Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Bielema: I didn't leave my house for 48 hours after losing that game

Started by gchamblee, January 23, 2017, 07:27:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 24, 2017, 03:57:46 pm
And that's the issue. Not winning enough games shouldn't mean "everything is up for questioning". Question scheme. Question player buy ik. Question the man's leadership. All those things are fair game. When you stoop to taking personal shots and making ignorant assumptions about his eating habits you've missed the mark when it comes to legit reasons for criticism.

You want a legit reason.  People don't respect morbidly obese people.  Sorry, they just don't. They look down on them.  They make jokes about them.  And they generally ridicule them.  That doesn't make it right.  That doesn't mean that is the way it should be.  But that is the way it is and you darned well know it.

For most people, that is not much that they need to worry about.  But for someone in a leadership position?  Yeah, then what people think about you is not only a concern, it is integral to your ability to lead and motivate them.

gchamblee

Quote from: LZH on January 24, 2017, 04:03:38 pm
You ever had a skinny gal pin you to the floor when you are literally giving it all you've got to fight her? Now that, my friend, is fun. Let the games begin.

i love how they snore while wide awake. fun stuff.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on January 24, 2017, 04:03:38 pm
You ever had a skinny gal pin you to the floor when you are literally giving it all you've got to fight her? Now that, my friend, is fun. Let the games begin.

We define fun quite differently, my friend.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgon on January 24, 2017, 04:04:11 pm
You want a legit reason.  People don't respect morbidly obese people.  Sorry, they just don't. They look down on them.  They make jokes about them.  And they generally ridicule them.  That doesn't make it right.  That doesn't mean that is the way it should be.  But that is the way it is and you darned well know it.

For most people, that is not much that they need to worry about.  But for someone in a leadership position?  Yeah, then what people think about you is not only a concern, it is integral to your ability to lead and motivate them.

You're projecting. Not everyone is as shallow as you seem to think. And if they had a problem with his weight they would have chosen another school.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee

You want a legit reason.  People I don't respect morbidly obese people.  Sorry, they I just don't. They I look down on them.  They I make jokes about them.  And they I generally ridicule them.  That doesn't make it right.  That doesn't mean that is the way it should be.  But that is the way it is and you darned well know it.

Fixed that for ya

factchecker

You want a legit reason.  People don't respect morbidly obese people.  Sorry, they just don't. They look down on them

People don't respect short people either and they literally look down on them.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

LZH

And I mis-worded that. No skinny gal has ever pinned me down but I have had a couple of big honeys I could not out-wrestle.

LZH

hawganatic

Not sure if it's funny or sad that this message board has fallen to the point where we are body shaming our coach.   

Definitely shows a lack of character from a lot of our posters who think being fat prevents somebody from being a good football coach, or good at anything else they want to do.

hawgon

Quote from: gchamblee on January 24, 2017, 04:06:33 pm
Fixed that for ya

You're right.  I don't feel much sympathy for smokers who get cancer or alcoholics either.  All are preventable and caused by preventable behavior.

southeasthog

You want a legit reason.  People don't respect morbidly obese people.  Sorry, they just don't.
You actually thank Beliema is morbidly obese?

factchecker

Quote from: hawgon on January 24, 2017, 04:08:50 pm
All are preventable and caused by preventable behavior.

I think everyone will agree with you here.  Most people also realize that addictions are a bitch and habits are tough to break.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogcard1964

So, he's not a very good coach because he's heavy?

You really believe this?

hawgon

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 24, 2017, 04:11:39 pm
So, he's not a very good coach because he's heavy?

You really believe this?

I think it impacts his ability to lead.  Now, you tell me if leadership seemed to be an issue with this team.

PorkRinds

This entire discussion is friggin unreal. Talk about grasping at straws. "Coach B eats so much slim chickens that no one respects him!" 

hawgon

Quote from: factchecker on January 24, 2017, 04:11:27 pm
I think everyone will agree with you here.  Most people also realize that addictions are a bitch and habits are tough to break.

No, that is weakness talking.  Addictions are easy.  You simply stop the behavior.

TOM "tbw1"

Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?