Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Willie Sykes

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 01, 2015, 05:09:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

Could also mean that one of the other committed DBs is looking around...

Pig In The City

Daaaaaang, that boy likes to play football. Great anticipation on the play. Sykes would be an awesome get.

Wooderson

For those that cracked on two star safeties, Ken Hamlin was one.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Wooderson on February 01, 2015, 08:25:25 pm
For those that cracked on two star safeties, Ken Hamlin was one.
rankings and the manpower dedicated to recruiting  have changed much since then.

Wooderson

Quote from: JaketheSnake on February 01, 2015, 08:27:18 pm
rankings and the manpower dedicated to recruiting  have changed much since then.

His offers were equal to that of a two star.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

codeHog

He can run.....he can tackle. ....he must be a good student and person if we offered

So I just ask about his quickness. If he has cover skills to take on the quick slot guys like a Cornelius... then he could take Mitchel's nickel spot

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Wooderson on February 01, 2015, 08:41:17 pm
His offers were equal to that of a two star.
I can not find a profile that shows his offer list.  If you have, please share.

RunHogruN

This kid has some instictive quality to him and he lays the lumber when he gets there.  RS this kid to get him polished and you've got a pretty salty safety backing up the current safeties we have. I like him.
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

Uncommon

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 01, 2015, 06:33:17 pm
It would definitely appear we counted a few of our chickens before they hatched.
GUILTY

sgfhog

I am still holding on to hope for Weathersby.  Never Yield!  WPS!

SwineGrind

Sykes must have lumberjacks in the family.
Kid can lay the wood.

AugustaHog

Is the height and wt. on 247 accurate?  174 seems awful light for a S.  I know Body by Herb performs miracles, but that's about 35-40 lbs you'd have to layer on this guy to get him to SEC safety levels.  Now if he's sitting 10 lbs. heavier with room to grow, that may make more sense.  He seems like a good player and had a few solid offers already.  You'd have to think that he has had a relationship with Riley and Co. going  back to OSU and I'm not sure we are going to overcome that with such little time and no visit.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 01, 2015, 05:09:47 pm
Nathaniel Dalton ‏@TheN8Dalton  · 11m11 minutes ago 
Hog Fans give my brother from another mother @williesykes11 a follow, trying to bring him to Fayetteville as a Safety #Wps

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1417380/highlights/215315383

I wonder why Dalton didn't say.... Hey I am trying to get this guy to be a hog, but DO NOT follow him on twitter, because that would be CREEPY, for grown men and women to tweet another grown man on a social media site!!!!! SMDH at some of the mental giants that post here.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 01, 2015, 05:47:25 pm
What plan are we on?  2* safeties.  I'll take him though.

Wasn't Ken Hamlin a 2 or 3 * as well..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

younghog

Any way to see who else we offered OR the complete OFFER list by date?
GO HOGS

Uncommon

Quote from: younghog on February 02, 2015, 10:57:14 am
Any way to see who else we offered OR the complete OFFER list by date?
Don't think there is a sortable list on any of the recruiting sites.  Wish there was.  I'm thinking about starting a thread for the 2016 class after Wednesday that has everybody we offered and what date we offered them.  That way we know the what our recruiting board looks like and the pecking order.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Uncommon on February 02, 2015, 11:15:55 am
Don't think there is a sortable list on any of the recruiting sites.  Wish there was.  I'm thinking about starting a thread for the 2016 class after Wednesday that has everybody we offered and what date we offered them.  That way we know the what our recruiting board looks like and the pecking order.

Thread would be cool, but offer date is not always a strong indicator of pecking order.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

redswarmrising

heck i'd like to see that list  :razorback:

Uncommon

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 02, 2015, 11:34:48 am
Thread would be cool, but offer date is not always a strong indicator of pecking order.
True.  Should've put what the pecking order may look like.  I'll start working on it.

younghog

That would be Awesome..

Offer date is important as it will tell us if he was a late pickup or the lead recruiter found the diamond early..
GO HOGS

Youngsta71701

Dude looks real good. Coach Herb will put some good weight on him if he comes to the hill.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

jackflash

If we could get Sykes to commit to go along with Willmans, Roger and Dalton

JNunn

http://247sports.com/Player/Willie-Sykes-19375