Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CPR is a better hire, here's why.

Started by Ramboar, January 13, 2017, 11:58:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

Quote from: Styflin on January 15, 2017, 04:48:26 pm
Thanks for the worthless stats and tired hogville diatribe about Chaney. I'm talking about his RELATIONSHIP as an OC with our current Head Coach, and that Head Coach's past with such coaching position.

You are taking the word of Coach Potato (Chaney) saying that Bret held him back or kept him from opening the playbook.

Why hasn't Potato been able to open his playbook up at Georgia?  Why is his offense still garbage?  Is Bret controlling Georgia's offense as well?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Ramboar

I started this thread to be positive ab the more than likely hire of Paul Rhoads becoming our DC. Past is the past Styflin. Move on bud.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Styflin

Quote from: ricepig on January 15, 2017, 04:49:58 pm
So, Enos should be leaving then, correct?

Have you heard or read anything in regards to their relationship? We certainly have with his past coaches.

Bubba's Bruisers

It's always a choice of extremes.  Maybe, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  Me bets that's the case.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on January 15, 2017, 04:49:58 pm
So, Enos should be leaving then, correct?

I hope Enos stays.

I've heard that we are keeping him and that Enos turned down Pitt and multiple NFL jobs.  We will see.

The crazy thing is this.  I talked to Central Michigan fans when we hired him and they said that his major problem was being too conservative with the playbook.

I guess Bielema had control of Central Michigan's offense then as well.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Styflin

Quote from: Ramboar on January 15, 2017, 04:53:08 pm
I started this thread to be positive ab the more than likely hire of Paul Rhoads becoming our DC. Past is the past Styflin. Move on bud.

You are right. Thread got derailed. I digress.

Ramboar

Quote from: Styflin on January 15, 2017, 04:53:36 pm
Have you heard or read anything in regards to their relationship? We certainly have with his past coaches.
I don't know if thats certain or not ab the past. What I am certain of is everyone wants a bosom for a pillow.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Cinco de Hogo

Chaney's coaching scheme isn't near the problem as his handling of QB's.  Drew Bree's falling in his lap seemed to set expectations that he has never achieved in his career.

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on January 15, 2017, 04:54:06 pm
I hope Enos stays.

I've heard that we are keeping him and that Enos turned down Pitt and multiple NFL jobs.  We will see.

The crazy thing is this.  I talked to Central Michigan fans when we hired him and they said that his major problem was being too conservative with the playbook.

I guess Bielema had control of Central Michigan's offense then as well.

According to the "search" gurus, he didn't have a college offer, but did have some interest from the pros.

Ramboar

I'll be yo Huckleberry

DeltaBoy

He got a solid resume and he will do a good job.  :razorback:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LZH

Quote from: code red on January 14, 2017, 12:15:05 pm
I would almost guarantee that we don't finish the season in a 3 front.

Sounds about right to me also. I know you have to start somewhere, but I don't see us having the personnel to run a 3-4 right out of the bag just because it will be a good idea down the road.

code red

I feel so much better.  The players are comfortable heck...might as well just give us the West title now. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Pork Twain

Very happy with this hire, now lets hope a couple more moves are made.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

LZH

Quote from: code red on January 17, 2017, 09:32:30 am
I feel so much better.  The players are comfortable heck...might as well just give us the West title now. 

We're not far apart on much. But PR just may be the kick in the ass we need. Of course, that is if BB lets him run the defense as he sees fit. This team/coach, just like our previous savior, has his fingerprints all over the place because these coaches do what they are told to do.

tophawg19

Quote from: factchecker on January 15, 2017, 04:45:17 pm
Let's check in on that amazing wide open Chaney offense.  Jim should be tearing up the record books now that he is free from Bielema's oppression and he is coaching a team full of 5 stars at Georgia:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/911/team/offense/split01/category02/sort01.html

Hmmm....

Georgia passing yards = 2515 yards
vs.
Arkansas passing yards = 3434 yards

Georgia passing completion = 54.9 %
vs.
Arkansas completion % = 60.8%

Georgia passing touchdown/ints = 16/9
vs.
Arkansas passing touchdown/ints = 26/16
to be fair can you add rushing and total. Chaney wasn't good here and i think you're total numbers will prove that out even more since he has two of America's top backs ,a five star Qb and supposedly good WR's
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins