Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boeing 757

Started by GoHogs1091, September 27, 2016, 09:04:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogs1091

Here is an interesting article regarding the Boeing 757.  The article does have some grammatical errors, but still a very interesting article.

http://www.thisisinsider.com/boeing-757-pilot-reveals-737-not-replacement-2016-9

It looks like Boeing made a big mistake by discontinuing the 757.  Perhaps, they will continue it again.  If they put on updated engines, and made a reintroduced 757 cockpit have instrumentation that is like what is in the 787, then it would be a big hit. 

Airbus filled in that market quite a bit with the A320 and A321, but a reintroduced 757 with those above updated aspects could very well take back some of that market.

I personally feel that Boeing's line-up should be just the following.

757 (an updated 757.  Major airlines love it, and pilots apparently love it.  It would be awesome with 787 instrumentation)

The 737 and a new 757 could really solidify Boeing on the domestic routes.  The 777 really shines on trans-oceanic routes.

The unfairly funded consortium, Airbus, has really been damaging to Boeing.  Not good for a great american company, and something needs to be done to bring back Boeing to premier prominence, especially on longer domestic routes here in the United States (such as NY to LAX, and Miami to Seattle).  American Airlines could really move a lot of passengers on the Chicago O'Hare to Dallas/Fort-Worth route with a continuation of an updated 757.  Delta Airlines could really move a lot of passengers out of Atlanta/Hartsfield-Jackson on an updated 757.

Really need to get United States commercial airline aviation back out of the hands of a foreign unfairly funded consortium (Airbus).

theFlyingHog

My favorite aircraft. Especially with RR under the wings. I remember a redeye out of SEA many moons ago; toes on the brakes until everything was shaking then, wham, off the ground before I could get my head out of the lap behind me