Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Statement by Greg Sankey Today

Started by WilsonHog, February 08, 2017, 06:58:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

He was asked about the state of SEC basketball, and his response was pretty simple and direct: the conference is judged by the NCAA Tournament.

Seems reasonable to me that teams IN the SEC ought to be judged by the same standard.

revolution

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 08, 2017, 06:58:31 pm
He was asked about the state of SEC basketball, and his response was pretty simple and direct: the conference is judged by the NCAA Tournament.

Seems reasonable to me that teams IN the SEC ought to be judged by the same standard.

Oh great, now Sankey is against Mike Anderson, too!  He better go kick rocks!

WilsonHog

Quote from: revolution on February 08, 2017, 06:59:47 pm
Oh great, now Sankey is against Mike Anderson, too!  He better go kick rocks!

We may need some more rocks for all the kicking to be done!  :) :)

Atlhogfan1

The number of SEC teams who make ie 3 of 14? 

Or the winning % of the 3 who make it ignoring the varying degrees of crappiness/mediocrity of the other 11? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

revolution

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 08, 2017, 07:02:15 pm
The number of SEC teams who make ie 3 of 14? 

Or the winning % of the 3 who make it ignoring the varying degrees of crappiness/mediocrity of the other 11? 

IMO the winning % of the teams in the tourney should be the criteria.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on February 08, 2017, 07:05:59 pm
IMO the winning % of the teams in the tourney should be the criteria.

Badly misleading. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 08, 2017, 06:58:31 pm

If that's the case Sankey need to tell the refs to get with the program...

onebadrubi

We have some of the worse refs in all of college.  It's atrocious, but not the reason Arkansas is underperforming!