Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014-15 College Football Transfers Packed Bags and Rumors

Started by jbcarol, December 02, 2014, 06:25:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  4 hours ago
Devonte Fields, once kicked out of TCU after domestic violence charge, has committed to Louisville. RIP Charlie's 5 Core Values
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Wes Rucker @wesrucker247  ·  3 hours ago

QBs transferring away from #Vols experienced mixed bag of success: (FREE READ) http://bit.ly/18HP56I

QuoteNathan Peterman's reported commitment to Pittburgh over the weekend would make him at least the sixth quarterback to leave Tennessee's program in the past seven years.

History suggests Peterman — who graduated from Tennessee in December and would seem to be eligible to play immediately for the Panthers — isn't necessarily making a poor decision.

Let's look at the past five scholarship quarterbacks who left the Vols.

Riley Ferguson
[Parts] Unknown ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

loganlowery @loganlowery  ·  4 hours ago

Saw where former MSU player Xavier Grindle has committed to North Texas.

jbcarol

Michael Casagrande @ByCasagrande  ·  3 hours ago

Former top recruit Dee Liner announces he's transferring from Alabama. http://ow.ly/ImolP

QuoteWith a stacked depth chart returning and Dee Liner on the outside looking in, the former top recruit from Muscle Shoals will take his talent elsewhere...

Liner came to Alabama in 2013 as the No. 4 defensive tackle in the nation, according to 247Sports' composite of recruiting rankings. But with A'Shawn Robinson, Jonathan Allen, D.J. Pettway and Jarran Reed returning, there isn't much room in the crowded Alabama defensive line.

Liner becomes the second former top recruit from the 2013 signing class to transfer since the season ended. Running back Altee Tenpenny announced his departure in January.

Saban burned Liner's redshirt playing him in one game his freshman season.

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  5 hours ago

Josh Clemons is transferring

Jr. RB from Fayetteville, GA

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  2 hours ago

Stoops declines to comment on whether transfers Courtney Love or Greg Hart will be eligible to play in 2015.

Could leave a hole in the '15 roster.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  3 hours ago

Former 4-star DL Gerald Willis III transferring to #Miami http://s.al.com/w82CqKj  #ACC

jbcarol

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  20 hours ago

Former Houston QB RT @JohnOKorn: Can't wait to play for @CoachJim4UM @CoachJeddFisch in the BIG HOUSE!

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  2 hours ago

Cal S Avery Sebastian transferring to play for Notre Dame in 2015. Had 6 career starts at Cal

jbcarol

GoGamecocks.com @gogamecocks  ·  50 minutes ago

Defensive lineman Blake McClain 10th USC player to transfer http://scne.ws/8cqtcN  #gg

jbcarol

Dustin Dopirak @TennesseeBeat  ·  23 hours ago

Just spoke to Vic Wharton. He confirmed the report that he's transferring and said that he's already taken an official visit to California.

He said he has a visit scheduled to North Carolina this weekend and that he will also visit Utah but hasn't scheduled that yet.

Don't know if I pointed this out before, but since I've been asked, Wharton declined to explain the reasons for his transfer.

jbcarol

Ex-UK QB Maxwell Smith may have early lead for SDSU starting job

QuoteIt hasn't taken Maxwell Smith very long to make a name for himself at his new workplace.

In January of this year, it was confirmed that the quarterback would be transferring from Kentucky to San Diego State to finish out his playing career.  The grad transfer left the Wildcats in search of a place where he could contend for a starting job, and it appears he he may have just picked the right spot.

While the Aztecs have used just three of their allotted 15 spring practice sessions, the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that Smith has seemingly distanced himself from the other five competitors for the the starting spot.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  ·  22 minutes ago

SOURCE: #Iowa QB Jake Rudock (16 TDs-5 INTs last year) is transferring, plans on visiting #Michigan next week: http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/iowa-qb-jake-rudock-transferring-will-visit-michigan-next-week-source-031115 ...

