Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IT feels Good!!!!!!!!!

Started by jaxhawgfan, February 23, 2014, 10:28:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jaxhawgfan

Gotta admit it feels good to be watching the Razorbacks turn the corner and HOPEFULLY are about to make us Proud Again.I know we are not anywhere near what we want to be which is a TOP5 PROGRAM
YEAR IN YEAR OUT.But it sure feels good to pay attention to games in February and look at a REALISTIC tourney hope for the first time in almost a Decade.And have the media saying WATCH OUT FOR THE HOGS TO CRASH THE PARTY to March Madness.WPS

sickboy

We went to the tourney in 2006, 2007 and 2008. Maybe you blacked out, but yeah...we're getting better. :)

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

We are headed in the right direction.

If we make the Tourney, I would not want to be a higher seeded team facing us.  I don't think we will do more than win a couple of games, but that will do wonders for us heading into next season.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

cardsNhogs

Quote from: jaxhawgfan on February 23, 2014, 10:28:14 pm
Gotta admit it feels good to be watching the Razorbacks turn the corner and HOPEFULLY are about to make us Proud Again.I know we are not anywhere near what we want to be which is a TOP5 PROGRAM
YEAR IN YEAR OUT.But it sure feels good to pay attention to games in February and look at a REALISTIC tourney hope for the first time in almost a Decade.And have the media saying WATCH OUT FOR THE HOGS TO CRASH THE PARTY to March Madness.WPS
I just wanna be a top 25 program year in year out. We need to win out these last 4 games or we gotta win SEC T to get in big dance IMO

three hog night

We have the guard rotation to succeed at the SEC tourney.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

code red

Turn the corner?  I don't see that..not yet.  Win out the regular season and I will say ok.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hawg IQ

Just think a call or two here or there in the two close games, we could be 9-5 and probably with just one more lost, would still be a shoo-in for ncaa's
go hogs go !

jaxhawgfan

Quote from: hawg IQ on February 26, 2014, 02:54:13 pm
Just think a call or two here or there in the two close games, we could be 9-5 and probably with just one more lost, would still be a shoo-in for ncaa's
I concur

Dirty

Quote from: code red on February 26, 2014, 02:46:58 pm
Turn the corner?  I don't see that..not yet.  Win out the regular season and I will say ok.

Do you not see any improvement?

micali

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 24, 2014, 08:47:00 am
I just wanna be a top 25 program year in year out. We need to win out these last 4 games or we gotta win SEC T to get in big dance IMO
What I've heard is if we go 3-1 and win two games in the Tourny we are in.  This was an ESPN annalist.

daprospecta

Quote from: micali on February 27, 2014, 07:13:09 am
What I've heard is if we go 3-1 and win two games in the Tourny we are in.  This was an ESPN annalist.
Which is doable.  With a loss tonight and the next two at home and on the road against a team who's season is over, it's doable.

Dirty

Hogs will be in some sort of post season play.  I hope it's the NCAA tourney, not NIT but I will take it!

code red

Quote from: Dirty on February 27, 2014, 06:52:53 am
Do you not see any improvement?
Scoring the ball...yes.  Pressure yes a little.  Defensive fundementals and physical style of play???  No.  We got to get players to be successful with this style. Making the NCAA is one thing....and I hope we do.  But, those games are going to be played in a phone booth....they always are.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

popcornhog

Are you from Forrest City by chance?
WPS

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 24, 2014, 08:47:00 am

Same here, getting the players we got back in the day was luck ?  I'm not sure.  Top 25 year in year out would be great.  We'd get on espn and the networks all the time.

If we do get some of those players cma is targeting for 2015-16, specifically king McClure, we could be top 5 for a while.

hawg IQ

Quote from: jaxhawgfan on February 27, 2014, 12:32:42 am
I concur
Thing about it is when this hog team plays under control and take good shots, they are pretty good.. defensively we play  pretty well for twenty-twenty five second and then sometimes give up an easy basket.
we are just not that far away from top twenty five caliber. when this team fights like the Home game against LSU for 40 minutes, they do alright.
go hogs go !

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: three hog night on February 24, 2014, 08:53:17 am
We have the guard rotation to succeed at the SEC tourney.
Hmmm. Not sure I agree with this. Kikko Haydar? Rickey Scott? Gulley has some pretty visible limitations, as does Wade. Ky is great, but can be unpredictable with decision-making when he drives.

I'd take a slightly-tired KY guard, FLA guard, or Missouri guard over a fresh Hog bench guard 100 times out of 100.

Just my opinion?

MtPorker

Dirty

Dirty