Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN-Negative Recruiting (Is this JLS in this pic?)

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, February 02, 2015, 06:17:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

February 02, 2015, 06:17:00 am Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 06:30:26 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Saw this article on ESPN about negative recruiting and when I saw the picture that they used for the article I thought the guy in the picture looked familiar. Is this John L. Smith? What he is wearing matches what he wore in some games his last year here.

So by this picture, are they trying to say that we engaged in negative recruiting tactics?

The Pic.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/

The story.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/12249013/coaches-go-art-negative-recruiting
Go Hogs Go!

RazorRed26

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 02, 2015, 06:17:00 am
Saw this article on ESPN about negative recruiting and when I saw the picture that they used for the article I thought the guy in the picture looked familiar. Is this John L. Smith? What he is wearing matches what he wore in some games his last year here.

So by this picture, are they trying to say that we engaged in negative recruiting tactics?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/

I believe it is JLS.  Not sure if they are saying we engaged in negative tactics.

Steef

red_beard_82

It would fit with the story that JLS and that whole situation were the easiest targets of negative recruiting ever. They only received a one season contract and everything that was going on there.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RazorRed26 on February 02, 2015, 06:22:03 am
I believe it is JLS.  Not sure if they are saying we engaged in negative tactics.

Well either we did or we were the victim of that. Aside from the picture, the article in that second link really talks about the down and dirty side of recruiting.
Go Hogs Go!

WooPig90

Ham Ham Pigelow

Tusks

JL didn't have enough wits about him to negatively recruit.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on February 02, 2015, 08:37:49 pm
That's Johnelle when he was HC at Michigan State.

Not so much, go back and look at what he wore in games when he was the Interim. That's him, in Hog gear.
Go Hogs Go!

snoot hoggy hog

I remember a lot schools used the JLS situation to sway recruits away from Arkansas. That's probably why he's pictured.

010HogFan

I saw that picture and asked my buddy the exact same question! LOL good eye

PorcineSublime

OK, guess you are either being sarcastic about the bad play calling in the SB or they have changed pics on you. Your link leads to a pic of Pete Carroll after the SB.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PorcineSublime on February 03, 2015, 05:12:16 am
OK, guess you are either being sarcastic about the bad play calling in the SB or they have changed pics on you. Your link leads to a pic of Pete Carroll after the SB.

Yep, they changed the link. Originally that led to a picture of John L. at the head of an article about negative recruiting. I was kinda surprised. They obviously had to use some picture, but of all people, why him?

The article is still there in the second link though. Pretty good article, too.
Go Hogs Go!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: PorcineSublime on February 03, 2015, 05:12:16 am

Yes it does.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!