Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Luc Bequette

Started by SquidBilly, February 01, 2015, 05:49:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SquidBilly

If we strike out on a couple of guys I wouldn't mind seeing us offer Luc.  You have to think with the Bequette legacy at UA he'd jump on the offer.

Hogg_Phan

If we haven't offered him yet, I would rather save the scholarship than just start handing them out.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

1hogfan

His legacy should have earned him an offer. I can't believe it didn't.

texas tush hog

February 01, 2015, 05:55:37 pm #3 Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:56:41 pm by texas tush hog
Quote from: Bret Squealema on February 01, 2015, 05:49:07 pm
If we strike out on a couple of guys I wouldn't mind seeing us offer Luc.  You have to think with the Bequette legacy at UA he'd jump on the offer.

His dad, Chris, was an all SWC lineman and his mother Debbie was an Olympic Bronze medal winning ice skater. Some damn good genes there.

PEtrader

Why didn't he get an offer?
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

TeedupHigh

Legacy?  Need players, all about the wins

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: PEtrader on February 01, 2015, 05:55:49 pm
Why didn't he get an offer?

No.  We showed interest, but I don't believe he ever got an official offer.  He committed to Cal a while back.  I assume he is still planning on going out there.
Retired Radio Host

ricepig

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on February 01, 2015, 05:59:56 pm
No.  We showed interest, but I don't believe he ever got an official offer.  He committed to Cal a while back.  I assume he is still planning on going out there.

Or Florida....

texas tush hog

Quote from: Hogg_Phan on February 01, 2015, 05:53:15 pm
If we haven't offered him yet, I would rather save the scholarship than just start handing them out.

I wonder if Florida has offered or asking him to walk-on. That being the case he needs to walk on in Fayetteville. I'm sure his parents could afford to pay his way. Chris is a lawyer and Debbie is an orthopedic surgeon. He's not a bad player.

jcharkansas

I'm guessing luc is in fact Jakes brother, but when you click his pic on 24/7 sports it was coming up with a black athlete, I guess this is just a mistake. It doesn't matter either way I was just curious is all.

Tim Harris

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 01, 2015, 06:02:23 pm
I wonder if Florida has offered or asking him to walk-on. That being the case he needs to walk on in Fayetteville. I'm sure his parents could afford to pay his way. Chris is a lawyer and Debbie is an orthopedic surgeon. He's not a bad player.

Florida still has 10+ spots open. Doubt they are asking anyone to walk on.

oldfart

Quote from: jcharkansas on February 01, 2015, 06:18:06 pm
I'm guessing luc is in fact Jakes brother, but when you click his pic on 24/7 sports it was coming up with a black athlete, I guess this is just a mistake. It doesn't matter either way I was just curious is all.
his mom is african american a great figure skater. i sawher in the worldchampionships in budapest

SquidBilly

I think they are cousins.

jcharkansas

Ok so that really is his pic? Or do we have some sarcasm in the answers

ricepig

Quote from: jcharkansas on February 01, 2015, 06:42:04 pm
Ok so that really is his pic?

Well, since we have no idea what you are looking at, who knows.

This is Luc.

http://247sports.com/Player/Luc-Bequette-33669?Institution=1925

jcharkansas

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2015, 06:43:28 pm
Well, since we have no idea what you are looking at, who knows.
Yea let me see if I can find it, it's been a few weeks since I looked at it

jcharkansas

http://247sports.com/Player/Luc-Bequette-33669
That's the one I was seeing, hope the link works

Ok I get it now if they are not brothers, I just always thought they were

BadHog

Luc is Jakes cousin. Not brother. And he is half African American and a great guy
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

texas tush hog

Jake is Jay's son. Luc is the son of Chris Bequette and Debbie Thomas, a drop dead gorgeous black figure skater who was the 1986 world champion figure skating champion and 1988 Olympics Bronze medalist. Used to look like Halle Berry when she was younger but a 47 year old orthopedic surgeon in Little Rock now.

jcharkansas

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 01, 2015, 06:52:36 pm
Jake is Jay's son. Chris married Debbie Thomas a drop dead gorgeous black figure skater who was the 1986 world champion figure skating champion and 1988 Olympics Bronze medalist. Used to look like Halle Berry when she was younger but a 47 year old orthopedic surgeon in Little Rock now.
Thanks for the clarification, I was just confused is all.

Fan1958

Wow.  People respond and answer your question and you keep on.  Jake's cousin by way of his uncle Chris and Chris's wife Debbie Thomas, an Olympic figure skater.  Keep up.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

jcharkansas

Quote from: Fan1958 on February 01, 2015, 06:55:50 pm
Wow.  People respond and answer your question and you keep on.  Jake's cousin by way of his uncle Chris and Chris's wife Debbie Thomas, an Olympic figure skater.  Keep up.
Yea man no harm intended just took a few answers for me to get it sorry about that
I got it now, I'm not as quick as y'all are sometimes. Anyway I think he could be good. Go hogs

ArmyOfnobunaga

Any Bequette is a good Razorback in my opinion. I hope we get him.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

SquidBilly

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 01, 2015, 07:31:42 pm

To get him we'd have to offer him.  Hope we do.

Hogman2

If he is not GOOD ENOUGH, I agree with NOT offering!

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: Hogman2 on February 01, 2015, 07:35:26 pm
If he is not GOOD ENOUGH, I agree with NOT offering!

