Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CPR is a better hire, here's why.

Started by Ramboar, January 13, 2017, 11:58:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramboar

CPR is loved by the current players, FANONTHEHILL can confirm this.
We all gripe about recruiting, CPR is the better recruiter. 2 4* secondary guys we are on love the guy.
Recruiting the south you say, one has done it better than the other. Yea you guessed it right CPR.
Experience you say, guess who has been coaching longer. Right again you are CPR.
Guys we have the better coach. Ask any Nebraska fan who they could have and 8 out of 10 would take CPR over Fish Cakes.
Yes, google fish cake Bob Diaco. You will feel better.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jkstock04

If the players had their way we would still have John L Smith as coach.

BTW, is Paul Rhoads as our DC confirmed as final/legit?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

NuttinItUp

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 14, 2017, 12:02:34 am
is Paul Rhoads as our DC confirmed as final/legit?

I sure hope so. He is a great hire if so.

If we don't elevate him to DC, someone else will hire him away. His resume is too good.

Ramboar

I'll be yo Huckleberry

jkstock04

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 14, 2017, 12:04:14 am
I sure hope so. He is a great hire if so.

If we don't elevate him to DC, someone else will hire him away. His resume is too good.
Doesn't make me much difference. To me it's all window dressing anyways.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Dwight_K_Shrute

If it is going to be Rhoads do the deal pump him up and finish strong for AND. No need dragging it out now.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

King Kong

CPR is a worse hire than Diaco.... because CPR has mainly been a 4-3 guy throughout his career. Diaco is 3-4.

Also we currently don't have any defensive Asst with a lot of experience coaching the 3-4. What does that mean..... we are probably looking more like a Sal Suneri 3-4 at UT.

CPR has a very good rep as a DC. But Diaco's has been even better.

Shrevepork

"If the players had their way we would still have John L Smith as coach." I had the same thought.

King Kong

Or Reggie Herring as DC.

However, Rhoads resume demands respect as a DC

FANONTHEHILL

I suspect it will be Rhodes and it will be announced first to the team when they meet Monday night at the Smith Center.  Coach Bielema could pull another name out of his hat, but Rhodes is the most likely name. 

In reply to other posts here, Rhodes primary set when he was DC at Auburn and at Pittsburgh was a 3-4.

When I say that the players like Rhodes, don't think that doesn't mean he is soft on them.  He is intense and demands their respect, but he develops relationships with them.  Smith didn't do this.  If it is Rhodes, I expect a higher level of intensity and a lot more tackling in practice.

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

jgphillips3

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 14, 2017, 06:39:24 am
I suspect it will be Rhodes and it will be announced first to the team when they meet Monday night at the Smith Center.  Coach Bielema could pull another name out of his hat, but Rhodes is the most likely name. 

In reply to other posts here, Rhodes primary set when he was DC at Auburn and at Pittsburgh was a 3-4.

When I say that the players like Rhodes, don't think that doesn't mean he is soft on them.  He is intense and demands their respect, but he develops relationships with them.  Smith didn't do this.  If it is Rhodes, I expect a higher level of intensity and a lot more tackling in practice.

Thank you for your contributions to this board and your son's contribution to our team. 👍

rzrbk4life

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 14, 2017, 06:39:24 am

Appreciate the insight Fan
Let's call those hogs!!!!

bulldog04

Promote CPR, hire Partridge and Trooper Taylor and I will be happy

nchogg

Got to love all the speculation. One thing I have learned about Coach B is you don't know who he will hire or replace. There are no leaks and when he has made a final decision we will know.

hawg IQ

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 14, 2017, 12:01:59 am
Just give me a side of CCP
CCP or AGC at DC would make FBP and also more wins. would AGM for BB or rather CBB. So CPR is really needed for ERF and hopefully cpr can be the MNR !!
go hogs go !

JIHawg

Quote from: Ramboar on January 13, 2017, 11:58:21 pm
We all gripe about recruiting, CPR is the better recruiter. 2 4* secondary guys we are on love the guy.
Recruiting the south you say, one has done it better than the other. Yea you guessed it right CPR.
Experience you say, guess who has been coaching longer. Right again you are CPR.
Guys we have the better coach. Ask any Nebraska fan who they could have and 8 out of 10 would take CPR over Fish Cakes.

Good points.  Makes me feel better.

