Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Dan Enos

Started by factchecker, January 20, 2017, 04:23:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SRV

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 20, 2017, 06:20:41 pm
Yeah. CBB texted me and told me it was all schematic and not something else.

Good times.....good times.  ;D
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

nchogg

I want CBB to stick to what he said about Coaches that don't produce, that they would not get a raise until they do. I may be out of line but Coach Anderson, Coach Hargreaves and Coach Segrest should not get one until their units show a lot of improvement.

Hogwild

factchecker

Quote from: nchogg on January 20, 2017, 10:41:35 pm
I want CBB to stick to what he said about Coaches that don't produce, that they would not get a raise until they do. I may be out of line but Coach Anderson, Coach Hargreaves and Coach Segrest should not get one until their units show a lot of improvement.

I don't think you will have to worry about one of those coaches getting a raise.  I think the others will only get "raises" if it's already included in their contracts as step ups.

I think both Lunney and Michael Smith will get raise/extensions.  We need to hold on to Coach Smith as long as possible for Louisiana recruiting.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

azhog10

Glad we did this. Ends is legit. Second half issues aren't on him. Defense and lack of experience on the Oline were.

hobhog

wikipedia brown

I would definitely keep coach Smith at all costs if possible. his units have outperformed expectations two years straight. his recruiting ability is arguably the best on staff as well.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: wikipedia brown on January 21, 2017, 01:02:18 am
I would definitely keep coach Smith at all costs if possible. his units have outperformed expectations two years straight. his recruiting ability is arguably the best on staff as well.

But your not mentioning Coach Biggus
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

jgphillips3

Quote from: factchecker on January 20, 2017, 11:19:21 pm
I don't think you will have to worry about one of those coaches getting a raise.  I think the others will only get "raises" if it's already included in their contracts as step ups.

I think both Lunney and Michael Smith will get raise/extensions.  We need to hold on to Coach Smith as long as possible for Louisiana recruiting.

Smith definitely needs to get whatever he needs to keep him happy and keep him here.  Lunney is probably the only other staff member that is worthy of a raise. 

Spektre

I think we're getting him at a steal. We put up rather good scoring numbers for having such a poor offensive line... especially with a pro style offense. Plus, his QB coaching is head and shoulders better than what we have had in the past. Figured he would require a mil to keep.

nchogg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 21, 2017, 03:16:59 am
Smith definitely needs to get whatever he needs to keep him happy and keep him here.  Lunney is probably the only other staff member that is worthy of a raise.
You remember when Smith did not get a raise after his first season. Once his receivers started to produce he got a raise.

hog.goblin

to be fair, the OL improved tremendously from the beginning of the year to the end of the year

it just happened to start in the dumpster

RedyorNot

I love Enos as a play caller for the most part, the way he develops our QB's and feel he is worthy of the raise and extension. What I want to get better is obviously the second half decisions as we went away with what was working too many times. I don't know if that was primarily due to our lack of OL depth and the guys were just gassed, over adjusting to the defensive adjustments or what, but if he fixes that, give him a million and lock him up IMO.

MissippHog

What a waste......HDN 2.0

I kid, I kid.  Good to see them tie him up for a few more years.  :razorback:

Dwight_K_Shrute

Cannot undervalue the importance of being able to develop a QB, doing this is half the battle toward long term success and stability.  DE helped BA improve and had a first time starter near the top of the SEC.  Is he perfect?  No, but don't know many coaches that are.  It appears he is at least getting close to maximizing the talent he has on hand.  Someone said give him a decent offensive line, I say give him a decent offensive line coach. 

Extending and giving him a raise was the right call.  It seems to be pragmatic without going over the top, and leaves plenty of room to raise it more in the future.  If they go out next year and have a great year they can bump him to 7 figures.  If they had already done that this year if leaves less room in the future.  Reward without overpaying, and leaves some money for some other coaching positions that need to be upgraded.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Redhogs

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2017, 05:44:05 pm
Give him an offensive line and he's fine.
Like coach Enos, he's one of the few problems we don't have.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Segrest should get shown the door.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Hollywood870

I complain all of the time but I believe this move gives us a chance. Got to get the O -Line fixed though.

HoggyCat

Quote from: factchecker on January 20, 2017, 05:38:01 pm
I fully expect this thread to be full of pissing and moaning because Razorback fans aren't the brightest:

https://twitter.com/jahogsncards/status/822575425444577281

https://twitter.com/zjhuggins/status/822571579276218371

https://twitter.com/tweeteru/status/822585082586271744

The TRUTH is this.  Coach Enos has improved our quarterback play tremendously since he has been here.  I've been to every open practice that we've had and watching him work individual drills with quarterbacks is awesome.  He puts the QBs through a series of footwork, bag, pocket awareness, and target drills like I've never seen.  I look forward to seeing Austin progress and Cole develop under Coach Enos' guidance.

I overlook our intermittent shortcomings on offense because I know who the meddler in chief is...... And if there was any pissing & moaning it should be because it's only $50K. That's not worth the time and paper to fill it out & sign on when you consider what he's truly done.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.