Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Player Bashing

Started by PharmacistHog, January 18, 2018, 07:24:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

It stops now. Theres a difference in saying player X had a bad game vs player Y is selfish. Keep that trash off this board.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

ADavisTheGOAT

The players read it too. I just put all the blame on the coaches.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Fan701

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 18, 2018, 07:24:44 pm
It stops now. Theres a difference in saying player X had a bad game vs player Y is selfish. Keep that trash off this board.

Hear! Hear!  There's not a player on this team not doing his best.  I've never understood why fans trash our own players.

navyhog24

January 19, 2018, 02:24:33 pm #3 Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 02:50:20 pm by navyhog24
Calling a player selfish is bashing?? Wow.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: navyhog24 on January 19, 2018, 02:24:33 pm
Calling a player selfish is bashing?? Wow.

Theres just no reason for it. We don't know what those kids are thinking. Just need to let up on singling out players and hammering them. They know they arent playing well. Not a damn one of them would trade a win for a 30 point game. Bash the coach. He's fair game. Just need to ease up a bit on the players.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Razorback_Mack

pigture perfect

In my opinion if a player seems selfish or lazy it has to go back to lack of a scheme. It's all on the coach.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 18, 2018, 07:24:44 pm
If that is all it takes to be considered player bashing, half the mmqb board would be categorized as bashing
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Iwastherein1969

If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all. At least that's what my mom told me. ::hornsdown::
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HeyHogs

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 20, 2018, 12:34:50 pm
In my opinion if a player seems selfish or lazy it has to go back to lack of a scheme. It's all on the coach.
Dude!  Really?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 20, 2018, 02:42:08 pm
If that is all it takes to be considered player bashing, half the mmqb board would be categorized as bashing

I havent been in mmqb. If I see it I'll address it. It's basketball season and I've seen some stuff about the players that isn't necessary. Its never ok to call out players even if its missed or overlooked by moderators.
Millennials suck...

Mjs84

Well, I'm just here to bash Coach Mike Anderson.  He needs to get his stuff together and win some road games.  This is flat out rediculous!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Mjs84 on January 20, 2018, 06:11:39 pm
Well, I'm just here to bash Coach Mike Anderson.  He needs to get his stuff together and win some road games.  This is flat out rediculous!

I'll ripeat what I said in the OP, Anderson is fair game.
Millennials suck...

pigture perfect

Quote from: HeyHogs on January 20, 2018, 04:44:56 pm
Dude!  Really?
Yep. My opinion. With that and a $1.39 I can buy a cup of coffee at Waffle House.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Mjs84

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 06:14:01 pm
I'll ripeat what I said in the OP, Anderson is fair game.

I give him 1 year to see what he can do with his incoming class.  Supposed to be some talented guys.  If he can win some road games next season, he will be off the hook.  But, I don't expect any miracles this year.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Mjs84 on January 20, 2018, 06:38:09 pm
I give him 1 year to see what he can do with his incoming class.  Supposed to be some talented guys.  If he can win some road games next season, he will be off the hook.  But, I don't expect any miracles this year.

If he crashes and burns this season its time for him to go. Thats my opinion. We can't keep letting recruiting classes hold us hostage.
Millennials suck...

FineAsSwine

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 06:41:59 pm
If he crashes and burns this season its time for him to go. Thats my opinion. We can't keep letting recruiting classes hold us hostage.

Which recruiting class held us hostage? I haven't seen that.
Hogs up! Covid down!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 20, 2018, 06:48:55 pm
Which recruiting class held us hostage? I haven't seen that.

Shouldn't have said keep letting. I hit post before reading it.
Millennials suck...

Mjs84

He's already crashed and burned it for me.  His teams look lifeless and unprepared on the road.  Whatever it is, may it be strictly mental or simply fatigue from his fastest 40 ways, his whole history at Arkansas has been 1 road loss after another.   I certainly don't see that changing this year.  Frankly, I want to be proven wrong, and I want him to do it.  If he doesn't turn a corner, and I mean consistent top 25 play the entire year with the next group of guys, he's toast.  There's a very good chance that Mike Anderson is better than the alternative.  You just have to weight the variables.  If he lays a goose egg next year, we will know without a doubt to look elsewhere for leadership.

