Brent Venables comes to mind.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Hoggie17

He is still hungry, he is a dam good coach and he is in our price range. He is the kind of coach that can win at Arkansas,

Wildhog

Michigan starting to pull away.  Purdue's about out of gas.
1909/1964/1965/1977

sickboy

Quote from: Wildhog on September 23, 2017, 06:21:11 pm
Michigan starting to pull away.  Purdue's about out of gas.

Was bound to happen. Purdue has the scheme and the coaching. Just don't have the horses to keep up for four quarters with a Michigan type team.

jackflash

what makes you think he can win in the sec

rtr

We don't need to pay 7, 5, or 2 million a year for a coach.  Sorry, I don't see it.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jackflash on September 23, 2017, 06:50:37 pm
what makes you think he can win in the sec

Or that he'd even come here.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15