Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky, Tennessee, & Auburn Recruiting

Started by dwcherr, June 14, 2013, 11:19:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Current Kansas Jayhawks coach and former Florida OC Charlie Weis on what he told recruits: "I said, 'Have you looked at that pile of crap out there? Have you taken a look at that?' So if you don't think you can play here, where do you think you can play? It's a pretty simple approach."

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/22/4359841/ku-coach-charlie-weis-pitch-to.html
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

3BoarsDown

Saban takes what he wants and there's nothing Gustav can do about it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: DOGALUM on July 24, 2013, 10:38:02 am
That's all you have?   Weak

When you say "Auburn losing big time commits", then link to one commit that left (on the heels of Auburn picking up a 5-star WR and a highly rated DT a day or two before), it's kind of a key distinction.  Not to mention false.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on July 24, 2013, 10:41:44 am
When you say "Auburn losing big time commits", then link to one commit that left (on the heels of Auburn picking up a 5-star WR and a highly rated DT a day or two before), it's kind of a key distinction.  Not to mention false.
7 days

DOGALUM

DOGALUM

BTW.....632 days since your tiggers actually won a SEC football game.   LOL....

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: DOGALUM on July 24, 2013, 11:04:03 am
If I have to explain......it just backs up my post.   

7 days

The only thing in context it could refer to is the time between us getting the WR and DT commits and losing Casher.  If that's the case, you're wrong.  WR and DT commits came on 7/21.  Casher decommitted on 7/22.

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: DOGALUM on July 24, 2013, 11:08:49 am
BTW.....632 days since your tiggers actually won a SEC football game.   LOL....

BTW...approx. 8395 days since the pork chops won a football championship of any kind.  LMAO.

Hog Fan n Tx

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on July 24, 2013, 11:12:28 am
BTW...approx. 8395 days since the pork chops won a football championship of any kind.  LMAO.

At least we won it and did not have to buy it.

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: Hog Fan n Tx on July 24, 2013, 01:57:07 pm
At least we won it and did not have to buy it.

You won the SWC.  Everyone in that conference was buying players. 

How does it feel to have last won a championship from a conference that no longer exists and came when hair metal was still the rage?

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on July 24, 2013, 02:12:31 pm

How does it feel to have last won a championship from a conference that no longer exists and came when hair metal was still the rage?

Pot... meet... kettle...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on July 24, 2013, 02:30:49 pm
Pot... meet... kettle...

That's actually what I just said implicitly.  He brought up how you didn't pay for your last championship.  I essentially said anyone coming from the SWC has no room to talk about anyone paying for players.  Try to follow the conversation.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on July 24, 2013, 03:19:16 pm
That's actually what I just said implicitly.  He brought up how you didn't pay for your last championship.  I essentially said anyone coming from the SWC has no room to talk about anyone paying for players.  Try to follow the conversation.

So you are freely admitting that Auburn bought players?  Ok, now we are getting somewhere...

Hog Fan n Tx

That makes it even sweeter, we were the only one never to be accused of cheating.
Sorry I do not understand the hair metal comment.

NoNC4Tubs

You're actually bringing up "paying for players"?

Oh, the Irony!    8)

jacobp

how's that worked out for you since 2010?

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on July 24, 2013, 03:42:06 pm
So you are freely admitting that Auburn bought players?  Ok, now we are getting somewhere...

Reading is hard.  Apparently.

Pulled(PP)pork

Hog-Corleone

You said (note the bolded part in my original response)

Too which I responded: (which is an abbreviated way of saying "If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black" it sounds like you may not have understood that, so I wanted to clarify.)
Quote from: Hog-Corleone on July 24, 2013, 02:30:49 pm
Pot... meet... kettle...

To which you responded:
Quote from: Tigris Maximus on July 24, 2013, 03:19:16 pm
Which to me is interpreted to say this....

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on July 24, 2013, 03:42:06 pm

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on July 25, 2013, 09:27:51 am

So, no, my reading skills are perfectly fine, your comprehension skills may be a little lacking though.  You probably went all in on something you shouldn't have, you do know that syphilis will attack your brain don't you.  There is a cure though, so you have that going for you.

Redhogs

Quote from: Solomwi on July 25, 2013, 09:25:14 am
Arkansas may be the benefactor of this decommit. Bama doesn't really have room for him, but they use his family's allegience to push him away from Auburn. This one will play out much like the D. Philon recruitment a couple of years ago.

Meanwhile, Auburn will just plug in another 4 star player.
Perfect...what was the record last year with all the 4 stars and top recruiting classes....oh wait....AU fans, soooooooo delusional.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Redhogs on July 25, 2013, 11:17:36 am
Perfect...what was the record last year with all the 4 stars and top recruiting classes....oh wait....AU fans, soooooooo delusional.
when he says "plug in" I get the heebie jeebies.....

