Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lane Kiffin Misconceptions

Started by HogTakes, October 22, 2017, 10:42:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgPound

Quote from: Hoginsavga on October 23, 2017, 02:08:28 pm
I see the comment quite often that someone is not a good fit for Arkansas. It's also seldom that I see anyone mentioned that doesn't have numerous negative comments posted about them and they are not the right fit. It seems if it's anyone with a name or past they are not the right fit.

So can you describe the characteristics that would make a person the right fit. Also provide a few names if you can. Please don't list Joel Osteen as he probably can't coach any better than what we currently have.

This is not about Arkansas. It is about Kiffin. Take a look at his resume and the places he has chosen to go. There is a theme. He seems to like the coast and that lifestyle.

I happen to love Arkansas and could not wait to get back to it even when I was living on the west coast. Some people fit in geographical regions better than others.

zebradynasty

Quote from: East TN HAWG on October 23, 2017, 02:32:44 pm
If he wins, no one cares.  In all actuality, CBB is trying to do things the right way, but he is on very thin ice because of his W-L record.  The majority of the fan base cares about one thing wining.  Its not only at AR its across the NCAA.  Kiffin's mouth is irrelevant as long as his W-L % is good.

Well unless he is a much better recruiter than even I give him credit and we win every game...If he hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut anytime he looses that mouth and his antics magnify the loss. This is same state that roasted Hatfield for saying "Jesus wept" after a loss! Good enough coach but I don't see him being the right fit here.

Ā 

goodguytex

I would be ok with Kiffin I guess. He has really done a great job in his 1st year at FAU. So if it happens, I'll be ok with it.

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Sivad

Quote from: IronHog on October 23, 2017, 06:01:36 pm
Kiffin could win at Arkansas
He would be an exciting hire. And we need that.

BrianG

I wonder if the same fans going ape darn on Kiffins personality are the same ones with a hard on for  Leach?

Hogindasticks

Anything that could make Saban a little angry would be fine with me.

TrueBlue

Instant headlines is what it would bring us and recruits want to play with him. He relates to the recruits.

IronHog

Quote from: keithrichardsliver on October 23, 2017, 07:46:00 pm
ok, I misspoke earlier. One person I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole is Kiffin. He's done less with more at many top shelf programs.

then again, his wife IS hot.....

Small meals
Hot wife
Throw sideways football
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

EastTNHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢ on October 22, 2017, 11:22:19 pm
He's finally hit 40 as well, and one would think the need to be immature and show everyone he's awesome is fleeing. Can't be worse, can he?
He's a man now. Come at him.