PonderinHog

That may be the case, but I doubt if it happens this year.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 21, 2018, 11:43:56 am
That may be the case, but I doubt if it happens this year.

Depends how it goes down.
Millennials suck...

Paul

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 21, 2018, 12:50:42 pm
Depends how it goes down.
thanks for putting a stop to that crap.  It gets back to the kids & makes all our fans look bad.  Can't believe the OP who said a player was shaving points. That crap is indefensible!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Paul on January 21, 2018, 07:45:24 pm
thanks for putting a stop to that crap.  It gets back to the kids & makes all our fans look bad.  Can't believe the OP who said a player was shaving points. That crap is indefensible!

I didn't see that one at all.
Millennials suck...

Three and Snout

HawgsPolo

January 23, 2018, 08:10:25 pm #24 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 05:40:51 pm by HawgsPolo
Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 19, 2018, 07:57:21 pm
Theres just no reason for it. We don't know what those kids are thinking. Just need to let up on singling out players and hammering them. They know they arent playing well. Not a damn one of them would trade a win for a 30 point game. Bash the coach. He's fair game. Just need to ease up a bit on the players.

The coach shouldn't be allowed to be bashed either, but it is what it is. The dummies that think a coach who has never had a losing season can't  coach are just idiotic and clearly have an agenda. I've seen the program at it's lowest point and it is clearly on an uptick. MA isn't going anywhere so folks may as well accept it or Go cheer on BB.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

NostraHOGus

A better rule:

If one is about to say something that sounds like one of the guys in the "Hoosiers" barber shop, reconsider the comment.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HawgsPolo on January 23, 2018, 08:10:25 pm
The coach shouldn't be allowed to be bashed either, but it is what it is. The dummies that think a coach who has never had a losing season can coach are just idiotic and clearly have an agenda. I've seen the program at it's lowest point and it is clearly on an uptick. MA isn't going anywhere so folks may as well accept it or Go cheer on BB.

The coaches are paid to perform and the fans pay to watch. That alone makes the coach fair game. I agree Mike probably won't be going anywhere anytime soon. He'll do just enough to get by. Hopefully one of those years we can catch lightning in a bottle and make a run, but I don't expect consistent results.

And I am SO sick of hearing the talking points "never had a losing leason" and "best coach since Nolan".
Millennials suck...

PonderinHog

Is it still okay to smite Johnny Bobo ???  Asking for a friend.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 24, 2018, 10:31:27 am
Is it still okay to smite Johnny Bobo ???  Asking for a friend.

Bash his ass.
Millennials suck...

razorprep

There is a big difference in "Player X is a selfish ball-hawg who only cares about his stats" vs. "Player X needs to distribute the ball more and find the open guy."
....  even if the two statements are mutually inclusive.

PonderinHog

Quote from: tncbg on January 27, 2018, 03:28:49 pm
Looks like you should start your own board or complain to the moderators. I don't disagree that bashing players is a bad idea, but what is the definition of "bashing"?  Saying "player x made a stupid turnover" or "player y needs to work on his ball handling" or "player z needs to play more/less"  is just an observation. You can proclaim that this or that "stops now", but you have no enforcement mechanism. I post what I want, and unless you are the moderator, you can't dictate the contents.
Uh, he is the moderator, sir.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: tncbg on January 27, 2018, 03:28:49 pm
Looks like you should start your own board or complain to the moderators. I don't disagree that bashing players is a bad idea, but what is the definition of "bashing"?  Saying "player x made a stupid turnover" or "player y needs to work on his ball handling" or "player z needs to play more/less"  is just an observation. You can proclaim that this or that "stops now", but you have no enforcement mechanism. I post what I want, and unless you are the moderator, you can't dictate the contents.

