Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aircraft and flight time?

Started by AR_dustoff, October 04, 2011, 04:14:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Razorback

Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

rnclittlerock

50-60 in 172s and 152s.

private check ride in the next few weeks, been slacking too long cause it's just fun to putter around central AR solo without having to study anything, lol, i started almost a year ago.

Hankweb

Thanks so much for the welcome! Great forum....found you guys after reading but not joining for a couple of years. Mostly Monday Morning QB until the "anti"/negative sentiment finally wore me out and  I finally checked what else was on the board, found you guys, and joined.
Love flying and love having a place to talk about flying related stuff.

GusMcRae

Quote from: Hankweb on October 30, 2012, 09:20:55 am
Thanks so much for the welcome! Great forum....found you guys after reading but not joining for a couple of years. Mostly Monday Morning QB until the "anti"/negative sentiment finally wore me out and  I finally checked what else was on the board, found you guys, and joined.
Love flying and love having a place to talk about flying related stuff.

Maybe you mentioned it elsewhere, if so I missed it, but it looks to me like the A36 Bo is what you fly now. Is this correct?  If not, what do you have now?
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

Hankweb

Yes. The A36 for almost 6 years. Actually in the process of selling half of it.

gotyacovered

Quote from: Hankweb on October 29, 2012, 01:11:26 pm
About 15 hrs instruction Pilatus PC 12

uh.

jealous.

nice to have you around.
You are what you tolerate.

gotyacovered

Quote from: gotyacovered on October 26, 2012, 12:51:34 pm
my updated times:

C182 - 222hrs
C172 - 3hrs
C152 - 3hrs
FBA3 - 1hr
F33A - 1.5hrs
BE58 - 3hrs

GusMcRae

Quote from: GusMcRae on October 26, 2012, 12:36:22 pm
Update:
Busted 300 total yesterday.

Began in May 2011 with zero hours, obtained PP on 10-19-2011. 
Planes:
Cessna 150 - around 75 hrs or so 
Cessna 210 - only an hour or so
1967 Navion Rangemaster - only an hour or so
Cessna 172 - Couple of hours
Mooney M20A - only an hour or so
Piper Cherokee 180 -less than an hour
Citabria - 3 hours
1967 Cessna 182K - My primary airplane, the balance of my total time (~220 or so) is in this and a couple of other 182s

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

RNC

About to roll over 100, doesn't add up to a lot in almost two years but seems like a lot starting from scratch, up till now.

I could see another 100 before year's end assuming I escape first annual and prop overhaul with my wallet intact....

Had to drive to DFW last week since the prop didn't get done in time.  For shame!

Blue35

Started flying in the CAP in the fifties, L16. US Army Flight School in 1966, 3500+ rotary wing with 1800 in RVN, UH-1, C, H, OH6A, AHIG, Cobra transition at Hunter AAF in about 1970.  After military flew offshore in Gulf, Bell 205, 414, Bolkow, S76. 3500+.

The only thing I fly now is a CP210, go to NOLA about twice a year, 2+15 from here and in August, wife makes me take her to Revelstoke, BC.

Once flying is in your blood you never get it out. I certainly miss flying the helicopter, especially the gun ships.  Finest aviators I ever saw were the gunship pilots I flew with in Nam.

Pistol Pete

Quote from: Blue35 on April 23, 2013, 09:59:48 pm
Started flying in the CAP in the fifties, L16. US Army Flight School in 1966, 3500+ rotary wing with 1800 in RVN, UH-1, C, H, OH6A, AHIG, Cobra transition at Hunter AAF in about 1970.  After military flew offshore in Gulf, Bell 205, 414, Bolkow, S76. 3500+.

The only thing I fly now is a CP210, go to NOLA about twice a year, 2+15 from here and in August, wife makes me take her to Revelstoke, BC.

Once flying is in your blood you never get it out. I certainly miss flying the helicopter, especially the gun ships.  Finest aviators I ever saw were the gunship pilots I flew with in Nam.

We don't allow rookies on here!

Just kidding, I just went past 100 hours in Cessnas. about 40 in a C150, and a little over 60 in a C172.

Welcome!!!

