Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update: Rebels LT Laremy Tunsil scheduled to return Oct. 24 vs. A&M

Started by jbcarol, June 27, 2015, 05:28:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen 2h2 hours ago

Here's the full statement in one place from #OleMiss head coach Hugh Freeze on Laremy Tunsil.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Riley Blevins ‏@Riley_Blevins 2h2 hours ago

Quick post: Tunsil arrested after allegedly defending mother from step father http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/06/27/all-american-tunsil-arrested-after-allegedly-protecting-mother-from-step-dad/29397703/ ...

QuoteOle Miss All-American left tackle Laremy Tunsil was arrested Thursday night in Oxford on charges of domestic violence against his stepfather, coach Hugh Freeze confirmed on Saturday.

Tunsil turned himself into authorities, Freeze said, after he allegedly assaulted his stepfather, Lindsey Miller, in defense of his mother, Desiree Tunsil.

Freeze said that Laremy Tunsil and his mother have pressed charges against Miller.

An Oxford Police Department spokesperson could not confirm if Tunsil and his mother have indeed filed charges.

"Laremy realizes he could have handled it differently," Freeze said in a statement. "I am proud of him for standing up for his mother and protecting his family."

An Oxford Police Department spokesperson said Tunsil's arrest report would not be made available until Monday.

According to a report from ESPN, Tunsil was at his mother's home when the incident occurred. Miller shoved Tunsil's mother and in response Tunsil punched his stepfather, a source told Brett McMurphy.

"As we gather more facts, we will act and make a decision accordingly," Freeze said.

The 6-foot-5, 305-pound junior is one of the nation's top offensive linemen and is a likely top five pick in next year's NFL draft. ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper Jr. projected Tunsil as the second overall selection in his first "big board" for 2016.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 2h2 hours ago

Ole Miss LT Laremy Tunsil arrested for punching stepfather, but was defending mom http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13159375/ole-miss-tackle-laremy-tunsil-arrested-domestic-violence-punching-stepfather ...

QuoteAccording to Desiree Tunsil and Lindsey Miller's Facebook pages, the couple was engaged in 2012. They have been married less than a year, a source said.

JansterZ71

If the story is true then mad props to him and shouldn't get any punishment from Ole Miss
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

Theolesnort

If true............................. then Ole Miss should............................pin a medal on him.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

jbcarol

Riley Blevins ‏@Riley_Blevins 1h1 hour ago

Lindsey Miller, Tunsil's stepfather, tells the @clarionledger that he alleges Tunsil instigated the fight http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/06/27/all-american-tunsil-arrested-after-allegedly-protecting-mother-from-step-dad/29397703/ ...

QuoteMiller told The Clarion-Ledger that he denies the report and alleges the incident occurred after an argument with Tunsil on Thursday afternoon. Miller claims he never pushed Tunsil's mother and that Tunsil instigated the fight.

Miller also said Tunsil struck him six to seven times.

An Oxford Police Department spokesperson said Tunsil's arrest report would not be made available until Monday.

According to a report from ESPN, Tunsil was at his mother's home when the incident occurred. Miller shoved Tunsil's mother and in response Tunsil punched his stepfather, a source told Brett McMurphy.

"As we gather more facts, we will act and make a decision accordingly," Freeze said.

mizzouman

jackflash

DownTownHawg

jbcarol

Riley Blevins ‏@Riley_Blevins 11h11 hours ago

Update: Laremy Tunsil's stepfather, Lindsey, asked for and received a restraining order against Tunsil on Friday http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/06/27/all-american-tunsil-arrested-after-allegedly-protecting-mother-from-step-dad/29397703/ ...

QuoteOle Miss All-American left tackle Laremy Tunsil was arrested on charges of domestic violence against his stepfather following an incident that occurred Thursday night in Oxford, coach Hugh Freeze confirmed on Saturday.

Tunsil turned himself into authorities, Freeze said, after he allegedly assaulted his stepfather, Lindsey Miller, in defense of his mother, Desiree Tunsil...

