Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to circle the wagons

Started by rizzohoghead, September 24, 2017, 11:44:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rizzohoghead

I had my moments last night.  Just like when anybody feels let down. It hurt, I am not gonna lie.  With all of that, I have one simple comment after sleeping on it.. This team deserves our support.  Coach B is really trying.   He cares, he is hurting with us.  I ask that you give these guys one last chance with all your heart and Razorback spirit.   I truly believe that they will figure this out.  I will be at the game this coming Saturday showing my support.  This is not the time to burn this team to the ground.  Its time to circle the wagons.  Get on board its about to get good.  You will forever be remembered were you stood in this tough stretch.  I will quit when this team and group of coaches quit, they haven't yet, so i won't quit on them. 
WPS!!!

NorthDallas40

Großer Kriegschwein

Lol.

Rah rah. They are so dedicated.

How about figure out what's wrong before the season starts? Like almost everyone else does.
This is my non-signature signature.

Redhogs

Quote from: rizzohoghead on September 24, 2017, 11:44:30 am
I had my moments last night.  Just like when anybody feels let down. It hurt, I am not gonna lie.  With all of that, I have one simple comment after sleeping on it.. This team deserves our support.  Coach B is really trying.   He cares, he is hurting with us.  I ask that you give these guys one last chance with all your heart and Razorback spirit.   I truly believe that they will figure this out.  I will be at the game this coming Saturday showing my support.  This is not the time to burn this team to the ground.  Its time to circle the wagons.  Get on board its about to get good.  You will forever be remembered were you stood in this tough stretch.  I will quit when this team and group of coaches quit, they haven't yet, so i won't quit on them. 
WPS!!!
Pure gold.....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

longpig

WPS!!!

The big money cats looking out on a half empty stadium will do more for this program than supporting this HC. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Al Boarland

I truly believe that they will figure this out. 

Get on board its about to get good.

I would appreciate a detailed post on what brings you to these two conclusions.

TIA

Dark Helmet Hog

WPS!!!

Every single player on the team has my respect and support. Long and Bielema do not. I am done with them both.

Bacons Rebellion

When Arkansas folks circle the wagons, you end up with the Mountain Meadows Massacre.

Boardon Hamsay

I'm making popcorn. Hope this thread is still here in 2:22.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HouSwine

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on September 24, 2017, 01:20:26 pm
When Arkansas folks circle the wagons, you end up with the Mountain Meadows Massacre.
The Hogs don't play BYU this year

DeltaBoy

WPS!!!

No it time to clean house and send Long and the pig farmer packing!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

porkrindjimmy

WPS!!!

Hey Randy, when is a reasonable time frame for me to expect to see these good things you are pointing out in your astute observations? 6th year? 10th year? 18th year? I appreciate all that you and the rest of the athletic department do over there...I will hang up and listen...Thank you.

PRJ

HouSwine

Let's cheer for these guys until the season is over before we play musical chairs again with the Head Coach position.
Learn from the past.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 01:35:34 pm
Hey Randy, when is a reasonable time frame for me to expect to see these good things you are pointing out in your astute observations? 6th year? 10th year? 18th year? I appreciate all that you and the rest of the athletic department do over there...I will hang up and listen...Thank you.

PRJ
Well it started out as a 3-5  year rebuild. Then went to a 4-6 last summer when everyone finally remembered that the same players would be on that D then it went to 5-7 last week to a 8-10 year project.

Oklahawg

Quote from: HouSwine on September 24, 2017, 01:39:07 pm
Let's cheer for these guys until the season is over before we play musical chairs again with the Head Coach position.
Learn from the past.

Thanks!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hogs-n-Roses

Jimmy just stop your griping and send in more money. Be a real hog fan. Don't you know your hurtin the team.

247Hog

September 24, 2017, 01:45:37 pm #16 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 02:00:46 pm by 247Hog
Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 24, 2017, 12:00:19 pm
Lol.

Rah rah. They are so dedicated.

How about figure out what's wrong before the season starts at halftime and make adjustments? Like almost everyone else does.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

DeltaBoy

We truly have HDN 2.0 With less wins and no SEC West Championships.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

longpig

Quote from: HouSwine on September 24, 2017, 01:32:46 pm
The Hogs don't play BYU this year

Won't EVER play at their place and fall for that trick again.

LZH

Hang up your cleats buddy, fat boy is off to Iowa state or somewhere and Jeff is....well, on his own.

longpig

Quote from: HouSwine on September 24, 2017, 01:39:07 pm
Learn from the past.

Did that last season, then Auburn happened.  Then Missouri happened.  Then V Tech happened. 

Russ22

Is this where we here about a "players only" meeting?
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

DeltaBoy

There no wagons to circle Bret destroyed them !

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: LZH on September 24, 2017, 01:49:35 pm
Hang up your cleats buddy, fat boy is off to Iowa state or somewhere and Jeff is....well, on his own.

How soon? It can't be quick enough. I think we're stuck at least one more year.