PP

hawgeathawg

He's probably just tired of playing in a high school offense, and doesn't want to spend the next four years in one.

Uncommon

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on July 25, 2013, 09:27:51 am
So is winning an SEC football game, apparently.  633 days since Auburn has won a SEC football game.

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on July 25, 2013, 01:10:20 pm
So is winning an SEC football game, apparently.  633 days since Auburn has won a SEC football game.

I'll take our track record, especially over the last 20 years since expansion, even if it includes an 0-8 SEC mark when it also includes the championships and undefeated seasons we've had.

But congrats on going 1-7 or 2-6 multiple times rather than the dreaded 0-8.  I'm sure that's comforting.

Uncommon

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on July 25, 2013, 01:15:07 pm
I'll take our track record, especially over the last 20 years since expansion, even if it includes an 0-8 SEC mark when it also includes the championships and undefeated seasons we've had.

But congrats on going 1-7 or 2-6 multiple times rather than the dreaded 0-8.  I'm sure that's comforting.
1-4 against Arkansas the past five years.

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on July 25, 2013, 10:12:54 am
You said (note the bolded part in my original response)
Too which I responded: (which is an abbreviated way of saying "If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black" it sounds like you may not have understood that, so I wanted to clarify.)
To which you responded:Which to me is interpreted to say this....

So, no, my reading skills are perfectly fine, your comprehension skills may be a little lacking though.  You probably went all in on something you shouldn't have, you do know that syphilis will attack your brain don't you.  There is a cure though, so you have that going for you.

You have an odd interpretation of comprehension.  It apparently means, "random s*** I say with no connection to known languages."

Essentially, your pot-kettle-black comment was a post too late.  I'd already made that comment in a different manner.  So it was just stupid of you to repeat it in essence.  Everything after that is a result of your inability to follow normal patterns of speech.

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on July 25, 2013, 01:16:37 pm

Another thing teams that win titles instead of pressing their nose against the glass watching others do it don't care about.  Our past five years include an SEC and BCS title.  Yours includes...finally getting to a BCS bowl and shatting the bed against Ohio State.

But woohoo!  4-1 vs Auburn!

hawgeathawg

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on July 25, 2013, 01:16:37 pm

The worst, I'm sure is getting beat by last years John L. Smith-coached team, at home, in a game that wasn't even close. I mean, ULM and Rutgers beat us at home last year. That had to sting.

Hog Fan n Tx

Now at 633 days.  Do you see a game on your schedule you can win before maybe Tennessee?  How many days will that be?  Can you imagine going 2 years with no SEC wins.  Not even ol miss is that bad.

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: Hog Fan n Tx on July 25, 2013, 01:24:26 pm
Now at 633 days.  Do you see a game on your schedule you can win before maybe Tennessee?  How many days will that be?  Can you imagine going 2 years with no SEC wins.  Not even ol miss is that bad.

You last won a championship almost 8200 days ago.  By the time you get another shot at it (because you know damn well it won't happen this season), it'll be topping 8500. 

Because I'll guarantee you we won't be hovering near 8 SEC losses this season.  I can equally guarantee you'll continue into the beginnings of a third decade of non-championship football.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on July 25, 2013, 01:15:07 pm

Seriously, you can't follow the conversation, that's fine...  Here are some facts for you...

Fact 1:  Auburns records over the last 3 years of the big three. Nice trending there for you statistical guys...
Auburn    Football   Baseball   Basketball
2010      8-0      14-16      5-11   
2011      4-4      13-17      5-11
2012      0-8      13-17      3-15

Fact 2:  Auburn is currently on a 634 day, and counting, losing streak in Football in the SEC.
Fact 3:  Auburn ended Ole Miss's 742 day winless streak on 10/13/12.  (LOL) 

Yeah, these stats dont support your elevated opinion of your school, save one bought and paid for football season, the rest is far less than mediocre.  I personally think HDN would have been a better fit for you guys, maybe even as AD.  Oh yeah, Ole Miss, LOL...

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on July 25, 2013, 01:57:45 pm
Seriously, you can't follow the conversation, that's fine...  Here are some facts for you...

Yeah I get it.  English is a second language in Arkansas.

QuoteFact 1:  Auburns records over the last 3 years of the big three. Nice trending there for you statistical guys...
Auburn    Football   Baseball   Basketball
2010      8-0      14-16      5-11   
2011      4-4      13-17      5-11
2012      0-8      13-17      3-15

Fact 2:  Auburn is currently on a 634 day, and counting, losing streak in Football in the SEC.
Fact 3:  Auburn ended Ole Miss's 742 day winless streak on 10/13/12.  (LOL) 

Yeah, these stats dont support your elevated opinion of your school, save one bought and paid for football season, the rest is far less than mediocre.  I personally think HDN would have been a better fit for you guys, maybe even as AD.  Oh yeah, Ole Miss, LOL...