Miller told The Clarion-Ledger that he denies the report and alleges the incident occurred after an argument with Tunsil on Thursday afternoon. Miller claims he never pushed Tunsil's mother and that Tunsil instigated the fight.

Miller claimed Tunsil struck him six to seven times.

Miller also asked for and received a restraining order against Tunsil, which was issued by Lafayette County judge Mickey Avent on Friday. The order includes Miller's two sons, Derek and Darius, as other persons to be protected.

jbcarol

Neal McCready ‏@NealMcCready 5h5 hours ago

Neal McCready retweeted Wool

This is the crap that ruins sports for me. Good news is it's also the crap that's going to get me off social media.

Wool ‏@Elitedawg34

Hilarious

jbcarol

Parrish Alford ‏@parrishalford 5h5 hours ago

A few Sunday morning thoughts on moving forward with #OleMiss and Laremy Tunsil. http://insideolemisssports.com/2015/06/28/moving-forward-and-whats-next-for-laremy-tunsil/ ...

QuoteI almost made it to the end of vacation without a law-and-order story popping up, but not quite.

I got back in town late in the week and began to hear rumors of Laremy Tunsil and some kind of family incident.

What is being reported and confirmed is that Tunsil punched his step-dad. ESPN, quoting a source, reported that Tunsil reacted after his step-dad shoved his mom.

Hugh Freeze, without getting into details, said Tunsil was "protecting his family" which confirms the ESPN report.

No one likes to see domestic violence, but after the dust has settled, and no loss of life or serious injury has been reported at this time, the next question from Ole Miss fans is how does this affect Tunsil moving forward?

Tunsil greatly affects Ole Miss football which many have ranked in the 11-15 range in the summer's guessing game.

Tunsil broke his leg and fractured his ankle in the Peach Bowl and hasn't updated his rehab on social media the way Laquon Treadwell – who sustained his injuries about two months earlier – has done.

I haven't heard much about Tunsil's comeback since the spring when he told us doctors told him they expected him to be running in June.

It doesn't sound like his injury kept him from taking a shot at someone he felt was threatening his mother...

If Tunsil was to miss the season opener that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. It would be one more week of conditioning for the leg, and the Rebels could probably handle the University of Tennessee (the Martin campus) without him.

Fresno State follows, and then it's a road trip to Alabama for the SEC opener in Week 3.

I don't expect Tunsil to be suspended, but we'll see.

Sometimes you look at a team and can identify a player that the team can't afford to lose.

You could make a case for Tunsil as that player for Ole Miss...

jbcarol

Chris Low ‏@ClowESPN 22h22 hours ago

Chris Low retweeted Brett McMurphy

I'm told this had been a situation that was brewing and that Tunsil was protecting his mother.

jbcarol

Freeze praises Tunsil for 'protecting his family'

QuoteTunsil, who is recovering from a broken leg but expected to be ready for August practice, has been named a first team preseason All-American by Phil Steele's College Football Preview.

A two-time All-SEC selection, Tunsil was named second team All-America by three different outlets in 2014.

Tunsil is one of a handful of juniors from Freeze's celebrated 2013 recruiting class who are expected to be first-round draft picks as underclassmen. ESPN's Todd McShay currently projects Tunsil as the fourth overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft.

In the spring Tunsil told local media he hopes to be the No. 1 pick.

"I just leave it in God's hands," he said. "When I get back out there I'll just have to show them who's going to be the first pick. I think that's everybody's goal. That's one of my goals, but I'm not thinking about that right now."

jbcarol

Riley Blevins ‏@Riley_Blevins 6h6 hours ago

Post will be updated throughout the day: What the @clarionledger has learned this morning about Tunsil's situation http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/06/29/laremy-tunsils-stepfather-has-filed-charges-after-fight/29465739/ ...

QuoteOXFORD – Laremy Tunsil's stepfather, Lindsey Miller, has pressed charges against the All-American offensive tackle.

Tunsil, who's projected to be a top five pick in next year's NFL draft, was arrested on charges of domestic violence after he allegedly assaulted Miller on Thursday in defense of his mother, Desiree Tunsil, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze said in a statement on Saturday.