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Pistol Pete on April 23, 2013, 10:30:27 pm
We don't allow rookies on here!

Just kidding, I just went past 100 hours in Cessnas. about 40 in a C150, and a little over 60 in a C172.

Welcome!!!

Flying is flying.  Still one of the best things you can do in your life and one of the greatest accomplishments of man.

gotyacovered

Quote from: Blue35 on April 23, 2013, 09:59:48 pm

welcome!!!

what year is your 210? i assume the P=pressurized, so its turbo? my cousin has a T210M (1979) i think and i got to play around in it over the weekend. what a traveling machine.

there are a couple of us that reugalarly talk about 182-->206-->210 comparisons, hope you chime in!

i have a client that is (hopefully) about to get in the helo business (Hughes 269C) and has promised me a ride. ive never been in one.

again... welcome--cant wait to hear some of your stories.

Pistol Pete

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on April 24, 2013, 09:52:43 am
Flying is flying.  Still one of the best things you can do in your life and one of the greatest accomplishments of man.

I agree!!! His list made me feel highly inferior! Maybe I can catch up a little...

Blue35

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on April 24, 2013, 09:52:43 am
Absolutely, I would not trade my time in aviation for a Million dollars. I made about $500 per month flying the gunship in 68 and would have done it for free.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Blue35 on May 06, 2013, 07:27:59 pm
Absolutely, I would not trade my time in aviation for a Million dollars. I made about $500 per month flying the gunship in 68 and would have done it for free.

I'm glad I make more flying gunships today.....

J/k.  Good on ya.  You paved the way for whippersnappers such as myself.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Blue35

Quote from: gotyacovered on April 24, 2013, 10:03:20 am
welcome!!!

what year is your 210? i assume the P=pressurized, so its turbo? my cousin has a T210M (1979) i think and i got to play around in it over the weekend. what a traveling machine.

there are a couple of us that reugalarly talk about 182-->206-->210 comparisons, hope you chime in!

i have a client that is (hopefully) about to get in the helo business (Hughes 269C) and has promised me a ride. ive never been in one.

again... welcome--cant wait to hear some of your stories.
Be careful in that helicopter. You can get in trouble real quick. They were known as TH55 in Army flight school and killed a couple of students at Fort Wolters, TX. My class flew the slower H-23.

Hughes made a great helicopter in the Hughes 500 known as the Cayuse, OH6-A, Loach. We took a carrier load of them to Qui Nhon in 67.

OldCoot

A big thanks to all you military guys.  I was worried that we'd not have good experienced commercial pilots because most of the aviators from Vietnam have retired.  With the wars we've had, one very good thing that comes out of it is that we will have good, experienced, young pilots that have many many hours in the air.  Hopefully, every one of you guys will be flying the public around with Delta, US Air, etc.

It always makes me feel good when I board an airplane and see an experienced combat pilot at the wheel.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Dude on July 30, 2013, 08:53:55 am
A big thanks to all you military guys.  I was worried that we'd not have good experienced commercial pilots because most of the aviators from Vietnam have retired.  With the wars we've had, one very good thing that comes out of it is that we will have good, experienced, young pilots that have many many hours in the air.  Hopefully, every one of you guys will be flying the public around with Delta, US Air, etc.

It always makes me feel good when I board an airplane and see an experienced combat pilot at the wheel.

The experience of the guys who have flown in the past 10 years is definitely a lot different than what the guys got in the late 70s and 80s.  Afghanistan/Iraq/Kuwait/the Arabian Peninsula can be demanding places.  It's not easy getting big aircraft to do what you want when it's 125 degrees out with a 29.38 altimeter with blowing dust at an airfield whose base PA is 3500'+.  There's been a lot of experience built in the past 10 years that should serve the airlines well.  Let's hope the unions allow some of them to be hired.

Brownstreak

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on July 30, 2013, 11:10:55 am
Let's hope the unions allow some of them to be hired.

The Unions don't do the hiring, HR and Labor does that.  About the only thing a union/line pilot can do is give a recommendation or if the guy is a Dbag-throw your 2 cents in the mix.  Other than that, we have NO say as to when or how many get hired.

