Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014-15 College Football Transfers Packed Bags and Rumors

Started by jbcarol, December 02, 2014, 06:25:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Another day, another departure of a Georgia defensive back who was a member of the 2013 signing class.

Sophomore J.J. Green has elected to transfer, the team announced on Tuesday afternoon, less than 24 hours after Brendan Langley's decision to leave was revealed.

Quote"J.J. and I talked a couple of times and he wanted the opportunity to be an offensive player," Richt said in a statement...

The transfers of Green and Langley (who also started one game this year) leave just five scholarship defensive backs on next year's projected roster who preceded Jeremy Pruitt. They are Quincy Mauger, Tramel Terry, Reggie Wilkerson, Kennar Daniels-Johnson and Devin Bowman.

Green is also the 11th member of the 2013 recruiting class, which numbered 33 in all, to leave the team.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

For the record:

Robbie Neiswanger @NWARobbie  ·  3 hours ago

Bielema said Grady Ollison, Will Hines and Korliss Marshall are looking for transfer opportunities and won't be with team for bowl work
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Migos

Korliss Marshal really upsets me. So much talent... Best of luck to him and the rest of the boys leaving anyways.

NoNC4Tubs

jbcarol

Tom Fornelli @TomFornelli  ·  14 hours ago
Man, both Braxton Miller and JT Barrett are gonna have to transfer now.

Tongue just a little bit in cheek.

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  2 hours ago
Richt does say that J.J. Green has received a full release, including to Georgia Tech if he so chooses. (And Tech wants him.)

NoNC4Tubs

awbern wants to see his police record before offering....... 8)

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  44 minutes ago

KSR has learned that LB Courtney Love and TE Greg Hart will both transfer from Nebraska to Kentucky

jbcarol

Drew Champlin @DrewChamplin  ·  38 minutes ago

Former Alabama running back Alvin Kamara signs with Tennessee http://ow.ly/G3vay

jbcarol

GoGamecocks.com @gogamecocks  ·  17 hours ago

Gerald Turner set to transfer from USC http://scne.ws/7rMnW1  #gg

QuoteRedshirt freshman Gerald Turner, a reserve fullback from Goose Creek, has left the team.

Turner was redshirted last season and converted from defensive end to fullback this spring.

Turner told GoGamecocks he is leaving in search of more playing time.

"I'm going to step down a level so I don't have to sit out another year," he said.

jbcarol

jbcarol

loganlowery @loganlowery  ·  27 minutes ago
Former MSU transfer Dre Applewhite is on the move again. He's transferring from Toledo - http://www.toledoblade.com/UT/2014/12/20/Sophomore-Applewhite-transferring-from-Rockets.html ...

jbcarol

Matt Porter @mattyports  ·  17 hours ago
Spurrier announces Shaq Roland no longer with South Carolina

SportsTalk @sportstalksc  ·  11 hours ago
We're told tonight former USC WR Shaq Roland is looking to transfer to a Division 2 program out of state.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger @DellengerAdv  ·  13 hours ago

Report tonight on Miller-#LSU RT @Schultz_Report: On Braxton Miller transfer rumor, I'm hearing it's between Oregon and LSU.

jbcarol

Update from Brett McMurphy:

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  34 minutes ago
Meyer: "I've had conversations w/Braxton (Miller). I expect him to be back at Ohio State"

jbcarol

Joe Schad @schadjoe  ·  7 hours ago
Indiana announces it landed former UAB RB Jordan Howard (1,587 yards in '14)

jbcarol

Jordan McPherson @J_McPherson1126  ·  31 minutes ago
#Gators quarterback Jeff Driskel asks for release, plans to transfer. Via @orlandosentinel
http://bit.ly/1BsTJOD

jbcarol

Stephen Hargis @StephenHargis  ·  6 hours ago
Drae Bowles has officially transferred from Tennessee to UTC. The 6-ft, 206 former 4* WR officially enrolled at UTC this afternoon #tfpUTC

jbcarol

Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  11 hours ago
Makes sense. RT @Riley_Mc: RT @TheAuburner: Two headlines, same dude.

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  19 hours ago

Vinny Testaverde's son, Vincent, a QB, will transfer from Texas Tech to Miami @ByTimReynolds reports

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  ·  21 hours ago

#LaTech's Skip Holtz on Jeff Driskel: "He has received several accolades throughout his career and I am excited he is joining the program."

jbcarol

jbcarol

Report that former starting QB Maxwell Smith (the1?) is transferring from UK.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  · 5 hours ago
Am told that John O'Korn is considering #Texas & #UF among his transfer options. He threw 34 TDs, 18 INTs in 2 yrs at #Houston.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdi  ·  2 hours ago
Jeff Driskel moves on to Louisiana Tech | http://bit.ly/1I4S7OK  via @Gator_sports

jbcarol

Riley Blevins @Riley_Blevins  ·  Jan 9
Ole Miss is losing another RB to transfer. There's this guy named Darrell Henderson, Ole Miss, perhaps give him acall http://bit.ly/1AV7Td1

QuoteOle Miss' crowded backfield is quickly thinning out.

