Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final from Orlando: Florida State 45, Ole Miss 34

Started by jbcarol, September 05, 2016, 06:48:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Rebels' tough stretch begins Monday

QuoteWith an ongoing NCAA investigation, Ole Miss' standing off the field is in question.

The outcome of that investigation will be determined down the road.

Monday night's date with No. 4 Florida State provides Ole Miss an opportunity to make a national statement to open the 2016 season.

A win could also give the SEC a banner win for the weekend. The conference didn't look its best on Saturday. No. 6 LSU lost to unranked Wisconsin, while Mississippi State lost at home to South Alabama, and Southern Miss went on the road and beat Kentucky,  Arkansas squeaked by Louisiana Tech and Missouri lost to West Virginia.

Not to mention, No. 10 Tennessee needed overtime to escape with a win against Appalachian State on Thursday.

The conference went 1-1 against the ACC, though, with No. 16 Georgia beating No. 20 North Carolina and No. 2 Clemson taking a victory against Auburn.

So this will be the rubber match of the weekend between the two.

Win or lose, Florida State will be good preparation for what's coming down the road in the immediate future for Ole Miss.

Wofford comes to Oxford on Saturday, but No. 1 Alabama and Georgia visit in consecutive weeks after that.

"I think with the September we have, we don't need to waste much time jumping into battles," Freeze said. "One play doesn't make it, you are going to have to play, you know, the full four quarters to beat these teams we've got scheduled in September and this one will help us prepare towards that for sure."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/HKellenbergerCL/status/772792413119213569

Quote"I thought the way we finished last year spoke volumes about where we were in (my fourth year here), to be able to go to two straight New Year's Six bowl games and to play the way we did down the stretch I thought said a lot about the character of our kids and coaches," coach Hugh Freeze said. "To start off the year with a win at Florida State, in Orlando, I guess would just continue the confidence that we have and validation that we are on the right track."

Ole Miss beat ranked LSU, Mississippi State and Oklahoma State teams to end the season. A win against the Seminoles, who went 10-3 in 2015, would make this the most impressive stretch of play in recent memory for the Rebels.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pig in the Pokey

I am going to be hate viewing this game and hopefully get to see an emotional and distraught Bucky Beaver post game.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

searkhogfan

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

redbarn

"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

Pigsknuckles

passinghog

Should be able to run right at Ole Miss.

On defense, FSU needs to mix up their coverages. Only way they can do that is to limit OM on 1st down so they can't go straight tempo.

That leg injury was gruesome

PLHawg

searkhogfan

Pigsknuckles

Boarcephus

Quote from: searkhogfan on September 05, 2016, 07:41:25 pm
Like they have the last 2yrs ?

Kelly ate us up last year.  Threw for almost 370 and 3 tds with a total offense of almost 600 yards.  Wish he'd turn pro last year cause that sob is good. Still not sure why he didn't. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 05, 2016, 07:49:57 pm
Kelly ate us up last year.  Threw for almost 370 and 3 tds with a total offense of almost 600 yards.  Wish he'd turn pro last year cause that sob is good. Still not sure why he didn't. 

I know this,  But we still won...

Boarcephus

ronmahony

Well I hope we change that 10 yard cushion before we play these guys or we are in trouble.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Boarcephus

I'm looking forward to the Ole Miss/Bama game.  Like them or not, Ole Miss is a good ball club. 

Pigsknuckles

September 05, 2016, 08:31:02 pm #17 Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 08:54:04 pm by Pigsknuckles
nm

HogFansReunited

Wow, this game isn't going like I expected. Ole Miss is making Florida St. look bad.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Rayzback

September 05, 2016, 08:47:27 pm #19 Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:20:48 pm by Rayzback
He had 3 wide open receivers in the same corner of the endzone ;)
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

ronmahony

Well I sure didn't figure ol miss would walk all over them. Just never have liked FSU much.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

hoglady

Kelly looks better than he was last year.
When you look at Bama and Ole Miss - we've got a lot of improving to do to compete with those 2.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

Rayzback

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Rayzback

Is Jameis asking where the crab legs are at... or signaling a catch.

passinghog

passinghog

We Need to find a kicker with the last name Aguayo and just sign him.

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

ronmahony

Quote from: Showtimehog on September 05, 2016, 09:27:55 pm
We Need to find a kicker with the last name Aguayo and just sign him.

Ain't that the truth? What is the deal with our kicking? Our first kick off and he pouched it, I just shook my head. But he did get one to right at the goal line. Remember back in the day we always had the best kickers, McClard, Young. I felt like that was at least part of the reason we went for it on the first fourth down. Didn't we get a number one kicker last year or the year before?

passinghog

Kelly makes too many mistakes to be considered elite...haha

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

passinghog

OM inability to run the ball to give their defense a rest. They're a one-trick pony. If they can't do tempo, they got nothing.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ronmahony

Oh man I can't believe Ol Miss, I wish they would score just to shut FSU up! That wowohwiw us driving me nutts. Seriously turning into a good game though. Be hard to beat that game last night. First time in my life I kinda pulled for Texas, course I wasn't pulling for them so much as Charlie.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Showtimehog on September 05, 2016, 09:45:33 pm
OM inability to run the ball to give their defense a rest. They're a one-trick pony. If they can't do tempo, they got nothing.

Up tempo great if you can get a couple 1st downs on every drive. Otherwise you use up your defense.

elksnort

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on September 05, 2016, 10:01:03 pm
Up tempo great if you can get a couple 1st downs on every drive. Otherwise you use up your defense.
totally agree
Too polarized.

ronmahony

I'll tell you one thing, that must have been one heck of a half-time speech.

jbcarol

Ole Miss faces questions after third-quarter collapse

QuoteORLANDO, Florida — There was a moment Monday when you could look into the future and it all seemed possible.

And then the third quarter happened.

There's no way, even if you were so inclined, to write around what had happened on Labor Day in the Camping World Kickoff. No. 12 Ole Miss built up a huge (28-6, to be exact) lead in damn impressive fashion against No. 4 Florida State. Then the Seminoles flipped the script, embarrassing the Rebels with a 30-0 run on their way to a 45-34 win.

This is, in some ways, just what Florida State does — six times since 2013 the Seminoles have trailed at halftime and six times they have won the game, ESPN noted at one point. That's now seven. They did it by taking every known weakness of this Ole Miss football team and using it against them.

Played like a team who has connections that are fond of prop bets.

jbcarol

TOP:

Antonio Morales ‏@AntonioCMorales 6h6 hours ago

Ole Miss had the ball for 17:21 tonight. Florida State ran 93 plays.

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

jbcarol

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 8h8 hours ago

Even Kentucky can't believe Ole Miss' 2nd half

Pulled(PP)pork

jbcarol

Dan Wolken Verified account
‏@DanWolken

A guy in an Ole Miss bucket hat punched a woman. Was just removed from the situation, police are swirling.

Bennett Hipp ‏@BennettHipp 10h10 hours ago

@DanWolken Dan Mullen has suspended him for one game.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/AntonioCMorales/status/773155103998173184

QuoteRunning back Eric Swinney was also injured during the game, leaving the team painfully thin at the position if Swinney is out for any extended period of time.

"I haven't heard the final (diagnosis) but neither one looked good," coach Hugh Freeze said.