Chief Mac

Quote from: bulldog04 on January 14, 2017, 07:01:13 am

Trooper Taylor?!?  Are we going to give him his standard bags of cash when he is out recruiting?
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on January 14, 2017, 09:03:54 am
Trooper Taylor?!?  Are we going to give him his standard bags of cash when he is out recruiting?

No. Just prepaid Visa cards from the Walmarts
This is my non-signature signature.

lakecityhog

"CCP or AGC at DC would make FBP and also more wins. would AGM for BB or rather CBB. So CPR is really needed for ERF "     Someone please interpet this gibberish???

Why do some of you insist on putting a C in front of the initials of a COACH??? We are on a board called Monday Morning Quarterback who else would we be talking about Robb Smith the house painter or Charlie Partridge the pizza maker???

Why not go ahead and put HCBB or OLCKA, hell find out their middle names and add that initial too!

HamSammich

Just have the guts to show yourself here exactly twelve months from now.

Tusks

Quote from: bulldog04 on January 14, 2017, 07:01:13 am

Partridge and a D coach that is a top recruiter out of Texas ... damnit
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoggish1

Good find on the Fish Cakes thing.  We dodged a bullet!

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on January 14, 2017, 10:09:06 am
Partridge and a D coach that is a top recruiter out of Texas ... damnit

Well, Rhoads signed more talent from TX and OK while at ISU, then we have recently. I'd take one, but whom?

Really I am concerned about HCBB and ADJL.  Has anyone confirmed that they are aware that it is likely one of  the Arkansas Razorback Football Team Coordinators (ARFTC) may be planning to leave the team?

Hawgar The Horrible

^^^LMAO!^^^ You can't make this snit up.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

cpohog

Quote from: hawg IQ on January 14, 2017, 08:45:22 am
CCP or AGC at DC would make FBP and also more wins. would AGM for BB or rather CBB. So CPR is really needed for ERF and hopefully cpr can be the MNR !!

Holy Cow acronyms R us!! What are you saying here?? Where is my acronym hand book? Or is it the hangover this morning that is not allowing me to decipher what all this means?

I am a product of the Arkansas education system so forgive me for not understanding what the above post means.... LOL!!

CPR= Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation

OK I figured out one of the acronyms and yes or D needs some CPR!!!! LOL Heck it may need full on LIFE SUPPORT soon! 

(notOM)Rebel123

What's Joe Lee Dunn doing these days?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

gchamblee

Quote from: HamSammich on January 14, 2017, 10:05:14 am
Just have the guts to show yourself here exactly twelve months from now.

it takes guts to stand in support of someone that may or may not fail in their future endeavors. what you do, throwing stones at everyone and marginalizing everything they do with the trusty fallback of "im a razorback fan so im happy it worked out" not only does not require any guts, it's a cowards strategy.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

aloha_kid

grayhawg

Not trying to be negative, I don't know who was the DC but the defense 2014 allowed 528 yards per game and in 2015 they allowed 453 yards per game. To me that's disturbing.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/iowa-state/2015.html#all_team

TheEnemy

I like Rhoads and I think he will do well.

Seems like the ones that don't like Rhoads seem to do so solely because of this year's defense and aren't familiar with his whole body of work.

Truth is.....if we pass on him we have 1 maybe 2 more years with him before someone else hires him from us as a DC.  We will end up saying we dodged a bullet or missed the boat....I think it will be the latter.

Pig in the Pokey

You act like if we added Diaco to the staff Rhoads would quit or something. We wanted BOTH. Get that through your thick heads, Hogville.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 14, 2017, 11:40:48 am
You act like if we added Diaco to the staff Rhoads would quit or something. We wanted BOTH. Get that through your thick heads, Hogville.

Obviously that is what we want. We want to go undefeated every season too.

However, the debate is if you can only have one. (because both most likely would rather be sole DC rather than co-DC somewhere)

NuttinItUp

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 14, 2017, 11:46:27 am

However, the debate is if you can only have one. (because both most likely would rather be sole DC rather than co-DC somewhere)
But that isn't what Rhoads said just last year when he got here. He said he just wanted to be a position coach and teach.
@Slackaveli

hawg IQ

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 14, 2017, 10:04:25 am
"CCP or AGC at DC would make FBP and also more wins. would AGM for BB or rather CBB. So CPR is really needed for ERF "     Someone please interpet this gibberish???