I'Tavius Mathers told his hometown newspaper, the Murfreesboro Daily Journal, that he is transferring from Ole Miss for his senior season in 2015.

Mathers did not explain the decision, but it's not difficult to imagine it being related to his own playing time...

Ole Miss has also lost Mark Dodson to transfer this week. Dodson is expected to sign with Memphis, while Mathers' next destination remains unknown. He does have a redshirt year available, but with only one year of eligibility remaining may look for an FCS school where he could play immediately...

jbcarol

I'Tavius Mathers @I_Train5  ·  3 hours ago

I am officially an Blue Raider!!! It's great to come home and play ball for my community. I get to...
http://instagram.com/p/x4oQwvyigM/

jbcarol

Miss. St. joins chase for transferring Wake lineman

Cory Helms announced on Twitter that he has been offered a scholarship by Mississippi State.  Additionally, Helms will visit Starkville this weekend, beginning Friday and running through Saturday.

QuoteHelms has also been offered scholarships by Penn State, South Carolina and Texas A&M.  His visit after the Bulldogs will be to the Aggies on the 18th of this month, followed by trips to meet the coaching staffs of the Gamecocks (Jan. 23) and the Nittany Lions (Jan. 30).

"It is kinda like picking out a Victoria Secret's model," said Helms...

He has three to play two.

jbcarol

Chip Brown @ChipBrownHD  ·  6 hours ago
OT Desmond Harrison is third #Texas player with eligibility who won't be returning for the #Longhorns in 2015

+

HornsDigest @HornsDigest  ·  2 hours ago
...Louis Brown's Decommitment from the #Longhorns

Justin Hokanson @JHokanson  ·  3 hours ago
That's odd. RT @247Sports: 4-star decommits from #Longhorns while on official visit to #Texas

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  4 hours ago
QB Stephen Rivers looking to transfer again after one season at Vanderbilt | http://ow.ly/HwCQ3

jbcarol

Altee Tenpenny retweeted
L.Joshua Frazier @JoshuaFrazier99  ·  4 hours ago
S/O to my boy @Boobie_Miles_22 hoping u do big things and find your path to success. Stay focused #ArkansasRaised

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  47 minutes ago
Altee Tenpenny said he'd be 'making my legacy' at Alabama 3 weeks before leaving. http://ow.ly/HyJv3

Steef

jbcarol

Chris Jung @ChrisJungKNE  ·  3 hours ago
Dixie Heights High School grad & former Auburn Tiger/Louisville Cardinal Zeke Pike (@Zeke_P_) has joined the football team at Murray State.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on January 19, 2015, 09:36:04 pm
Chris Jung @ChrisJungKNE  ·  3 hours ago
Dixie Heights High School grad & former Auburn Tiger/Louisville Cardinal Zeke Pike (@Zeke_P_) has joined the football team at Murray State.

Wow!

What's the record for number of schools to be kicked out of for being a punk? (He's got to be in the hunt for that record.)  8)

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  ·  23 hours ago

Adam Schulz, who started 3 games at QB for #Utah in 2013, joins Tom Herman's program at #Houston & is immediately eligible

jbcarol

Justin Hokanson @JHokanson  ·  50 minutes ago

I've confirmed that Auburn LB Khari Harding is transferring to Tulsa, per his father ...

jbcarol

Michael Carvell @Carvell_AJC  ·  2 hours ago

Never saw that as landing spot RT @WesMitchellGC Former Georgia DB/WR Brendan Langley is transferring to Lamar University.

jbcarol

GoGamecocks.com @gogamecocks  ·  17 hours ago
Updated: Shaq Roland to conclude career at Prairie View A&M http://scne.ws/8CjcY3

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  2 hours ago

Was at JuCo last year RT @max_olson: Ex-TCU DE Devonte Fields visiting Louisville this weekend. Cards in lead for former Big 12 DPOY

jbcarol

Cory Helms @CoryHelms7251  ·  19 hours ago

Officially decided to join #GameCockNation and finish my football career with @GamecockFB 🐓🐔blessed to be in the #SEC

GoGamecocks.com @gogamecocks  ·  19 hours ago

Wake Forest OL transfer Cory Helms commits to USC - could he play right away? http://www.gogamecocks.com/2015/01/25/673338/helms-says-hes-ready-to-join-gamecocks.html ...

jbcarol

Ryan Callahan @RyanCallahan247  ·  16 hours ago

Per @TomLoy247, #Vols QB Nathan Peterman is transferring to Pittsburgh: http://notredame.247sports.com/Bolt/BREAKING-Peterman-To-Transfer-To-Pitt-35241185 ... @wesrucker247