Miller, who denies a report from ESPN that he was punched by Tunsil after pushing his mother, pressed charges of domestic violence against Tunsil on Friday, both Lafayette County Sheriff's Office and justice court officials confirmed to The Clarion-Ledger on Monday morning.

Freeze said Saturday that Tunsil and his mother have pressed charges against Miller, although Lafayette County Justice Court officials could not confirm as of Monday afternoon.

Miller has not been arrested as of Monday afternoon.

Tunsil was taken into custody by a sheriff's deputy and booked at the Lafayette County Detention Center on Friday at 2:15 p.m. He was released nearly an hour later by Al Williams Bail Bonding...

jbcarol

Update: Stepfather has been informed that Laremy Tunsil has pressed charges http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/06/29/laremy-tunsils-stepfather-has-filed-charges-after-fight/29465739/ ...

Tunsil's stepfather, Lindsey Miller, tells The @Clarionledger that he was informed by the sheirff's office that Tunsil has pressed charges

QuoteOXFORD -- Both parties have pressed charges following an incident that led to the arrest of Ole Miss All-American left tackle Laremy Tunsil as of Monday night.

Tunsil, who is projected to be a top five pick in next year's NFL draft, was arrested on charges of domestic violence after he allegedly assaulted his stepfather, Lindsey Miller, on Thursday in defense of his mother, Desiree Tunsil, coach Hugh Freeze said in a statement released Saturday.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

The_Hog_Father

I knew there would be more to the story when Hugh opened his thin lipped, pie hole.

This seems to have NOTHING to do with defending his Momma... Always wait for the smoke to clear guys.

Sounds like his Step Father was looking out for the kid... We shall see how this plays out.

Hopefully Our Team can keep steering clear of off field problems like this one, it could happen to any team.

Wooo Pig!!  :razorback:

jbcarol

Riley Blevins ‏@Riley_Blevins 3h3 hours ago

UPDATE: Laremy Tunsil post now includes a statement from Hugh Freeze http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/06/30/stepfather-alleges-tunsil-was-with-football-agents-night-of-arrest/29515415/ ...

QuoteOXFORD – Lindsey Miller, the stepfather of Ole Miss left tackle Laremy Tunsil, told Lafayette County Sheriff's Department deputies on Thursday night that he and Tunsil's mother were arguing about Tunsil "riding around with football agents" at the time of the incident that led to Tunsil's arrest, according to a police report obtained by The Clarion-Ledger on Tuesday morning...

"We are aware that Laremy and his family have met with potential agents, which is within his NCAA rights as a student-athlete," Freeze said in a statement to The Clarion-Ledger on Tuesday afternoon. "Regarding the altercation, we will continue to gather facts and cooperate with the proper authorities."

According to Miller's statements to Howell, Desiree Tunsil walked out of the house during the argument about Tunsil's alleged contact with agents when Laremy Tunsil entered.

Miller, 53, then claims he extended his hand to give Tunsil a handshake, but Tunsil allegedly shoved him against a wall and started hitting him.

Howell noted that he witnessed a picture in the home on the hallway floor and "another decoration" crooked on the wall.

According to the incident report, four other men were inside the home and pulled Tunsil off Miller.

Howell also questioned Miller's son, Derek. who was one of Miller's two sons included in a restraining order against Tunsil which was issued by a Lafayette County judge on Friday.

Derek Miller told the deputies that he recalled Desiree Tunsil and Lindsey Miller were "cussing" at each other when Laremy Tunsil entered the home and pushed his father against a wall.

Derek Miller said his father fell to the ground quickly, and Tunsil got on top of him and started hitting him.

jbcarol

Riley Blevins ‏@Riley_Blevins 12h12 hours ago

Laremy Tunsil and his stepfather are scheduled to appear in court on July 14, Lafayette Co. officials tell ESPN http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/06/30/stepfather-alleges-tunsil-was-with-football-agents-night-of-arrest/29515415/ ...

jbcarol

Riley Blevins ‏@Riley_Blevins 42m42 minutes ago

Tunsil's alleged ride with agents would be a violation, but likely wouldn't result in major punishment, school says http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/07/01/tunsils-alleged-ride-with-agents-is-violation-likely-not-major/29568679/ ...