Brownstreak

August 01, 2013, 03:06:06 pm #70 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 04:19:41 pm by Brownstreak
Quote from: Dude on July 30, 2013, 08:53:55 am

I appreciate the military pilots too and have many friends from all branches and aircraft types, however;
I've flown with good and bad pilots from all backgrounds. Either you have "it" or you don't.  Some people, like me, couldn't pass the military medical due to 2 ACL reconstructions will metal screws in my knees.  Magically, I somehow managed to hide my lack of ability from multiple airlines and now fly 767s around the world.  Granted, I'm lucky that I don't have to fly passengers around anymore, but they'll be happier knowing that a civy isn't flying them.

By the way, when you board the plane how do you know the guys up front have seen combat? 

OldCoot

Quote from: Brownstreak on August 01, 2013, 03:06:06 pm
I appreciate the military pilots too and have many friends from all branches and aircraft types, however;
I've flown with good and bad pilots from all backgrounds. Either you have "it" or you don't.  Some people, like me, couldn't pass the military medical due to 2 ACL reconstructions will metal screws in my knees.  Magically, I somehow managed to hide my lack of ability from multiple airlines and now fly 767s around the world.  Granted, I'm lucky that I don't have to fly passengers around anymore, but they'll be happier knowing that a civy isn't flying them.

By the way, when you board the plane how do you know the guys up front have seen combat?

I can't tell every one of them but I can tell a lot of them.  And you are right about the combat part, but I can spot a vet a mile a way.  You'll say it's crazy but vets hold themselves different.

Brownstreak

August 01, 2013, 06:13:59 pm #72 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:26:39 pm by Brownstreak
Quote from: Dude on August 01, 2013, 05:28:06 pm
I can't tell every one of them but I can tell a lot of them.  And you are right about the combat part, but I can spot a vet a mile a way.  You'll say it's crazy but vets hold themselves different.

I fly with them everyday and unless they introduce themselves as "Viper" or "Cooter" I wouldn't know their background just by looking at them.  The good ones don't tell you unless backgrounds are discussed.  It's "Viper" that usually sucks anyway.  I guess I need to get my "combat experienced pilot" radar fixed, work on my posture and find another line of work.  Until I find something that a mere civilian trained with trashed knees pilot is worthy of, I hope I can manage to get your Amazon order from point A to B!

Brownstreak

Quote from: Dude on August 01, 2013, 05:28:06 pm
but vets hold themselves different.

Left hand, right hand, pinky out, thumb up or is it with between index and thumb?  Is it a secret shake of holding themselves?  I like to hold myself too, but I want to know how to do it correctly so I can get respect.

OldCoot

Quote from: Brownstreak on August 01, 2013, 07:12:21 pm
Left hand, right hand, pinky out, thumb up or is it with between index and thumb?  Is it a secret shake of holding themselves?  I like to hold myself too, but I want to know how to do it correctly so I can get respect.

Not being a prik would be a good start.  It's harder than it looks though.

Brownstreak

Quote from: Dude on August 02, 2013, 10:35:08 am
Not being a prik would be a good start.  It's harder than it looks though.

Knowing WTH your talking about before spouting off about crap you don't know goes along way toward me not being a prick. 

Flying Razorback

I will say that there is definitely a difference between guys who come up through the military and switch to the airlines/cargo versus guys who make it through the majors all on their own.  I'm not going to say that one is discernable from the other on an outward appearance or not, however, I would say that the guys who go the distance in the civilian world have a much harder road to travel.  It's not easy accumulating the experience (debt) and surviving as many interviews as they do before making it to the top at places like UPS, Fed Ex, Delta, and so on. 

It is a lot easier for us in the military.  It is very competitive to be selected, but many good guys are left out due to medical requirements.  One of the best guys I went through college and training with never was pilot qual'd due to being slightly color blind.  It's something he was told he had at 20 years old with not idea he suffered from it until he didn't get 100% on the eye exam.

But once in, it's all given to you.  200 hours of pretty intense flying in training in high performance aircraft right out of the gate.  Then it's straight to wide body aircraft or fighters with only a few hundred hours to your name.  It's all right there for free.

