Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brats... God's gift to tailgating...

Started by Shag66, February 02, 2006, 12:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shag66

What is everyones opinion on the proper way to prepare Brats?

I have done beer boiled and regular but I am looking for the "ultimate" brat.

I also like kraut on mine.  But a good tip is to rinse the kraut in a collander to knock the edge off.

T-hawg

I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

Snort and Squeal

I like to boil them in beer, then brown them up on the grill with crushed red pepper and Montreal Steak seasoning.  I also cut up an onion and bell pepper and saute in butter, a little of the same seasonings, and a pinch of kosher salt.  The next part depends on your choice of bread and I like to switch them up a little.  Either a good hoggie or REAL BRAT Bun or Pita bread works well.  Put a shredded white cheese (Mozzarella, Provalone, etc.) in the bottom of the bread, then the brat, topped by the pepper and onion and damnnnnnnnnnnnn.  Probably want to start with the Pepcid again.
Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

T-hawg

Tell me how it turns out man! Just remember, don't poke and prod your brats. They love you!
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: thog on February 05, 2006, 12:43:35 pm
Tell me how it turns out man! Just remember, don't poke and prod your brats. They love you!

Got it!  Thank you sir!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07