As a grad, is eligible now

jbcarol

Thomas Murphy @TomMurphyADG  ·  51 minutes ago
Bielema has removed WR Kendrick Edwards from the program and he can talk to a couple of other schools. Not a talent-based decision

grayhawg

Quote from: jbcarol on March 18, 2015, 01:00:39 pm
Thomas Murphy @TomMurphyADG  ·  51 minutes ago
Bielema has removed WR Kendrick Edwards from the program and he can talk to a couple of other schools. Not a talent-based decision
Ouch!

jbcarol

Wes Rucker @wesrucker247  ·  3h 3 hours ago

Former #Vols wideout. RT @UofLFootball: Please note: WR #1 Paul Harris has legally changed his name to Alphonso Carter.

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN  ·  15m 15 minutes ago

UNLV's Dantley Walker is transferring.

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  2h 2 hours ago

USF sophomore QB Mike White, who started 15 games 1st 2 years, given release to transfer from USF

jbcarol

Matt Zenitz @mzenitz  ·  19h 19 hours ago
Ex-Alabama defensive lineman Dee Liner transferring to Sun Belt Conference school http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/04/ex-alabama_defensive_lineman_d.html ...

jbcarol

SportsTalk @sportstalksc  ·  Apr 3
Nosovitch will transfer http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Bolt/Nosovitch-will-transfer-36583667 ... via @247Sports

QuoteQuarterback Brendan Nosovitch plans to transfer from South Carolina. Nosovitch, who will graduate this summer, will look to continue his football career at another program.

Nosovitch initially planned to transfer last fall but, after meeting with head coach Steve Spurrier, decided to stay at South Carolina in another role as a tight end. This spring, Nosovitch moved back to quarterback but the move wasn't working out.

Nosovitch scored one touchdown at South Carolina, which came against Arkansas in 2013. He was a four-star prospect out of high school...

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on April 04, 2015, 08:56:04 am
Matt Zenitz @mzenitz  ·  19h 19 hours ago
Ex-Alabama defensive lineman Dee Liner transferring to Sun Belt Conference school http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/04/ex-alabama_defensive_lineman_d.html ...

He'll wind up at awbern next year.......... 8)

jbcarol

Tom Green @AUBlog  ·  18h 18 hours ago

Ole Miss transfer Austin Golson making most of move to center http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/article_10d3ccf6-e16d-11e4-b3cd-4f07d30a5207.html ...

Austin Golson enjoys being in control.

It's why the Ole Miss transfer's move from tackle to center has been an enjoyable one this spring.

"I got control of the O-line now and I kind of like that and just being able to know what's going on every play," Golson said Saturday following Auburn's second scrimmage of the spring. "It takes a lot of effort and studying film to get good at it, but I've enjoyed it very much."

Not bad considering it's a move he hardly expected when he transferred to Auburn last May as a walk-on. Golson, who started 12 games in 2013 for the Rebels, played at both guard and tackle during his freshman season at Ole Miss, where he helped pave the way for an offense that produced the most yardage (6,153) in school history.

But after redshirting last season, coaches approached Golson during the Tigers' preparation for the Outback Bowl and asked if he would be willing to make the move to center. He embraced the request with an open mind, repping at the position during the team's bowl practices in Auburn before the Tigers left for Tampa, Fla., in late December.

"I guess they liked what they saw maybe and kind of went from there, and I haven't looked back yet," Golson said.

jbcarol

Riley Blevins @Riley_Blevins  ·  23h 23 hours ago

Report: QB turned DB Kendrick Doss transferring from Ole Miss http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/04/17/report-former-ole-miss-qb-kendrick-doss-transferring/25954721/ ...

QuoteKendrick Doss wasn't going to get the chance to play quarterback at Ole Miss, so he'll be playing football elsewhere next fall.

The redshirt freshman plans to transfer to Northeast Community College, sources confirmed to The Clarion-Ledger.

Doss was moved from quarterback to safety midway through spring camp.

"Great kid. We try to be as straight forward with the kids (as we can)," Freeze said during spring. "We just didn't think the future of quarterback for him here looked very promising."

jbcarol

Florida transfer Gerald Willis seeking 'run-off' waiver for immediate eligibility at Miami

QuoteA month after it was confirmed he he would be "transferring" from Florida, Miami announced in February that Gerald Willis would be transferring into the Hurricanes football program.  Normally a player in Willis' situation would be forced to sit out the 2015 season to satisfy NCAA transfer bylaws.