Why do some of you insist on putting a C in front of the initials of a COACH??? We are on a board called Monday Morning Quarterback who else would we be talking about Robb Smith the house painter or Charlie Partridge the pizza maker???

Why not go ahead and put HCBB or OLCKA, hell find out their middle names and add that initial too!
I see you got my point !
go hogs go !

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 14, 2017, 11:53:59 am
But that isn't what Rhoads said just last year when he got here. He said he just wanted to be a position coach and teach.

That is referred to as coachspeak. Welcome to football.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 14, 2017, 11:46:27 am

This is why I didn't believe Diaco was coming here, his only opportunity was as co-DC with Rhoads, when he had opportunity at Nebraska to be the guy, I figured he would take it. Would have been best case for us if he would have settled for the co-DC, but it is fine with Rhoads. I would bet Rhoads came here with the understanding he was DC in waiting!

hawg IQ

Quote from: cpohog on January 14, 2017, 10:25:38 am
Holy Cow acronyms R us!! What are you saying here?? Where is my acronym hand book? Or is it the hangover this morning that is not allowing me to decipher what all this means?

I am a product of the Arkansas education system so forgive me for not understanding what the above post means.... LOL!!

CPR= Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation

OK I figured out one of the acronyms and yes or D needs some CPR!!!! LOL Heck it may need full on LIFE SUPPORT soon! 

some got my point and so did you. I agree just plain words are much better. I think sometimes acronyms is ok when is obvious such as a BB or JFB , but to every coach , no-no !?
go hogs go !

BrianG

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on January 14, 2017, 09:03:54 am

You know that is buckshot.  He has never caused one of his team's to be penalized.  Just a bunch of know nothing fans who bring it up.  Idiot.  Before you talk about someone how about some proof.  Yeah that's what I thought liar.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: BrianG on January 14, 2017, 12:00:41 pm
You know that is buckshot.  He has never caused one of his team's to be penalized.  Just a bunch of know nothing fans who bring it up.  Idiot.  Before you talk about someone how about some proof.  Yeah that's what I thought liar.
Trooper get out of here! Looks like somebody just got off the D-bag express ;D

code red

Quote from: King Kong on January 14, 2017, 03:36:17 am
CPR is a worse hire than Diaco.... because CPR has mainly been a 4-3 guy throughout his career. Diaco is 3-4.

Also we currently don't have any defensive Asst with a lot of experience coaching the 3-4. What does that mean..... we are probably looking more like a Sal Suneri 3-4 at UT.

CPR has a very good rep as a DC. But Diaco's has been even better.
I would almost guarantee that we don't finish the season in a 3 front.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hawginbigd1

Quote from: code red on January 14, 2017, 12:15:05 pm
Depends if we start in it we will finish in it IMO, I am not 100% sold we are going to make it our base defense! I am thinking they may just be trying to use it as a change-up.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: code red on January 14, 2017, 12:15:05 pm
so, what exactly are you predicting? No 3-4 at all or are you seriously tryintg to suggest that we would change defenses MID SEASON??
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 14, 2017, 12:04:29 pm
Trooper get out of here! Looks like somebody just got off the D-bag express ;D

Red pup fan.....

lakecityhog

I think Rhoads will do fine IF he is named DC as long as he is given the freedom to do his job.

I watched "Before they were Cowboys" this morning and gosh did Frank have some great assistant coaches!!! Both Jimmy and Jerry mentioned that fact and that Frank did the one thing that GREAT coaches do--- HE LET THEM COACH!

I truly believe BB has a little bit of micro-manager in him. I remember the story of Matt Canad confronting him about running the O while at Wisconsin and I heard the PC where BB said that Smith said to him "Coach I'd sure like to blitz right here."

We sit around and complain about the offense going stale at times, we go ballistic that the D seems to go passive at times and the first words spoken are bad OC or terrible DC. In both of our last 2 flops the offense scored well and looked unstoppable in the first and at the same time the D held the opponent to a minimal output.  Did Enos and Smith go brain dead at halftime? Or maybe they were influenced to be a little more careful with the lead?

Does that sound like a HC playing not to lose???

Can Rhoads thrive in the same circumstance? Could Diaco have been successful with the same restraints? Maybe being a former HC, Rhoads will feel more comfortable in bucking that trend?