Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Look to Virginia for your ray of hope.

Started by PossumFan, October 27, 2018, 08:00:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PossumFan

UVa is the other team I follow and root for. Bronco Mendenhall went 2-10 his first season (2016), the same record Morris is looking at, and fans were skeptical that a guy from the West who was used to having a bunch of 22- and 23-year-old Mormon kids on the roster could adapt. His eccentricities and his OC's play-calling didn't inspire much confidence either. Nevertheless, he got the Wahoos to six wins and back to a bowl in 2017. This season, the Hoos were picked dead last in the ACC Coastal after losing their top three defensive players and their QB, among others, to graduation. But here they are at 6-2, in sole possession of 1st place in the Coastal, with a top-25 defense. So ... if it can be done in Charlottesville, why not in Fayetteville? (Yes, I am aware of the difference between the SEC West and the ACC Coastal, but still ...) Like the old saying goes, it's always darkest before the dawn. WPS! And Wahoowah!

nwahogfan1

Good report. 

We might never be leading the West with so many Football powers on that side but I can see us winning 4 or 5 SEC games in 3 or 4 years if and only if we can get the players.   I like this recruiting class but we have to stack a few classes together plus develop.   Maybe Sabin will retire and the West can be wide open again.  Lots of things can happen in 3 years.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PossumFan on October 27, 2018, 08:00:18 pm
UVa is the other team I follow and root for. Bronco Mendenhall went 2-10 his first season (2016), the same record Morris is looking at, and fans were skeptical that a guy from the West who was used to having a bunch of 22- and 23-year-old Mormon kids on the roster could adapt. His eccentricities and his OC's play-calling didn't inspire much confidence either. Nevertheless, he got the Wahoos to six wins and back to a bowl in 2017. This season, the Hoos were picked dead last in the ACC Coastal after losing their top three defensive players and their QB, among others, to graduation. But here they are at 6-2, in sole possession of 1st place in the Coastal, with a top-25 defense. So ... if it can be done in Charlottesville, why not in Fayetteville? (Yes, I am aware of the difference between the SEC West and the ACC Coastal, but still ...) Like the old saying goes, it's always darkest before the dawn. WPS! And Wahoowah!

The wahoos haven't had to play anybody really good yet. Perhaps NcS so far has been their toughest opponent. If they get past VT and GT then I'll give them kudos.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 02, 2018, 06:34:55 am
The wahoos haven't had to play anybody really good yet. Perhaps NcS so far has been their toughest opponent. If they get past VT and GT then I'll give them kudos.
what's that saying, you can only play/beat who they put in front of you?  with that being said, we should probably wait on Alabama also, since they were supposed to have a really weak schedule this year.

PP