It's not as easy to transition from a viper cockpit or a C-17 even to the majors as it once was.  The prior military guys who are in their 40s and 50s and have been flying for Delta and UPS for 15 years had it much easier than the guys who attempt to make the jump today and many take a paycut from their 6 figure military flying career to an $18,000 regional jet job to keep employed while continuing to apply to the majors.  And at that point you're still at the bottom of the list when it comes to line numbers.

It's a give and take.  One is not necessarily inherently better than the other because it comes to experience.  There are guys who are flying KC-10s and C-5s in the Air Force who have only landed at places where there is a nice 10,000 foot runway and a 5 star hotel waiting for them.  While you have the C-130s landing on 4,000' dirt strips at 11,000' of altitude in the mountains in the summer near the equator.  The same is true in the civilian world.  You have pilots who had tough instructors, flew in tough conditions, and then you have guys who progressed early and often and have had a pretty easy go of it so far.  They fly the SFO to Japan route and really only get about 0.5 of hands on yoke time out of a 12 hour flight.  But they might be great mission managers and have the automation and aircraft down pat.

There's no reason to argue over it.  There's definitely room for ribbing each other though, because that's what's fun.  What else do you do while sitting around for the weather to clear up?  Everyone has great experience in some way or another, the best we can do is respect each other's experience and learn from each other as often as we can.

Brownstreak

My posts weren't meant to take away from the experience and sacrifices of military pilots, but the military vs civilian argument gets so old.  I never got shot at, wasn't deployed for months at a time to the desert or some other less than stellar locale.  I get annoyed by the general public's assumptions about aviation.  Sort of like "don't you want to fly commercial some day?"  Me: "I do fly commercially".  Ignoramus: "you know what I mean; flying people."  Me: "why would I want to take a pay cut?" Ignoramus: deer in headlights look.

As my 767 initial instructor who was a P3 Navy Captain explained about military vs civilian new hires: military guys are more technically proficient with theory and general book knowledge.  Civilian pilots are typically more proficient at stick and rudder flying.  After a year of line flying he can't tell the difference between the two.

RNC

No need to defend yourself.  There's always a wanna-be segment of the population, someone has to buy those Soldier of Fortune magazines, after all.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Brownstreak on August 02, 2013, 01:52:08 pm
My posts weren't meant to take away from the experience and sacrifices of military pilots, but the military vs civilian argument gets so old.  I never got shot at, wasn't deployed for months at a time to the desert or some other less than stellar locale.  I get annoyed by the general public's assumptions about aviation.  Sort of like "don't you want to fly commercial some day?"  Me: "I do fly commercially".  Ignoramus: "you know what I mean; flying people."  Me: "why would I want to take a pay cut?" Ignoramus: deer in headlights look.

As my 767 initial instructor who was a P3 Navy Captain explained about military vs civilian new hires: military guys are more technically proficient with theory and general book knowledge.  Civilian pilots are typically more proficient at stick and rudder flying.  After a year of line flying he can't tell the difference between the two.

That's crazy to hear that from a P-3 guy.  I used to fly with a bunch of P-3 guys and they could fly them some airplanes.  They do some pretty cool stuff at high speed very very low to the water and it's all hand flown.  It's neat what they can do out over the water where they don't have to worry about hitting terrain and towers.

Brownstreak

He used that as a general rule, but as with anything there are exceptions to the rule.  I've since flown with him on the line numerous times  and he is an exceptional pilot.  I'm fortunate to have had him as an instructor as well.  I certainly thought it was interesting that he said that.

GusMcRae

Update:
Over 350 total after flying last weekend. 

Planes:
Citabria - 3 hours
1967 Cessna 182K - My primary airplane, the balance of my total time is in this and a couple of other 182s

gotyacovered

September 30, 2013, 01:25:54 pm #82 Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 02:08:11 pm by gotyacovered
Pretty good month...

current totals... little behind schedule!!!

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on September 19, 2013, 04:17:17 pm
Update:
Over 350 total after flying last weekend. 

Planes:
Citabria - 3 hours
1967 Cessna 182K - My primary airplane, the balance of my total time is in this and a couple of other 182s

im trying to catch ya... you got your PPL right after i solo'd (9/2/11). got my ticket 2/2/12...