While that will very likely be the case with Willis, he's giving immediate eligibility, Dorial Green-Beckham-style, the old college try.

Willis claims that he was actually dismissed by new UF head coach Jim McElwain.  The defensive lineman also confirmed that he has applied for a so-called "run-off" waiver with the NCAA.

jbcarol

On the SEC Network's Finebaum Show, the host stated that a source told him there's a "chance" Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller could end up at Alabama.

QuoteAt a Crimson Caravan event Tuesday evening, Tide head coach Nick Saban addressed the hours-old rumor.

"I'm not really allowed to talk about any other players on any other team," he told BamaOnLine.com. I know nothing about any such rumors. I don't even know who you're talking about."

When pressed, Saban would not fully commit to never accepting a graduate transfer under any circumstances...

jbcarol

Matt Zenitz @mzenitz  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Braxton Miller's close friend, Trey DePriest, addresses Miller's visits to Alabama http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/04/braxton_millers_close_friend_t.html ...

jbcarol

Former USC linebacker Marcquis Roberts will transfer to Kansas

QuoteRoberts in February announced his decision to transfer from South Carolina for his senior season. As a graduate, he will be eligible to play right away with the Jayhawks.

"Thank you to all the schools that wanted me to join their school," Roberts said Monday on his Facebook page. "It feels like a 2nd chance. I will be playing football and working towards my master's at Kansas University. Blessed beyond belief."

The 6-foot-1, 216-pound Roberts played in all 13 games in 2014 as a redshirt sophomore, recording 31 tackles and breaking up two passes. He made six starts.

Roberts redshirted twice at USC and has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Two to play two

jbcarol

Jim Kleinpeter @JimKleinpeter  ·  3h 3 hours ago

Story: #LSU DT Mickey Johnson transferring to Louisiana Tech @tigerdroppings, @lsufball, @dandydonlsu http://s.nola.com/82iLzFX  via @nolanews

NoNC4Tubs

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN  ·  31m 31 minutes ago

South Carolina's Reggie Theus Jr., Demetrius Henry and Shamiek Sheppard will all transfer, school announces.

jbcarol

Malik Rucker confirmed to the Quad City Times that he has decided to transfer out of Kirk Ferentz's Iowa football program.  The move, the Times notes, comes after the defensive back was unable to crack the spring two-deep depth chart.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/05/malik-rucker-to-transfer-from-iowa-in-search-of-a-better-fit

jbcarol

Austin, Texas offensive lineman Darius James is leaving the Longhorns.

Brian Davis
✔ @BDavisAAS

Texas OL Darius James tells me he's been given a release and will be transferring elsewhere. "Yes sir," he said. Was a 5-star recruit.
8:32 PM - 5 May 2015

QuoteA native of Killeen, Texas, James was rated the No. 1 guard and No. 65 overall player in the 2013 class by Rivals.com.

He missed the bulk of November and the Longhorns' Texas Bowl loss to Arkansas after suffering a season-ending knee injury.

An expected starter in 2015, James missed spring ball rehabbing his knee. Head coach Charlie Strong also said he "had some work to do academically."

jbcarol

Chris Low @ClowESPN  ·  16h 16 hours ago

It's the free agency season in college football.

jbcarol

Wesley Sinor @WesleySinor  ·  22h 22 hours ago
Ohio State cornerback Jamel Dean says he's transferring to Auburn | http://ow.ly/MHH1G 

QuoteI'm very excited for Jamel," Dean's head coach, John Wilkinson told AL.com. "He's  getting to go to a great place. Coach (Gus) Malzahn is an unbeilevable coach and we have good relationship with Coach (Will) Muschamp and Travaris Robinson. He was one of first people I contacted to gauge interest."

Dean didn't leave Ohio State on the best terms. Wilkinson told Cleveland.com last month his former player was being pushed off the team with a medial hardship to clear up space.