How is your career as a coach going? Oh really, you must at least be an nfl scout...?

I for one will trust the guy up on the hill making millions of bucks a year to decide these things.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

PEtrader

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 01, 2015, 07:37:17 pm

How is your career as a coach going? Oh really, you must at least be an nfl scout...?

I for one will trust the guy up on the hill making millions of bucks a year to decide these things.

I think you should re read what he said.  You guys are agreeing.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: PEtrader on February 01, 2015, 07:47:46 pm
I think you should re read what he said.  You guys are agreeing.

crap think you are right. my apologies.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 01, 2015, 07:37:17 pm

your on a roll, aren't cha.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Philip Seaton

Offered by P5 schools, legacy, defensive lineman. Would like to see him offered, and hoping he gets one.

scruf

HV: "I want legacy players!"
Outsider: "Ok, what if the last name is Nutt?"

(HV grabs pitchforks)

hvsupastar

I don't care how good Fritz, David, Kevin, and Kerry were. If Chris Von Eric doesn't have the talent, he shouldn't be in the ring.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Hogeration

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 01, 2015, 08:28:30 pm
I don't care how good Fritz, David, Kevin, and Kerry were. If Chris Von Eric doesn't have the talent, he shouldn't be in the ring.

Man that is a funny post and really dates me that I even know who they are.  On a side note, what a tragedy that family became.  Oh, and David didn't belong in the ring with them either.

HogAlum99

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 01, 2015, 08:28:30 pm

Man, I'm getting old. I guarantee ya there a quite a few on here that have no idea what this means, but my old @$$ remembers those days well! Some of the best wrestling ever! Those matches with the Freebirds back then were some of the best.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: HogAlum99 on February 01, 2015, 09:51:54 pm
Man, I'm getting old. I guarantee ya there a quite a few on here that have no idea what this means, but my old @$$ remembers those days well! Some of the best wrestling ever! Those matches with the Freebirds back then were some of the best.

OK I will admit Kerry and Kevin made a Badazz tag-team.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

texas tush hog

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 01, 2015, 07:31:42 pm

I don't recall Jay, Chris or Jake being that fabulous when they showed up on the hill but every one of them became stars with a lot of hard work, drive, and determination, believe Luc is cut out of the same cloth. And oh, don't forget Barry Switzer's roomate, George Bequette, their grandfather, one of the nicest guys I've ever known.

reddogjcss

If he's a Bequette give him a scholarship.
We owe the family that much and if he plays with that Bequette heart he will be a great player.

texas tush hog

Quote from: reddogjcss on February 01, 2015, 10:12:27 pm
We owe the family that much and if he plays with that Bequette heart he will be a great player.

My sentiments exactly.

Uncommon

SEC football is too cut throat now a days to give legacy scholarships.  Do wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Ugly Uncle

Man, I totally agree.  I hate to let any of them get away.
Retired Radio Host

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: 1hogfan on February 01, 2015, 05:53:45 pm
His legacy should have earned him an offer. I can't believe it didn't.

This is how you remain in last place in the SEC West.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

1highhog

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 01, 2015, 06:52:36 pm
Jake is Jay's son. Luc is the son of Chris Bequette and Debbie Thomas, a drop dead gorgeous black figure skater who was the 1986 world champion figure skating champion and 1988 Olympics Bronze medalist. Used to look like Halle Berry when she was younger but a 47 year old orthopedic surgeon in Little Rock now.

I remember Debbie Thomas well when she skated, and yes, she was drop dead gorgeous.  I sure didn't know she'd ended up in Arkansas.  I don't know anything about her husband, but her son looks to be a legit player that if we don't fill all our spots he might be a good 5th year player.

duckman

Quote from: Uncommon on February 01, 2015, 10:17:26 pm
SEC football is too cut throat now a days to give legacy scholarships.  Do wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bruisemeister

First of all. Did he want to come to U of A? It sounds like both of his parents are well educated. CAL is one of those schools like Stanford and Vanderbilt where you can't blame a kid for going there if they have higher educational aspirations. It aint all about athletics. Considering professional football players have the shortest average career, academics should matter more to a young man.

I think Chris's senior season was 1987. He was the starting right tackle who lined up alongside Freddie Childress in 1986 and 1987. Those were some good lines.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: BadHog on February 01, 2015, 06:51:35 pm
Luc is Jakes cousin. Not brother. And he is half African American and a great guy

Jake was also 6-5 and 271 vs Luc @ 6-2 250... Regardless we should all love to see another Bequette at Arkansas...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 02, 2015, 03:06:59 am
Jake was also 6-5 and 271 vs Luc @ 6-2 250... Regardless we should all love to see another Bequette at Arkansas...

I'm sure there are many other kids out there with that last name.  Should we offer them all ?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

ImHogginIt

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 02, 2015, 07:29:38 am
I'm sure there are many other kids out there with that last name.  Should we offer them all ?

Only if they are a good enough DL to draw offers from Cal and Florida like this one  :razorback:

Tim Harris

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 02, 2015, 08:18:57 am
Only if they are a good enough DL to draw offers from Cal and Florida like this one  :razorback:

Last I read Florida was looking at him as a Center and not on the DL.  That could have changed by now but if not would you rather have him or Rogers?

DeltaBoy

We need to get that boy.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.