Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 SEC Players NBA Prospects

Started by jbcarol, December 05, 2015, 10:54:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Nick Friedell‏Verified account @NickFriedell Jul 14

Bulls announce they have signed Antonio Blakeney to a two way contract. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0677596316519374824-4 ...

Ex-LSU

jbcarol

Hawkins, Willis at crossroads? Overseas basketball an option to ponder

Former Kentucky players like Dominique Hawkins and Derek Willis probably face what ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla considers an annual basketball dilemma.

Quote"Do I play in the D League, making $25,000 for six months?" Fraschilla said of the NBA's development league now known as the G League. "Or do I check my ego at the door, quite frankly, and go overseas and start a career over there where the starting salary could be $200,000? But, if you play well enough, you can work it up to seven figures.

"And," he added, "you get to see the world. And it's good basketball."

More than a quarter of the players in the NBA last season were foreign born, Fraschilla said. As for making a living, former Kansas player Keith Langford has an annual salary of $2.3 million — tax free, Fraschilla said — playing in Russia.

Heshimu Evans is among the many former UK players who've continued playing basketball in foreign countries. His post-college playing career included stops in France, Japan, Spain and Angola, plus, most significantly, two multi-year stints in Portugal.

Evans now speaks Portuguese, and holds dual citizenship. He played on Portugal's national team.

Fraschilla saw Hawkins, Willis and before that Andrew and Aaron Harrison at this basketball crossroads. "You have to have a realistic expectation of where your career can go," the ESPN analyst said.

Fraschilla said Hawkins and Willis were "on the cusp of potentially making a (NBA) team."

Playing overseas, Willis could "fit in as a shooting big guy, and end up having a nice career," Fraschilla said. "If you want to leave the comforts of home."

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/888096869485867008

QuoteWillis will bring a stretch-four skill set to the Motor City.

He played summer league with Detroit and clearly the Pistons liked him enough to keep him on board.

He was passed out in the road this time last year in Boone County.  Came a long way.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell 17h17 hours ago

Report: Former Kentucky guard Isaiah Briscoe signs training camp teal [sic] with Portland Trail Blazers

jbcarol

Evan Daniels‏Verified account @EvanDaniels Sep 17

Mitchell Robinson has decided to bypass college to begin training for the NBA Draft, he tells Scout | Story: http://scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Five-star-big-man-Mitchell-Robinson-will-bypass-college-begin-tr-107602754 ...

jbcarol

rickbozich‏Verified account @rickbozich Sep 22

Don't shoot the messenger: basketball source says Mitchell Robinson is in Bowljng Green today. I asked WKU AD Todd Stewart. No response.

WKU AD Todd Stewart says he has "no idea," if Robinson is in BG.  "He's not in school or on the basketball team anymore."

Let me make this clear: WKU AD @ToddStewartWKU responded to me on Mitchell Robinson as quickly as he could. I appreciate that.

jbcarol

Casey Holdahl‏Verified account @CHold

The Blazers have waived Anthony Morrow, Isaiah Briscoe and Archie Goodwin