Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Correlation of 'Announce Times'

Started by tractorengineer, February 03, 2015, 08:38:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tractorengineer

Do you think coaches try to influence a recruits 'Announcement Time' of day on signing day?

For instance i think KJ Hills announces at 9:00 am and D Reed at 10:00. Do you think this was set up so if Hill selects Hogs (improbable in my opinion) then we tell Reed we don't have room ? Or is their announce times completely coincidental/random and we would take both? I would think most announcement times are left to kids choice but was curious if you thought occasionally some announce times are sequentially scheduled (ie Plan A recruit announce time is ahead of Plan B recruit?  (Note i am not implying Reed is a Plan B - in my opinion he us a Plan A all the way and would love to have him in a Hog uniform)

davispard

Quote from: tractorengineer on February 03, 2015, 08:38:02 pm
Do you think coaches try to influence a recruits 'Announcement Time' of day on signing day?

For instance i think KJ Hills announces at 9:00 am and D Reed at 10:00. Do you think this was set up so if Hill selects Hogs (improbable in my opinion) then we tell Reed we don't have room ? Or is their announce times completely coincidental/random and we would take both? I would think most announcement times are left to kids choice but was curious if you thought occasionally some announce times are sequentially scheduled (ie Plan A recruit announce time is ahead of Plan B recruit?  (Note i am not implying Reed is a Plan B - in my opinion he us a Plan A all the way and would love to have him in a Hog uniform)
That thought crossed my mind as well...

JaketheSnake

Coaches will already know...  They don't play the same games with athletes as athletes play with the public.

oldhawg

I do not believe that Reed will be told "There's no room at the Inn," regardless of where Hill commits to. 

tractorengineer

Quote from: oldhawg on February 03, 2015, 08:41:03 pm
I do not believe that Reed will be told "There's no room at the Inn," regardless of where Hill commits to.

Agree - really hoping we get both. Would do wonders to open up passing game going forward

JaketheSnake

Quote from: oldhawg on February 03, 2015, 08:41:03 pm
Reed, to this point as far as we know, does not have the grades.  If we get Hill (which I don't believe we will) then we would likely turn Reed away and take a guaranteed spot... Unless Reed was willing to postpone signing until he was cleared.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!