HogsonHicks

$4.1M per year has to equal more than "trying hard".

theFlyingHog

WPS!!!
I could try all I want and I still wouldn't be able to start the engines on a Boeing 777. If you can't get the job done, you can't get the job done.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Yay for GPA's and getting your car keys taken away for a week.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: longpig on September 24, 2017, 01:48:07 pm
Won't EVER play at their place and fall for that trick again.

this did not go un-noticed. +1 for historical reference.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 24, 2017, 01:15:11 pm

TIA

I gave you some detail in an OP.  I know. tldr
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

rizzohoghead

I am a wait to the end of season kind of guy.  I am just tired of all the pissing and moaning.  Going to support the team until that point.

3Scoreand10

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 24, 2017, 01:18:57 pm
Every single player on the team has my respect and support. Long and Bielema do not. I am done with them both.

I am with you here.
It is because I respect and support these kids that I am so angry with this coaching staff.
They deserve better.
They would be successful with a GOOD, not great coach.

1highhog

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 24, 2017, 01:18:57 pm

Great post.

Wild Boarnado

WPS!!!

Thank you, rizzohoghead. I feel the same way.
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

pghawg1

I love the hogs,but seems like over the last 5 years we have to circle the wagons.,every year.  It is getting OLD.

ICEman

This is not the time to burn this team to the ground.  Its time to circle the wagons.  Get on board its about to get good.  You will forever be remembered were you stood in this tough stretch.  I will quit when this team and group of coaches quit, they haven't yet, so i won't quit on them. 
WPS!!!

http://youtu.be/0VOZGpz4mno
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

roothawg

I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT. I AM WITH THEM ALL THE WAY NO MATTER WHAT. THE DEFENSE NEEDS SOME HELP AND HOPWFULLY PR CAN EVALUATE BETTER THAN THE FORMER DEFENSIVE COORDINATORS DID. LOTS OF THINGS NEED WORKED ON STILL BUT THIS TEAM CAN PULL OFF SOME GOOD GAMES AND WE END UP ABOVE .500 WITH YOUNG TALENT GETTING EXPERIENCE. IT IS CLEAR THAT THE YOUNG GUYS ARE MORE TALENTED THAN ALOT OF THE UPPER CLASSMEN, LETS BUILD ON THAT AND LET THEM TAKE US WHERE WE WANT TO BE.

STLhawg

What wagons?  The flaming arrows from the indians already burned all but the one BB and JL are driving together -- and it is headed right for a cliff (and they have no clue)!

JOKERHOG

Nolan's first team looked better than this and he was almost fired.  This is year 5!  If it was going to get better it already would have. 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Athog

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 24, 2017, 01:15:11 pm

TIA

Well number 1 is they are not stupid and did not get rich with
people like you telling them what they need to do!

Swestwill66

CIRCLE The Wagons?? With hogville in the circle? You'd be better off outside the circle!!

johnny cash

VirginiaHog

Quote from: rizzohoghead on September 24, 2017, 03:16:20 pm
I am a wait to the end of season kind of guy.  I am just tired of all the pissing and moaning.  Going to support the team until that point.
This go hogs!!!

Boardon Hamsay

I would like to order a Conestoga Wagon for this effort. Actually, I need two. Ponderin also is a fan of the Conestoga wagon, as it relates to wagon circling and/or bandwagon antics.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on September 24, 2017, 11:50:04 am
Great post Jen!

Get off the Jen crap.  Post something positive or negative but leave a coach's wife out of it.   Yes it might seem funny but it's kiddie shiat. 

hoghearted

Is that sorta like being inside the 'circle of trust'?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

greasy_corner

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on September 25, 2017, 07:49:10 pm
Get off the Jen crap.  Post something positive or negative but leave a coach's wife out of it.   Yes it might seem funny but it's kiddie shiat. 

#Karma

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on September 25, 2017, 07:40:05 pm
I would like to order a Conestoga Wagon for this effort. Actually, I need two. Ponderin also is a fan of the Conestoga wagon, as it relates to wagon circling and/or bandwagon antics.

Do these new model Stoga's come with parachutes, cause I ain't going over a cliff in one if they don't.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 25, 2017, 09:44:20 pm
Do these new model Stoga's come with parachutes, cause I ain't going over a cliff in one if they don't.

Chutes ain't standard equipment on the base Conestoga models but I'm betting the "bail out" limited editions have chutes. Prolly will only run a few extra shillings.

johnny cash

Quote from: greasy_corner on September 25, 2017, 09:31:20 pm
#Karma
Since Jen Bielema tweeted #karma on this day in 2013 after Wisconsin's wild loss at Arizona State; Wisconsin is 41-12, Arkansas is 23-27
8:52 AM - Sep 15, 2017

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on September 25, 2017, 09:50:48 pm
Chutes ain't standard equipment on the base Conestoga models but I'm betting the "bail out" limited editions have chutes. Prolly will only run a few extra shillings.

"Bail out". They don't cost 15 million do they, that would be a little over my budget.

And by the way if I get in line I ain't eating Pinderin's dust.