Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AD's pay

Started by ricepig, July 19, 2017, 03:58:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

gchamblee

widespreadsooie

Louisville's AD makes the most and almost twice as much as anyone else. Strange.

rljjr

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 19, 2017, 04:04:45 pm
Louisville's AD makes the most and almost twice as much as anyone else. Strange.

Oh that crafty Papa John.

RazorWest

No integrity, but an amazing set of coaches there

HamSammich

Nice link. I notice that Longs potential bonus is the highest in the land?

I'm curious is that bonus linked to grades and graduation and good behavior and crap? Or is it football results related?

onebadrubi

Quote from: RazorWest on July 19, 2017, 04:34:45 pm
No integrity, but an amazing set of coaches there

Hookers and baby mommas too.

Tusks

JL $750k base, $450k other compensation.  He has a maximum bonus of $1.1M.

What has to happen for JL to get a $1.1M bonus?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Wildhog

Not strange at all when you look at how much success they've had in basically every sport.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Wildhog on July 19, 2017, 06:44:55 pm
Not strange at all when you look at how much success they've had in basically every sport.

They have very successful programs but they're 21 on USA Today's top athletic department's revenue. They're not Alabama or UNC. Yet their AD's salary shatters the market at 1M+. That's why I say strange.

HogHomer

Quote from: HamSammich on July 19, 2017, 04:37:04 pm

I'm curious is that bonus linked to grades and graduation and good behavior and crap? Or is it football results related?
By crap do you mean the other half of his job?

jkstock04

Quote from: ricepig on July 19, 2017, 03:58:11 pm
http://sportsinfo.pro/AthleticDirector2017.html
So Jeff Long makes more than LSU, Bama, A&M, and Auburns athletic director. Add in that Gody bonus and it's likely a whole lot more.

Why wouldn't he right? All they strive for is winning...anyone could do that. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Torqued pork

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 20, 2017, 12:13:43 am
So Jeff Long makes more than LSU, Bama, A&M, and Auburns athletic director. Add in that Gody bonus and it's likely a whole lot more.

I'm not a Jeff Long guy at all, but I wouldn't trade him for the the LSU AD.  Given the homegrown talent in Louisiana in the revenue sports they should be among the elite in both football and basketball more often.

He made a mess of the Les Miles firing.

onebadrubi

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 20, 2017, 12:13:43 am

Isn't bama AD fairly new?

You see. The stupid crap lsu AD has pulled with coaches and coaching searches?  He defined amateur hour. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 19, 2017, 11:25:54 pm
They have very successful programs but they're 21 on USA Today's top athletic department's revenue. They're not Alabama or UNC. Yet their AD's salary shatters the market at 1M+. That's why I say strange.

Revenue is driven more by conference affiliation than anything else.  Ernie from Sesame Street could be the AD at an SEC school and couldn't lose money no matter what he did.

Now, if you want to talk about "strange" when you look at those rankings, start doing your own "bang for the buck" analysis.

onebadrubi

Quote from: EastexHawg on July 20, 2017, 09:20:29 am
Revenue is driven more by conference affiliation than anything else.  Ernie from Sesame Street could be the AD at an SEC school and couldn't lose money no matter what he did.

Now, if you want to talk about "strange" when you look at those rankings, start doing your own "bang for the buck" analysis.

I don't believe even half of the sec schools athletic dept's operate in the black.  Must be run by cookie monsters

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 20, 2017, 10:54:06 am
I don't believe even half of the sec schools athletic dept's operate in the black.  Must be run by cookie monsters

More like all of them do.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: gchamblee on July 19, 2017, 04:01:31 pm
Carpetbagger!!
quite literally. he makes several hundred percent more than State Law allows.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

rhames

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 20, 2017, 10:54:06 am

Lol. Why?

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Pig in the Pokey

yeah that's crazy Jurich, Tom   Louisville   Atlantic Coast Conference   $2,760,842
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RME

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 20, 2017, 11:26:58 am
quite literally. he makes several hundred percent more than State Law allows.

Where can I find that info? Not questioning or condescending, but I'd like to see that and my Google keywords aren't really giving me much.

woodhog14

Quote from: HamSammich on July 19, 2017, 04:37:04 pm

You do understand the the AD is over the WHOLE ATHELTIC DEPARTMENT...meaning all 18 sports the University of Arkansas has right? The bonus is not just football related

ricepig

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on July 20, 2017, 12:21:28 pm
Where can I find that info? Not questioning or condescending, but I'd like to see that and my Google keywords aren't really giving me much.

Not sure, I think the maximum state pay is in the $300k range. I believe the UAMS Dr's are exempt, and there is a provision to go above that to keep certain personnel.
http://vcfa.uark.edu/policies/fayetteville/vcfa/4110.php

Deep Shoat

You guys get worked up about some of the stupidest darn...
All Gas, No Brakes!

hogsanity

Quote from: woodhog14 on July 20, 2017, 12:34:37 pm
You do understand the the AD is over the WHOLE ATHELTIC DEPARTMENT...meaning all 18 sports the University of Arkansas has right? The bonus is not just football related

They do not want to understand that. They think success or failure of the entire state rides on the football team. Long runs one of the best ATHLETIC DEPTS in all of college sports and it drives some of these guys crazy.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

woodhog14

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 20, 2017, 12:47:24 pm
No kidding. Our fan base is ridiculous.

hogsanity

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 20, 2017, 12:47:24 pm

They operate under two false assumptions:

1. That Jeff Long does not care of the teams win games or not

2. That ANYONE that matters cares what they think at all.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

phadedhawg

Jeff Long has elevated Razorback athletics in many sports.  He has good relations with the media, coaches, and players.  He's a success in most important measures. 

He's a great ambassador for the UA and they recognize it. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Surfing8 on July 20, 2017, 01:17:02 pm
No.

But I'm pretty sure a lot of people question whether Long has 'Winning More Football Games' in his Top 5 list of priorities when it comes to that particular program. 

Before you start the spin - 'Winning' is not 'Competitive'.

And has been pointed out before the athletic department is much more than just football, too bad many fans can not see that.

I do not think winning and competitive are the same thing. But now we have to go back to define winning. Is it winning more games in a season than you lose? Titles? Bowl games?

HamSammich

Quote from: woodhog14 on July 20, 2017, 12:34:37 pm

Get your panties un bunched and relax. I only asked if anyone knows how he gets bonused.

hogsanity

Quote from: HamSammich on July 20, 2017, 01:57:14 pm
Get your panties un bunched and relax. I only asked if anyone knows how he gets bonused.

Not exactly what you asked. You asked

"I'm curious is that bonus linked to grades and graduation and good behavior and crap? Or is it football results related?"

Which sure makes it sound like you hope it is not related things like grades/behavior/crap. I mean heaven forbid we actually turn out good student athletes, that behave.

RazorWest

Quote from: hogsanity on July 20, 2017, 12:50:57 pm
They do not want to understand that. They think success or failure of the entire state rides on the football team. Long runs one of the best ATHLETIC DEPTS in all of college sports and it drives some of these guys crazy.

describe best?  wins and losses?  They are competitive in most sports and great in none.  As far as APR and graduation I certainly give him props for caring about that piece and developing young people.  Want to win a little more in the sport that matters most to fans though.  Football