"They're saying they're going to honor his scholarship, but honoring his scholarship doesn't allow him to play the game he loves to play," Wilkinson said. "It's all ridiculous and I don't appreciate them treating my kid this way. I'm sticking up for my kid. He was committed to them, but yet they're not fully committed to him."

Buckeyes head coach Urban Meyer later said he felt his staff handled the situation correctly.

"This isn't 10 years ago where I heard stories where coaches would say, 'No, no, he's going to be OK,'" Meyer said. "Once this all came up, I went through A to Z, and our guys not only did good, they did great."

Dean has since been cleared by Dr. James Andrews and is set to arrive on the Plains May 24. He has four years of eligibility remaining.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on January 10, 2015, 10:33:44 am
Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdi  ·  2 hours ago
Jeff Driskel moves on to Louisiana Tech | http://bit.ly/1I4S7OK  via @Gator_sports

Jake McGee @JakeOvaTheWorld  ·  May 7

so la tech sends back their basketball coach as the player to be named later in the Jeff Driskel trade

jbcarol

Matt Zenitz @mzenitz  ·  35m 35 minutes ago
Ex-Alabama and Winston-Salem State QB Phillip Sims told me he has been signed by the Cardinals following a successful rookie camp tryout

jbcarol

Matt Zenitz @mzenitz  ·  9h 9 hours ago

Ex-Alabama RB Dee Hart impresses during tryout with Dolphins http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/05/ex-alabama_rb_dee_hart_impress.html ...

jbcarol

Richard Davenport @ArRecruitingGuy  ·  12h 12 hours ago

Former Little Rock Christian RB Michael Dyer has signed a free agent contract with the Oakland Raiders.

jbcarol

Gatorsports.com @Gator_sports  ·  23h 23 hours ago

Vanderbilt QB Grady transfers to Florida http://bit.ly/1KSKtHP

QuoteFlorida coach Jim McElwain has been outspoken about needing depth at the quarterback position, and his call for help was answered this week.

Vanderbilt graduate transfer Josh Grady enrolled at UF for the Summer A semester and will use his final year of eligibility with the Gators in 2015.

The 6-foot, 202-pounder played both quarterback and wide receiver in three seasons with the Commodores.

Grady is expected to play QB for Florida and would give McElwain three scholarship players at the position following the transfer of Skyler Mornhinweg to Columbia.

jbcarol

Rather abruptly, depth in the secondary has become more than a mild concern for Gus Malzahn and his defensive staff.

QuoteFriday we noted that defensive back Kamryn Melton took to Twitter to announce that he has decided to transfer from The Plains.  He's not the only one as, in addition to Melton, Malzahn confirmed that Derrick Moncrief and Joe Turner are exiting his football program as well.

Both those two players are, naturally, defensive backs.

"Kamryn, Derrick and Joe have decided to transfer and purse (sic) playing opportunities elsewhere," the head coach said in a statement. "We thank them for their time at Auburn and wish them well in the future."

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on May 16, 2015, 03:09:55 pm
Gatorsports.com @Gator_sports  ·  23h 23 hours ago

Vanderbilt QB Grady transfers to Florida http://bit.ly/1KSKtHP

Joshua Grady @iAmJWJGx7  ·  May 15

Blessed & Humbled To Announce That The SEC Has Cleared My Transfer To The University Of Florida & I Will Be Eligible This Fall #ChompChomp 🐊

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  23h 23 hours ago

Virginia junior QB Greyson Lambert, who started 9 games last year, is transferring from UVa

Ex-Virginia QB Greyson Lambert will have 2 years eligibility; can't transfer to ACC school or any UVa 2015-16 opponent

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  2h 2 hours ago

Auburn reportedly lands 5-star transfer from Texas http://ow.ly/N3DmU

QuoteFormer five-star offensive lineman Darius James, an injured player at Texas, is expected to transfer to Auburn after visiting Gus Malzahn this weekend, according to 247Sports.

James (6-5, 304 pounds) started two games in 2014, but injured his knee in November. He will have to sit out a season at Auburn due to NCAA transfer rules.

James was a five-star prospect out of Harker Heights...