Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jarrett Lake

Started by Love those Hogs, February 03, 2015, 03:55:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Love those Hogs

Last signing day surprise that I can remember was Jarrett Lake.  Had no clue he was coming to Arkansas.  Anybody know a different one?
Hogs 4 Life!

WooPig90

Quote from: Love those Hogs on February 03, 2015, 03:55:07 pm
Last signing day surprise that I can remember was Jarrett Lake.  Had no clue he was coming to Arkansas.  Anybody know a different one?

Philon

Love those Hogs

Philon was a surprise also, but there was a bit of talk about him before he signed.
Hogs 4 Life!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Love those Hogs on February 03, 2015, 03:56:49 pm
Philon was a surprise also, but there was a bit of talk about him before he signed.
I must have been out of the loop because i was totally shocked by Philon, the only ties we had to him was Jamichael.

Love those Hogs

It was signing day talk but I remember hearing about him before he signed.  I read Jarrett Lake's name on the LOI sheet and had to go look him up.
Hogs 4 Life!

Uncommon

Javontee Herndon
Jarrett Lake
Denton Simek

Darius Philon

AugustaHog

Herndon was the one that came to mind for me.  That was totally out of left field.  I think it even caught Javontee off guard.  He wasn't even expecting to sign that day and got the call of a lifetime. 

Uncommon

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 03, 2015, 04:12:56 pm
Herndon was the one that came to mind for me.  That was totally out of left field.  I think it even caught Javontee off guard.  He wasn't even expecting to sign that day and got the call of a lifetime.
He ended up having a better career than Julian Horton, the better receiver signee according to the recruiting rankings.

MissippHog

Quote from: Love those Hogs on February 03, 2015, 03:55:07 pm
Although we knew we were in the running, I was surprised when Denver Kirkland committed to us over the Florida schools.

20gauge

Collins especially after his mom ran off with the papers.

AllHog90

for me... Damon Mitchell.

Muskliketusk

Stole Lake from them Gooners, just like we will Mbannasor this year. Heard it hear first.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

aloha_kid

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Muskliketusk on February 03, 2015, 04:51:10 pm
Stole Lake from them Gooners, just like we will Mbannasor this year. Heard it hear first.

I'd hesitate to say we stole him rather than saved them from him.   I think they may have dropped him in the final weeks.  I lived in Oklahoma at the time he was having his KJ/Montez/Bolding issue at Jenks that caused him to lose his Sr. year of eligibility. 

There was something goofy with that guy's whole situation.  I'd say the taxpayers of Arkansas didn't get a good ROI on that guy.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Muskliketusk on February 03, 2015, 04:51:10 pm

Fever with these spells you get, Skywalker?

redeye

Quote from: Love those Hogs on February 03, 2015, 04:02:30 pm
It was signing day talk but I remember hearing about him before he signed.  I read Jarrett Lake's name on the LOI sheet and had to go look him up.

I honestly don't recall any talk, except I knew we had tried recruiting him.  He committed to Alabama early and there may have been talk of us recruiting him while he was committed, but I can't say that I remember it.