Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is 'Irwin' off the Big Board for Good?

Started by Hog Waller, February 02, 2015, 09:44:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Been10Hog

It does seem similar to the "secret 5* visit." Keeps people talking though and visits to this board?!

Pigstie

What's going to come out after NSD will not affect the Arkansas program or recruiting, or the OSU program or their recruiting. Most of these threads have been completely harmless, even from a legal standpoint.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2015, 10:52:50 am
Nothing, it would mean a school played an ineligible athlete and would have to forfeit their wins. It happens every year, not necessarily in Arkansas, but it doesn't seem to keep the kids from playing college ball. The kid is a minor, he isn't responsible for his "rent".

That depends on who supplied the booster money allegedly used to pay the rent.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

WorfHog

If it doesn't hurt AR and doesn't hurt our recruiting, why wait to release the information?

Hog Waller

Quote from: WorfHog on February 03, 2015, 11:44:01 am
If it doesn't hurt AR and doesn't hurt our recruiting, why wait to release the information?

Unless it hurts another program because on NSD they took the bait and get caught red handed?  Who knows really why this all seems so cloak and dagger like?

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on February 03, 2015, 11:23:46 am
That depends on who supplied the booster money allegedly used to pay the rent.

No it wouldn't, it might permit said recruit from attending a certain school, but these schools aren't that dumb, there isn't a smoking gun, sorry.

hogfan870

Quote from: Hog Waller on February 03, 2015, 11:46:03 am
Unless it hurts another program because on NSD they took the bait and get caught red handed?  Who knows really why this all seems so cloak and dagger like?

Yeah - doubt it.

BTW, I think I was one of the biggest critics of the "secret 5 star" thing.  (Really think it may have been me that got it trashed.)  And while I have said all along that this does not appear to be anything that will effect our recruiting, I do think this is a true story.  Heck, NLR won't respond to questions asking who their football coach is - it is pretty clear there is something there.  I just don't buy all the tie in to recruiting and that the media is waiting to break the story until after signing day.  (It will surely be after signing day but for reasons other than signing day.)

Pigstie

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2015, 11:52:43 am
No it wouldn't, it might permit said recruit from attending a certain school, but these schools aren't that dumb, there isn't a smoking gun, sorry.
Exactly....
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.