QuoteOXFORD – Lindsey Miller, the stepfather of Ole Miss left tackle Laremy Tunsil, told Lafayette County Sheriff's Department deputies that Tunsil was "riding around with football agents" at the time of the incident that led to Tunsil's arrest.

The allegations would constitute an NCAA violation. But not a major one, an Ole Miss spokesperson told The Clarion-Ledger on Wednesday.

The spokesperson added that the school is still looking into Miller's allegations.

Tunsil, as Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze also pointed out in a statement, would be allowed to speak with certified NFL agents and still maintain his eligibility as long as he doesn't sign or accept any impermissible benefits.

Under NCAA bylaw 12.3, a student-athlete may not accept transportation from an agent. This also applies to the student-athlete's relatives or friends.

For example, an athlete could theoretically go to dinner with a certified agent under NCAA rules, as long as the athlete provided his own transportation and paid for his meal.

According to the police report, Miller told responding deputy Rudy Howell that Tunsil "and the agents" left the scene in a yellow convertible.

Should the allegations be true, the resulting punishment would not be severe, the spokesperson said. For example, Tunsil may be asked to pay back the cost of mileage.

The NCAA did not immediately respond to an inquiry from The Clarion-Ledger.

Ole Miss cited a case from 2010 as an example.

USC football player Dillon Baxter took a brief golf cart ride on campus with an agent. Baxter was suspended for one game and subsequently donated the assessed value of the ride -- which was $5 -- to charity.

Tunsil, who is projected to be a top five pick in next year's NFL draft, was arrested on charges of domestic violence on Thursday.

jbcarol

Parrish Alford ‏@parrishalford 10h10 hours ago

Here's what the NCAA has to say to its football players regarding agents. http://insideolemisssports.com/2015/07/01/the-ncaa-and-agents/ ... #OleMiss

QuoteYou will lose your eligibility IF:

1. You agree orally or in writing to be represented by an agent or any individual acting on behalf of the agent (e.g., runner).

2. You accept any benefits from an agent, a prospective agent or any individual acting on behalf of the agent (e.g., runner).

3. You participate in a tryout with a professional team that lasts longer than 48 hours, which you have not personally financed.

4. You tryout with a professional team during the academic year and miss class.

5. You enter the draft AND do not take the appropriate steps to withdraw and declare your intention to resume intercollegiate participation.

There's much more in the memo that says how the NCAA defines "agent" and what is allowable for NCAA football players who have an eye on a professional career:

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2014%2BDivision%2BI%2BNFL%2BEducational%2BMemo.pdf

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on July 01, 2015, 01:59:36 pm
Riley Blevins ‏@Riley_Blevins 42m42 minutes ago

Tunsil's alleged ride with agents would be a violation, but likely wouldn't result in major punishment, school says

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/07/01/tunsils-alleged-ride-with-agents-is-violation-likely-not-major/29568679/ ...

Yeah, no problem.  The agents were just giving him a ride to the bank...... ;)

jbcarol

Hugh Freeze ‏@CoachHughFreeze 5h5 hours ago

So thankful that I have some friends who care more about challenging me to grow than they do building up my self esteem. Truth in Love works

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Theolesnort

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 03, 2015, 06:28:40 pm
they goin down!!!
This is how it starts. Give the NCAA any reason to come to town and if they find anything then the investigation will widen out and the next thing you know they are everywhere all over things you had thought were buried deep. Ole Miss has to be sweating because they have things buried they don't want disturbed. But then now a days so do most SEC teams. This league is the best but also the slimiest and that is not a exaggeration.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

ricepig

Quote from: Theolesnort on July 03, 2015, 06:46:12 pm
This is how it starts. Give the NCAA any reason to come to town and if they find anything then the investigation will widen out and the next thing you know they are everywhere all over things you had thought were buried deep. Ole Miss has to be sweating because they have things buried they don't want disturbed. But then now a days so do most SEC teams. This league is the best but also the slimiest and that is not a exaggeration.
Probably put their swimming team on probation, if they have one.

