Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Catfish Hole-First Time Experience

Started by RazorSmack 33, February 02, 2015, 07:15:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorSmack 33

Took one of my sons and one of my grandchildren to the Catfish Hole on Saturday night for the last recruiting weekend before national signing day. It was an amazing experience for all of us. Got to talk to Pat, Boss Hog and Tulsa. What a GREAT job they all do to make the recruits and their families feel welcome. It must be very difficult to attend one of those functions and not want to come out of there wanting to be an Arkansas Razorback. To Pat, Boss Hog and Tulsa, thanks for all you do and thanks for allowing my family to be apart of such a unique experience. Oh, and the catfish was great, although I didn't get to eat that much because  I had about 18 hush puppies before my meal got there. By far the best hush puppies ever. GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!

Oklahawg

Glad you had a great time.

It is something most Hog fans should experience at least once.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: RazorSmack 33 on February 02, 2015, 07:15:24 pm
Took one of my sons and one of my grandchildren to the Catfish Hole on Saturday night for the last recruiting weekend before national signing day. It was an amazing experience for all of us. Got to talk to Pat, Boss Hog and Tulsa. What a GREAT job they all do to make the recruits and their families feel welcome. It must be very difficult to attend one of those functions and not want to come out of there wanting to be an Arkansas Razorback. To Pat, Boss Hog and Tulsa, thanks for all you do and thanks for allowing my family to be apart of such a unique experience. Oh, and the catfish was great, although I didn't get to eat that much because  I had about 18 hush puppies before my meal got there. By far the best hush puppies ever. GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!

18?!?!?!? You are all razorback baby. I love you.

I have downed 10 before and could barely move after dinner. And I'm a big boy. Just a light weight eating wise I guess.

Great post man.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

ChicoHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 02, 2015, 07:17:28 pm
Glad you had a great time.

It is something most Hog fans should experience at least once.
Last year when myself and my buddy were in town for the NIU/A&M games I told him I want to go to the Catfish Hole as I have heard all about it but had never been there.  So we went on a Wednesday around 5 after playing golf at Eagle Crest in Alma.  Place was pretty empty that early.  I was a little surprised at how plain the decor was but I usually enjoy places that are substance over style so it was fine with me.  And the food was good.  I am not a hush puppie fan but yes they are very good.  Catfish was great also.  Atmosphere on a recruiting night or a BB radio show night is probably awesome.   

longtimeHogfan

Mrs. Longtime and I have been to The Catfish Hole on recruiting weekends several times and I remain convinced that that experience is one of the best kept secrets in all of D-1.  Walking into a packed house of wild-eyed, rabid, hog-calling Razorback fans calling the hogs just as you come through the door has to be experienced to be believed.   We may not get 'em all but we'll leave 'em with memories they'll never forget. 

Definition of love = fans at The Catfish Hole.    :razorback:
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RazorSmack 33 on February 02, 2015, 07:15:24 pm
Took one of my sons and one of my grandchildren to the Catfish Hole on Saturday night for the last recruiting weekend before national signing day. It was an amazing experience for all of us. Got to talk to Pat, Boss Hog and Tulsa. What a GREAT job they all do to make the recruits and their families feel welcome. It must be very difficult to attend one of those functions and not want to come out of there wanting to be an Arkansas Razorback. To Pat, Boss Hog and Tulsa, thanks for all you do and thanks for allowing my family to be apart of such a unique experience. Oh, and the catfish was great, although I didn't get to eat that much because I had about 18 hush puppies before my meal got there. By far the best hush puppies ever. GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!

You know how I know you're not lying..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

arkirish

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 02, 2015, 08:01:39 pm
Last year when myself and my buddy were in town for the NIU/A&M games I told him I want to go to the Catfish Hole as I have heard all about it but had never been there.  So we went on a Wednesday around 5 after playing golf at Eagle Crest in Alma.  Place was pretty empty that early.  I was a little surprised at how plain the decor was but I usually enjoy places that are substance over style so it was fine with me.  And the food was good.  I am not a hush puppie fan but yes they are very good.  Catfish was great also.  Atmosphere on a recruiting night or a BB radio show night is probably awesome.

Did you go to the Alma one or the one in Fayetteville?

tusksincolorado

Yuuummmm.....Catfish Hole catfish with Frank's hot sauce and all da fixin's!

Ain't Nuthin' Bettah!!!

GO HAWGS!   :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

ChicoHog

Quote from: arkirish on February 03, 2015, 11:06:49 am
Did you go to the Alma one or the one in Fayetteville?
Fayetteville.  Didn't know there was one in Alma.  I stayed at my sister's house in Lowell and we drove to Alma for the golf course (great course by the way). 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.