GusMcRae

Busted 400 total yesterday. 
Oldest son in for Christmas, flew he and my daughter-in-law around, then later, finally got in an instrument lesson.
Flew a VOR approach and a GPS approach.   

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on December 18, 2013, 10:17:07 am
Busted 400 total yesterday. 
Oldest son in for Christmas, flew he and my daughter-in-law around, then later, finally got in an instrument lesson.
Flew a VOR approach and a GPS approach.   

i guess you were in VMC? they were fun, werent they? ;D

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on December 24, 2013, 11:22:51 am
i guess you were in VMC? they were fun, werent they? ;D

Yessir. First trip around it was with no foggles on, just so I could see it once,,,, after that  it was simulated instrument in VMC. 

Since then I had another lesson doing ILS approaches at a towered airport, KLAW. 
However, that's when the suction filter problem, that I asked you about, became evident.  I've been too busy with Christmas, and houseful of family, and hunting trip afterward, to check that out.  I'm almost certain it is the filter, and probably what was wrong back in March last year, so I'm thinking I sent the DG off to have repaired last year for nothing.  Well, I guess it got a good cleaning at the shop, that's about it. 

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on January 02, 2014, 02:25:24 pm
Yessir. First trip around it was with no foggles on, just so I could see it once,,,, after that  it was simulated instrument in VMC. 

Since then I had another lesson doing ILS approaches at a towered airport, KLAW. 
However, that's when the suction filter problem, that I asked you about, became evident.  I've been too busy with Christmas, and houseful of family, and hunting trip afterward, to check that out.  I'm almost certain it is the filter, and probably what was wrong back in March last year, so I'm thinking I sent the DG off to have repaired last year for nothing.  Well, I guess it got a good cleaning at the shop, that's about it. 

good stuff!

i am still waaaaaaay behind in my IFR training.

gotyacovered

2013 Total

Total Time

from 8-16 thru 9-30 i flew 41.33 hours. Needmore 45 day stretches like that.

Flying Razorback

Glad to see you were able to get a variety of experiences in 2013.  It's good to get time in a multi-engine and time in complex aircraft.  Especially with complex aircraft it's good experience to see how busy you can get.  When on an IFR approach and having to worry about all the configuration changes, checklists, instrument cross check, radios, and slow down and timing points you can get yourself behind the airplane pretty quick and forget to go final flaps or get the gear down.

Keep on, get that IFR training when you can.  Even if you're still far from the ticket you could possibly save your bacon if you end up in a bad situation or things change fast on you.

gotyacovered

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on January 25, 2014, 11:20:28 am
Glad to see you were able to get a variety of experiences in 2013.  It's good to get time in a multi-engine and time in complex aircraft.  Especially with complex aircraft it's good experience to see how busy you can get.  When on an IFR approach and having to worry about all the configuration changes, checklists, instrument cross check, radios, and slow down and timing points you can get yourself behind the airplane pretty quick and forget to go final flaps or get the gear down.

Keep on, get that IFR training when you can.  Even if you're still far from the ticket you could possibly save your bacon if you end up in a bad situation or things change fast on you.

it was a blast. the approches were so fun, really neat-o. i cannot wait to get my ticket. looks like i am gonna get a new/reman/MOH engine first, though... unfortuantly.

GusMcRae

June 2014 turned out to be my biggest month yet,,, 25.7 hours, have only flown about 40 this year due to my plane being down, but getting in some IFR lessons and continuing to build some time with some xc trips, closing in on 450 total.  I've visited 7 new airports this year, and most of those were in the month of June.  Got my complex endorsement in an old Piper Archer back in Feb.  A departure out of KDAL and IFR lesson back home in a turbo C210 last week was the highlight of the year, so far.   

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on July 02, 2014, 09:56:56 am
June 2014 turned out to be my biggest month yet,,, 25.7 hours, have only flown about 40 this year due to my plane being down, but getting in some IFR lessons and continuing to build some time with some xc trips, closing in on 450 total.  I've visited 7 new airports this year, and most of those were in the month of June.  Got my complex endorsement in an old Piper Archer back in Feb.  A departure out of KDAL and IFR lesson back home in a turbo C210 last week was the highlight of the year, so far.   

sweet!

how much heavier did that T210 feel? what is just awesome???