Theolesnort

The NCAA is not Bill O'Reilly, fair and balanced. This is Ole Miss we are talking about not lily pure North Carolina which will receive a light sentence compared to the crime. Ole Miss needs to tremble because they are not a favored party like some others we know.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: ricepig on July 03, 2015, 04:58:50 pm

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2015/07/03/ncaa-investigating-ole-miss-questions-tunsils-stepfather/29676631/

Wow.....the NCAA got down there pretty quick.  Ole Miss may be in for some bad news before this is over.

When Tunsil punched his stepfather, he might have "punched" his eligibility at the same time....

Not smart to beat on people that know about your NCAA violations.....

jbcarol

jbcarol

Laremy Tunsil retweeted
Bertholomew Stare ‏@MiscBert 2h2 hours ago

@KingTunsil78 just sit out the year. we dont want u in oxford. u only play a quarter each game anyway.

jbcarol

Ole Miss finally acknowledges NCAA investigation regarding Laremy Tunsil

QuoteWhen the stepfather of Ole Miss offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil dropped an allegation the Rebel was associating with sports agents, Ole Miss responded swiftly. So did the NCAA. Now both are conducting investigations to determine if Tunsil acted in violation of NCAA rules regarding agents. Ole Miss issued a statement Monday afternoon to say it is a manner the program takes seriously.

"The University of Mississippi Department of Athletics is aware of the allegations made by Laremy Tunsil's stepfather regarding potential NCAA violations involving Laremy," the statement opened. "As we do with any allegation, we initiated an internal investigation last week and have offered the NCAA our full cooperation. We take the obligations to the NCAA and SEC very seriously, and we will continue to educate, monitor and enforce all applicable rules. Any other reports are speculation until the process is complete."

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on July 06, 2015, 03:21:25 pm

Ole Miss finally acknowledges NCAA investigation regarding Laremy Tunsil

Statement by Ole Miss:

"As we do with any & all allegations, we initiated our own internal coverup investigation, & as usual, could find no hard evidence of any violations." 

"Any reports of Tunsil being driven to the bank by agents, & seen entering with a large laundry sack of $100 bills, is completely false.  There was nothing larger than $20's in that sack.  Laremy earned that money by mowing lawns this summer.  Most of his customers tip very well, & tend to pay in cash."    :)

jbcarol

John Davis ‏@oxfordcitizenjd Jul 6

Tunsil family squabble has turned into a one-sided story, at least for now - Oxford Citizen http://oxfordcitizen.com/2015/07/06/tunsil-family-squabble-has-turned-into-a-one-sided-story-at-least-for-now/ ...

Quotet's been 10 days since we learned that Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil turned himself into the Lafayette County Detention Center to start legal proceedings stemming from an incident with his stepfather.

What happened in the Tunsil home on June 25 is still to be decided...

The only thing concrete is that Tunsil has been booked, and bonded out, and that his stepfather, Lindsey Miller, was also booked into the LCDC and bonded out. Both of them have to appear in court on Friday...

The narrative of the night in question has really only been provided by Miller in this case. It became very obvious that Miller is out to set fire to Tunsil, and his Ole Miss career, when he released the report from the Lafayette County Sheriff's Department. The sheriff's department had no intentions of making that information public, but Miller can give out any information he wants to, and to whoever he wants to.

Pictures of Miller's injured head have even surfaced. On TMZ.com of all places. When was the last time TMZ ever did any kind of coverage on Ole Miss? Heck, when was the first time? ...

jbcarol

Riley Blevins ‏@Riley_Blevins 11h11 hours ago

Background on Laremy Tunsil's stepdad: Lindsey Miller had prior domestic violence charge in 2002 dropped http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2015/07/08/tunsils-stepdad-previous-domestic-charge/29890863/ ...

QuoteOXFORD – The stepfather of Ole Miss All-American left tackle Laremy Tunsil, who is currently facing domestic violence charges in Lafayette County, had previously been arrested and charged with domestic assault in Florida in 2002 only to have those charges dropped weeks later...

