Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The next 3 years schedule could be a lot more advantageous than usual.

Started by luke hawg, July 20, 2017, 10:05:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

Ole Miss will be on sanctions coming off an interim head coach with tons of roster attrition. Michigan backed out giving us an extra cupcake in 2018 and 2019. Kentucky and Vanderbilt rotate on schedule in 2018 and 2019. Our cross division rival is Missouri. LSU has just hired a coach that has proven nothing. TAMU will probably have a new coach as well. Dan Mullen needs to leave.

The Hawg Marshal

I wouldn't start counting the wins so early. Ole Miss still has a talented team and that QB is really good. We don't know what kind of job this interim coach may do. Vandy is on the rise somewhat and UK has some talent if they can just get it together, and what about Mizzou makes you think we can beat them?

PORKULATOR

Well okay then.
I'm buying drinks at the Sec championship during the game against us and whoever the east sends. Within the next three years I might ad.
And I'm 2hoours from Atlanta so this is feasible.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: PORKULATOR on July 20, 2017, 10:36:03 pm
Well okay then.
I'm buying drinks at the Sec championship during the game against us and whoever the east sends. Within the next three years I might ad.
And I'm 2hoours from Atlanta so this is feasible.
Now slow down. No one ever mentioned Sabah retiring. Until that happens we aren't going to the SEC championship.

sowmonella

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on July 20, 2017, 10:35:17 pm
I wouldn't start counting the wins so early. Ole Miss still has a talented team and that QB is really good. We don't know what kind of job this interim coach may do. Vandy is on the rise somewhat and UK has some talent if they can just get it together, and what about Mizzou makes you think we can beat them?

I would have to agree with Luke Hawg on this. Ole Miss will be heavily damaged the next 3 years and beyond once the NCAA gets through with them. Today's news puts added pressure on the NCAA to punish them harshly. Vandy and UK are both improving BUT would you rather play Georgia and Florida? Ed O will probably be a down grade from Lester. A&M will be coach hunting or breaking in a new guy and etc, etc. His post said for the next 3 years and I think he makes good points.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

The Hawg Marshal

luke hawg

I'm not saying we are a sure bet to beat any of these teams. Its just more favorable than usual which could result in more wins and fun for us. We are a very healthy program right now and can take advantage of a down tick in schedule strength.

factchecker

We haven't had much trouble beating Ole Miss with Freeze coaching the best players they could buy.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

moses_007

We really won't stand a chance at winning the West until Saban retires at Alabama.

B501

Quote from: luke hawg on July 20, 2017, 10:05:27 pm
Ole Miss will be on sanctions coming off an interim head coach with tons of roster attrition. Michigan backed out giving us an extra cupcake in 2018 and 2019. Kentucky and Vanderbilt rotate on schedule in 2018 and 2019. Our cross division rival is Missouri. LSU has just hired a coach that has proven nothing. TAMU will probably have a new coach as well. Dan Mullen needs to leave.

is nick saban retiring?  ::hornsdown::

RebelW

If I remember correctly, a few months ago  Saban got a contract extension

luke hawg

theFlyingHog

Quote from: RebelW on July 21, 2017, 06:10:06 am
In this day and age that doesn't really mean much though.

GuvHog

If things don't improve at Florida, I expect the Gators to can their current HC and go after Mullin since he was an assistant coach at Florida under Urban Meyer.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rljjr

Quote from: luke hawg on July 20, 2017, 11:08:31 pm
I'm not saying we are a sure bet to beat any of these teams. Its just more favorable than usual which could result in more wins and fun for us. We are a very healthy program right now and can take advantage of a down tick in schedule strength.

Absolutely correct. It's about as favorable as it gets. If we can do things right and win big those seasons that might snowball into confidence for future wins and more 4-star recruits. One can hope! We just have to not mess it up in the meantime.

oldhawg

Well, let's see:

Arkansas's record against Kentucky is 3 wins and 4 losses, and the Wildcats won as many games as the Razorbacks last year.

Arkansas's record against Missouri is 3 wins and 5 losses, and Missouri had a new coach last year and still beat the Razorbacks.

Arkansas's record against Texas A&M the last five years is 0 wins and 5 losses, and the Aggies already have a dysfunctional head coach.  Whose to say their coaching situation won't improve if they replace Sumlin, and they still have plenty of talent on campus.

Arkansas pick's up Notre Dame as an out of conference opponent, not exactly a cupcake.

LSU is still loaded with talent, and although Orgeron may not have "proven much," the Tigers did soundly beat the Razorbacks last year under his tutelage. 

Ole Miss may be down a bit, so there is a little light there.

Alabama is still the elephant in the room. 

Auburn has a coach that circles the Razorbacks on the calendar every year because the Hogs spurned him a few years ago.

Plus, exactly what has Bielema shown us in the win-loss column that would inspire confidence?

I like your optimism, but I don't exactly see an easier schedule in sight.   

