Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How did DemGaz come to that conclusion?

Started by Pancetta, October 12, 2017, 12:51:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Donny2665

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on October 12, 2017, 02:44:45 pm
I did, and I don't see where this addresses any possible extensions.  By definition, the extension added 24 months to the original contract.  So the "Contract Term" now becomes 8 years not 6.  You have to use 96 months to get to the $5.9MM number that the articles reported.  Using 72 months gets you $7.98MM at December...

I can see the argument both ways on this, regardless, the new calculation is much less than  what we originally thought.

$15,400,00.00/96 months is $160,416.67 X 25 months left if fired Dec. 1st = $4,010,416.75. I'm not seeing how you come up with your buyout amounts by using the 96 months.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Donny2665 on October 12, 2017, 03:00:25 pm
$15,400,00.00/96 months is $160,416.67 X 25 months left if fired Dec. 1st = $4,010,416.75. I'm not seeing how you come up with your buyout amounts by using the 96 months.

Because there will be 37 months left in December, not 25.  It goes through December of 2020.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

DoctorSusscrofa

It only thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis loooooooooooooong for us to figure out the contract.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkSoda

Quote from: factchecker on October 12, 2017, 03:15:07 pm

that's how I did math in my head long before common core was a thing.  I hated having to write out the equation like the top example and always got in trouble for just putting the answer. I guess some people just learn differently.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Donny2665

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on October 12, 2017, 03:04:03 pm
Because there will be 37 months left in December, not 25.  It goes through December of 2020.
Correct you are sir! I was going to the end of 2019.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 12, 2017, 03:19:46 pm
that's how I did math in my head long before common core was a thing.  I hated having to write out the equation like the top example and always got in trouble for just putting the answer. I guess some people just learn differently.

Because our minds are cocked up doesn't mean that Delta's has to be all......

Just never mind.

Carry on Rain Man.
This is my non-signature signature.