Hmmmmmm. Okay?
Millennials suck...

PonderinHog

PharmacistHog

Millennials suck...

PonderinHog

PonderinHog

Johnny Bobo

my smites have grown since this thread was posted and I don't appreciate it

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 27, 2018, 07:34:20 pm

Go report it to a mod.
Millennials suck...

PonderinHog

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 27, 2018, 07:34:20 pm

Johnny Bobo

Birminghog

Quote from: tncbg on January 27, 2018, 04:29:48 pm
Got what? Who is Bucko? Had I known the guy is the moderator, I would not have said he "has no enforcement mechanism."  Not being much of a regular, I don't know who is or is not a moderator. Regardless, I'm sure he can speak for himself without the assistant hall monitor chiming in. Give my regards to "Bucko".

Reading is fundamental. Under the name "PharmacistHog" is the title "Global Moderator".

BTW, Pharm, bravissimo on cleaning up the nonsense on here.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: tncbg on January 28, 2018, 12:17:16 pm
Reading is indeed fundamental. Had you read my comments, you would understand. Not being a regular, I don't check anyone's profile before responding to them. The tone of his post was clearly that of a moderator or an overzealous participant. Had he said "As the global moderator, I demand that the player bashing stop", it would have been clear to anyone (regular or not) that his demand is supported by an enforcement mechanism. Perhaps I am supposed to know his handle is that of a global moderator, but his power and notoriety escaped me. Ultimately, it's no big deal. I will post according to the rules as I understand them and if banned, I'll go back to talking to myself. It's all good.

May I ask if you primarily use the mobile version of this site?
Millennials suck...

PonderinHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 28, 2018, 12:35:04 pm
May I ask if you primarily use the mobile version of this site?
NO, you may not!   >:(

PharmacistHog

Quote from: tncbg on January 28, 2018, 12:39:58 pm
Yes, I only use the mobile version. I only view this on my phone so the full version isn't a good option.

Ahhhh, okay, that makes more sense. Thanks!
Millennials suck...

Birminghog

Quote from: tncbg on January 28, 2018, 12:39:58 pm
Yes, I only use the mobile version. I only view this on my phone so the full version isn't a good option.

Mea culpa. Did not consider that.

Arky

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 28, 2018, 12:42:55 pm
Ahhhh, okay, that makes more sense. Thanks!
as much sense as jr....

OkieBack

Quote from: Fan701 on January 19, 2018, 08:08:04 am
Hear! Hear!  There's not a player on this team not doing his best.  I've never understood why fans trash our own players.

I just wish for the remainder of the season folks would shut up.  Let these players AND the coach do their jobs best they can.  I hope the players don't read and believe all the crap that is thrown on here but I'm sure some do.  But if they don't have all this interference I would love to see what they can do the rest of this month.  Just let em get back to work, folks.  Leave the hate talk elsewhere.  I get fair criticism of team play, but don't get personal.  No need.

hawg66

The A&M game thread was disgraceful. Nothing but player bashing and whining by a large number of posters. I think the mods should go back and read it if they haven't. Bunch of people should have been reprimanded if you're serious about not bashing the players.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: hawg66 on February 01, 2018, 12:08:37 pm
The A&M game thread was disgraceful. Nothing but player bashing and whining by a large number of posters. I think the mods should go back and read it if they haven't. Bunch of people should have been reprimanded if you're serious about not bashing the players.

Not only was the A&M thread disgraceful but most of the threads on Jump Ball have become so as well. Player bashing should never be allowed!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Fan701

Quote from: hawg66 on February 01, 2018, 12:08:37 pm
So true.  Hogville has now become just a place to come bash the coach and the players, too.  I really thought the moderator meant it when he wrote, "No player bashing."  But the bashing is now worse than I've ever seen it.  I know people are angry about losing, but bashing our own players should be out of bounds.  Why is there no enforcement of this rule?