HF#1

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on July 20, 2017, 10:35:17 pm

That talent currently at Ole Miss, won't be there for long. I see a long line of transfers coming.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

rhames

Quote from: RebelW on July 21, 2017, 06:10:06 am

And he could literally wake up tomorrow and retire and not owe the university a penny

Won't happen but we can dream
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

#1Fan

I'm optimistic, too.  CBB has proven that he can do quite well when the other teams in the division are on probation.  Now if we could only find some dirt on Saban.

rhames

Quote from: #1Fan on July 21, 2017, 08:15:42 am
I'm optimistic, too.  CBB has proven that he can do quite well when the other teams in the division are on probation.  Now if we could only find some dirt on Saban.

I've been a little less optimistic about Bret but he wouldn't ever screw us like Hugh screwed ole miss. 

I couldn't care less if he ever beats Saban but I think he can get us back to being excited.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hogcard1964

+1000

Ole Miss is officially a "dumpster fire".  I know that term has been thrown around a lot here, usually in some sort of defense of our program, but they're shot.  We won't lose to them again in a long time.  Ole Miss is now the truest form of the term "dumpster fire".

As far as Kentucky and Mizzou go, they usually beat us, so I won't discuss them.

jkstock04

Agree on first couple of points...(Bielema seemed to have Freezes number anyways).

Disagree that Mizzou is a pushover for us because of results when we play them. Disagree that coach O is a lame duck...Ole Miss fired him too early as evidenced by nutts success there. Classic Danny Ford situation like we had here. He did well at Southern Cal and got a raw deal.. and he took over LSU last year moving them away from the 1950s offense and having an nice season. I would take him over Bielema in a heartbeat. They absolutely hammered us last year. I could be wrong but will see how he does. I think we are really going to miss seeing Les Miles on the sidelines.

A&M may very well have a new coach if they don't win 9+ games this year. I suppose that situation has nowhere to go but up for us as it's been abysmal. Agree that you have to like Kentucky and Vandy coming in on the rotation.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

factchecker

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 21, 2017, 08:33:20 am
Disagree that coach O is a lame duck...Ole Miss fired him too early as evidenced by nutts success there.

2005   Ole Miss   3–8   1–7   T–5th (Western)         
2006   Ole Miss   4–8   2–6   T–4th (Western)         
2007   Ole Miss   3–9   0–8   6th (Western)         
Overall Record   10–25   3–21   

Coach O deserved more time with the above record?  He was 0-3 against Nutt during that time as well.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jkstock04

Quote from: factchecker on July 21, 2017, 08:57:38 am
2005   Ole Miss   3–8   1–7   T–5th (Western)         
2006   Ole Miss   4–8   2–6   T–4th (Western)         
2007   Ole Miss   3–9   0–8   6th (Western)         
Overall Record   10–25   3–21   

Coach O deserved more time with the above record?  He was 0-3 against Nutt during that time as well.
According to general Hogville logic I've learned it takes a bare minimum of 5 years to rebuild a program.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

factchecker

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 21, 2017, 09:00:37 am
According to general Hogville logic I've learned it takes a bare minimum of 5 years to rebuild a program.

According to jkstock04 logic Bielema should have been fired after year one.  I find it funny that you would give Coach O more leeway with his horrible record than you would Bielema.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

LRrazorback

Quote from: oldhawg on July 21, 2017, 08:07:23 am
Well, let's see:

Arkansas's record against Kentucky is 3 wins and 4 losses, and the Wildcats won as many games as the Razorbacks last year.

Arkansas's record against Missouri is 3 wins and 5 losses, and Missouri had a new coach last year and still beat the Razorbacks.

Arkansas's record against Texas A&M the last five years is 0 wins and 5 losses, and the Aggies already have a dysfunctional head coach.  Whose to say their coaching situation won't improve if they replace Sumlin, and they still have plenty of talent on campus.

Arkansas pick's up Notre Dame as an out of conference opponent, not exactly a cupcake.

LSU is still loaded with talent, and although Orgeron may not have "proven much," the Tigers did soundly beat the Razorbacks last year under his tutelage. 

Ole Miss may be down a bit, so there is a little light there.

Alabama is still the elephant in the room. 

Auburn has a coach that circles the Razorbacks on the calendar every year because the Hogs spurned him a few years ago.

Plus, exactly what has Bielema shown us in the win-loss column that would inspire confidence?

I like your optimism, but I don't exactly see an easier schedule in sight.   

Great points in the OP

But this^^^

Cinco de Hogo

So except for Saban at Alabama we have some Nutt-like schedules coming up...or B10 schedules while Bret was at Whiskey.  I don't think it will be quite that easy.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: factchecker on July 21, 2017, 09:06:13 am
According to jkstock04 logic Bielema should have been fired after year one.  I find it funny that you would give Coach O more leeway with his horrible record than you would Bielema.
We will USE the ARGUMENTS that FIT my NARRATIVE