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on July 02, 2014, 10:11:56 am
sweet!

how much heavier did that T210 feel? what is just awesome???

It is quite a bit heavier,,, I kept adjusting the trim tabs to help with it until he allowed me to engage the AP for a pretty long stretch. 
CFII said that ATC could probably detect the lack of confidence in my voice to take me straight back over DFW, so they routed me way South before getting vectors to eventually put me on my destination heading.  But it made for a longer lesson! :)
Most of the way down in the right seat, I was studying the panel,,, it's similar to mine but it has an engine monitor and he uses that for MAP and RPM instead of the old guages, and his DG, Heading bug and HSI are all in the same instrument,,, so that took some getting used to as well, plus the gear, plus it doesn't have a "both" fuel selector position so you have that to think about.  It was intimidating as it is a lot of plane compared to my 182.  Just need more time in something like that to get really comfortable with it.  The altitude hold on the AP is nice (I don't have that, only heading).  You land quite a bit faster (about 100 mph instead of 80 on the airspeed) in it than in the 182.  CFII had me stay off of the brakes and let it slow down on it's own when we landed, as opposed to the owner's landing at KDAL,,, trying to get the heck out of the way I guess,,, lots of brakes and a turn to taxiway much faster than what I ever do.  Great experience but I want to do it again!  Soon!

Blue35

It's almost that time of the year. Will take wife to Revelstoke, BC on August 10 in the CP210.

gotyacovered

Quote from: Blue35 on July 22, 2014, 09:57:44 am
It's almost that time of the year. Will take wife to Revelstoke, BC on August 10 in the CP210.
Quote from: Blue35 on July 22, 2014, 09:57:44 am

nice. you will be subject to questions and jealousy. there are several of us on here (well maybe just two) that dream of owning a 210 instead of our 182's.

glad to have you around here.

GusMcRae

Milestone reached Wednesday when I flew, busted 500 total. Plane down a bit this year kept my total hours below normal, figured I would have hit 500 back in the Spring or Summer. Closing in on IFR, early 2015 is the goal.

GusMcRae

Busted 600 total time on Friday 9/11/15. 
Flew again yesterday, 11K' for the trip down to avoid a headwind, changed significantly somewhere above 9K'.  Was only getting about 112 kts at 9K and got closer to 130kts at 11K. 
Then on the trip back, flew at 6K' and was clipping along at 150kts + for most of the trip home. 
ATC had me descend at my discretion down to 4K',,, this pick of the gps was with only about a 200'/min descent rate, 170kts,,, rare sight in my old bird.
On the ground it was from 150 at 17, gusts to 25,,, glad I had a 16 runway.  Somewhat of a bumpy ride for most of the way home at 6,000, but I don't mind when I get that kind of ground speed.
Yes I have faster plane envy.

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on September 14, 2015, 09:16:39 am
Busted 600 total time on Friday 9/11/15. 
Flew again yesterday, 11K' for the trip down to avoid a headwind, changed significantly somewhere above 9K'.  Was only getting about 112 kts at 9K and got closer to 130kts at 11K. 
Then on the trip back, flew at 6K' and was clipping along at 150kts + for most of the trip home. 
ATC had me descend at my discretion down to 4K',,, this pick of the gps was with only about a 200'/min descent rate, 170kts,,, rare sight in my old bird.
On the ground it was from 150 at 17, gusts to 25,,, glad I had a 16 runway.  Somewhat of a bumpy ride for most of the way home at 6,000, but I don't mind when I get that kind of ground speed.
Yes I have faster plane envy.

good stuff gus, congrats on the 600+ club... i am sitting just under 500, still not proceeding with my Instrument... its a priority, but just not happening. one of those LIFE things...

theFlyingHog

My only flying for a couple years has been the odd chance to sit right seat in a king air. Get to hand fly as much as I want between t/o and landing. Our pilot is teaching me more and more about how to fly it. Sweet airplane