Because I know that even though we have down years here and there, they don't last.  We bounce back and are again in the thick of it, competing for and winning championships.  You on the other hand have 20+ years of mediocrity with zilch to show you're any closer to winning anything.  Your last championship came almost a quarter century ago in a league that was falling apart and no longer exists.  Your last undefeated season happened before racial integration. 

My opinion of my program is based on fact, same as my opinion of yours.  When you can win just one title in this league, maybe you'll have a seat at the big boy table.  Until then, you're a gnat.

Hog-Corleone

Your opinion of your program is just that, an opinion. 

A down year here or there, looks like three declining years in a row in baseball and basketball, and two in a row in football.  From where I stand, the future doesn't look too bright in any of them either.  I do like the feeble attempt to deflect the discussion of the decline of Auburn athletics by bringing my program into the discussion.  Weak sauce.

Check your stats on our last championship, basketball, 19 years ago, and several in track within the last 10 years.  I would go back further in counting those, but you only only have ten fingers, you do have all your fingers don't you, I am assuming that you didn't lose one in the manure spreader there on the plains.  (I know, I know, those don't count). 

I think your rabbits need tending now, better get to it...

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on July 25, 2013, 02:34:44 pm
Yeah I get it.  English is a second language in Arkansas.

Because I know that even though we have down years here and there, they don't last.  We bounce back and are again in the thick of it, competing for and winning championships.  You on the other hand have 20+ years of mediocrity with zilch to show you're any closer to winning anything.  Your last championship came almost a quarter century ago in a league that was falling apart and no longer exists.  Your last undefeated season happened before racial integration. 

My opinion of my program is based on fact, same as my opinion of yours.  When you can win just one title in this league, maybe you'll have a seat at the big boy table.  Until then, you're a gnat.
Zilch?  Two SEC or was it Three SEC championship games since our addition.  obviously it's harder to get there with the SEC, but this decades SEC is last milleniums SWC.  You hope you will bounce back, I would like something more than a guarantee though, how about money where your mouth is?

PP

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Solomwi on July 25, 2013, 04:06:18 pm
I've got five bills that say Auburn wins more games this year

I disagree, the Auburn football team will not win more games than the Miami Heat this year, i accept your wager sir...

Hog Fan n Tx

When someone from auburn says five bills, he really means five dollars.  And more games in what sport and than who?

hawgeathawg

Quote from: Hog Fan n Tx on July 25, 2013, 04:12:42 pm
When someone from auburn says five bills, he really means five dollars.  And more games in what sport and than who?

No, no, no. He meant water bill, gas bill, car note, mortgage payment and his monthly payment to have his wife's back and facial hair waxed. If he loses, you have to pay all that.

Pulled(PP)pork

more than what they won last year, no bet

PP

hawgeathawg

That's pretty optimistic for a team whose QB's have completed as many passes to the opposing team as they have their own. Has Auburn even named a starting QB yet? A leader even?

tophawg19

Quote from: Hog Fan n Tx on July 25, 2013, 04:12:42 pm
not true . he has a gas bill , electric bill. trailer bill , sewer bill [ or is that the same as trailer? ] water bill, and a vet bill for all his sheep .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

grayhawg

hawgeathawg

Quote from: Solomwi on July 25, 2013, 08:12:10 pm
You scared?

I'm more scared of my grandma than I am Auburn, and she's dead. I was just trying to qualify any reasons for optimism you Aubies might have when, a month before the season begins, you haven't even settled on who's going to lead your offense.

That, plus the fact that Gus has not proven to date that he's capable of developing a college QB.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: hawgeathawg on July 25, 2013, 08:51:25 pm
I'm more scared of my grandma than I am Auburn, and she's dead. I was just trying to qualify any reasons for optimism you Aubies might have when, a month before the season begins, you haven't even settled on who's going to lead your offense.

That, plus the fact that Gus has not proven to date that he's capable of developing a college QB.

Gus recruited that stellar offensive talent that went 0-8 in the SEC last year.

He hasn't proven he can recruit and develop talent at all, just that he can coach players he inherits to run gadget plays.

hawgeathawg

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on July 25, 2013, 09:14:10 pm
Gus recruited that stellar offensive talent that went 0-8 in the SEC last year.

He hasn't proven he can recruit and develop talent at all, just that he can coach players he inherits to run gadget plays.

When a Willy Robinson D had your number, there's something wrong with your scheme.