In August 2002, according to a Jacksonville, Florida, Sheriff's Office arrest report obtained by The Clarion-Ledger on Wednesday, Miller was arrested following a disagreement with his now ex-wife, Adejumoke Miller.

The police report said the incident, which led to Lindsey Miller's arrest, started as a minor dispute that quickly escalated. Lindsey Miller allegedly slapped his wife, removed the phone cord from the wall and made a threat while holding a kitchen knife.

But the case was dropped by then-state attorney Doug Dorsey [not the Jameis Winston advocate] on Sept. 17, 2002...

Following the divorce, Lindsey Miller currently has custody of his sons...

jbcarol

Freeze remains 'confident' in Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss program amid accusations

QuoteFreeze remains supportive of Ole Miss left tackle Laremy Tunsil and his mother following a domestic dispute between Tunsil and his stepfather, Lindsey Miller, which led to multiple NCAA accusations being made against the university and its star offensive lineman.

Both parties were arrested for the June 25 incident and now face charges of assault and domestic violence.

"We obviously will cooperate fully, whether it's the NCAA process or the law enforcement process," said Freeze on Thursday during SEC Media Days, as he spoke of the incident publicly for the first time. "I'm very confident in the way we do things and what we can control.

"I'm very confident in the person that Laremy Tunsil is too, and we look forward to that coming to a conclusion at whatever time is appropriate."

If the 2015 season began on Thursday, Freeze said Tunsil would "absolutely" be on the field...

go hogues

Quote from: ricepig on August 01, 2015, 12:25:47 pm
Looks like Tunsil and his step father have come to some financial arrangement.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/01/ole-miss-ol-laremy-tunsil-and-stepfather-agree-to-drop-charges-against-each-other/
Right before fall camp too! How convenient!  ::) :puke:
Ole Miss suspended Tunsil from the team while the legal process played out, but head coach Hugh Freeze has seemed understanding of the situation from the jump and should be expected to find it appropriate to welcome Tunsil back to the program as quickly as possible.

That is, of course, as long as the NCAA investigation does not yield any rules violations. For that to happen, the NCAA will have to find incriminating evidence through testimony from witnesses. Miller would seem to be the first person the NCAA would wish to speak to, but now that he and Tunsil have agreed to drop charges who knows how cooperative he would want to be with the NCAA.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Rzbakfromwaybak

Lol.  Yep, amazing how many charges get dropped against football players, right before fall practice starts.  Seems like the legal process just works itself out.... about this time.

Same thing seems to be happening with the LSU players that were facing charges.  Maybe there is a secret deadline for charges being dropped, that we don't know about?  It must be around the 1st of August.   :)

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Quick story: Case involving Laremy Tunsil and his stepfather was dismissed this morning, as expected http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/olemisssports/2015/08/03/charges-against-tunsil-stepfather-officially-dropped/31049021/ ...

QuoteThe 6-foot-5, 305-pound Tunsil is one of the nation's top offensive linemen and is a likely top five pick in next year's NFL draft. ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper Jr. projected the junior as the second overall selection in his first "big board" for 2016.

Ole Miss reports for fall camp Wednesday with Tunsil still rehabbing a broken leg and dislocated ankle he suffered in December during Ole Miss' loss to TCU in the Peach Bowl.

Wildhog

Sounds like the stepfather was paid off to keep his mouth shut about recruiting infractions.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on August 03, 2015, 11:56:10 am
Sounds like the stepfather was paid off to keep his mouth shut about recruiting infractions.

Shocked I'm telling you, completely shocked!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Wildhog on August 03, 2015, 11:56:10 am

Yeah, ain't that a kick in the head. The stepdad is going to end up with the new vehicle.
;)

jbcarol

Riley Blevins ‏@Riley_Blevins 27m27 minutes ago

Freeze on Laremy Tunsil: He's going about his business in a great manner. I think he's healthy.

Freeze says nothing has changed with Tunsil, other than the case being dismissed.

NoNC4Tubs

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on August 06, 2015, 06:49:03 am

I guess the OM boosters negotiated a settlement between the two............. 8)

Yeah, they both get new vehicles.... :)