Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 01, 2015, 11:14:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Quote from: Hogdomer on February 01, 2015, 01:25:31 pm
I've seen rumors he may commit to LSU today.

That would be really bad. 

If RD thinks we've lost some steam on him now. I'd like our chances come Wednesday. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

hawg1221

secneahog, I hope you don't have to change your avatar.

GrizzlyRider07

Quote from: Hogdomer on February 01, 2015, 01:25:31 pm
I've seen rumors he may commit to LSU today.

Where are you seeing that at
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

WBC Hog

Has Reed visited us this year? I don't remember hearing him coming on an OV.

Not the news I wanted hear on Weathersby either.

secneahog

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 01, 2015, 01:27:49 pm
secneahog, I hope you don't have to change your avatar.

I know right. I've had this one up for awhile.  After this is over I'll probably change it to Agim!
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

texas tush hog

Weathersby momma accompanied him to LSU but did not come to the hill. Major concern.

colbs

Quote from: WBC Hog on February 01, 2015, 01:29:04 pm
Has Reed visited us this year? I don't remember hearing him coming on an OV.

Not the news I wanted hear on Weathersby either.
Yes, I can't remember if it was the Ole Miss or LSU game.

secneahog

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 01, 2015, 01:33:39 pm
Weathersby momma accompanied him to LSU but did not come to the hill. Major concern.

That is for sure..but this staff has been in her house alot..

Tim Harris

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 01:41:01 pm
That is for sure..but this staff has been in her house alot..

I have no clue where he is going but you can't compare someone telling you about the place your son will be for the next 3-5 years vs. actually seeing that place.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 01:25:26 pm
I believe Wallace was the same way. Heard Bama was getting him. Army game he picked up the Hog hat. I like our chances. This staff will make it happen.
Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 01:25:26 pm
I believe Wallace was the same way. Heard Bama was getting him. Army game he picked up the Hog hat. I like our chances. This staff will make it happen.

Yes, but the days leading up to the AA game, the wind was blowing heavily in our favor.  Nobody was surprised when he pulled the Hog hat.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

If we lose both Hill and Weathersby here at the end, it will be a disappointment to say the least. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2015, 01:46:19 pm
If we lose both Hill and Weathersby here at the end, it will be a disappointment to say the least. 

Well, Weathersby never was a commit, but I get your drift....

(notOM)Rebel123

. ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

secneahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 01, 2015, 01:42:30 pm
I have no clue where he is going but you can't compare someone telling you about the place your son will be for the next 3-5 years vs. actually seeing that place.

You're right. No doubt about it. I'm just saying I'm sure Mrs Weathersby loves our staff also.

secneahog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2015, 01:44:01 pm
Yes, but the days leading up to the AA game, the wind was blowing heavily in our favor.  Nobody was surprised when he pulled the Hog hat.

I was honestly. .

secneahog

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2015, 01:48:35 pm
Well, Weathersby never was a commit, but I get your drift....

Yes, but we like to count our chickens before they hatch.

870hogfan

WorfHog

Quote from: JackJohnson on February 01, 2015, 12:51:22 pm
jeff grimes doesn't lose many- been saying it for a while

Might be time for a reminder 17-0 , and embarrassed by ND in the bowl. That's a team with $$$$$momentum.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: WorfHog on February 01, 2015, 02:12:53 pm
Might be time for a reminder 17-0 , and embarrassed by ND in the bowl. That's a team with $$$$$momentum.

Yes, that's the only possibility.  He was bought.

secneahog

Quote from: WorfHog on February 01, 2015, 02:12:53 pm

They have no qb. Their offense will sputter as long as they don't have a qb. Their offense this year looked like ours last year.

870hogfan

tophawg19

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 12:53:55 pm
Maybe they don't want a OT if we miss on Toby. That's one position we can be very picky on.
no it isn't . that is a major need area
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Bubba's Bruisers

secneahog

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 01, 2015, 02:17:05 pm
no it isn't . that is a major need area

Ok..

It's a MAJOR need...Why are we only on 1 tackle?...

tophawg19

cause the back up just went somewhere else. i think the staff felt they had this kid locked down. we are still light on O-LINE overall
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

secneahog

Skipper.
Wallace.
Colton.
Merrick. 
Ragnow.
Kirkland.
Beck.

Could all play tackle.
Still leaves you with...

Tretola. 
Smothers.
Reeve.
Rodgers.
Josh Allen.
Deacon.
Danenhauer.

I just don't see our depth chart and think we're super thin.

MissippHog

I think the main concern is the possibility of what we could lose next year with Kirkland and Skipper being draft eligible.

Not to mention that Smothers, Danenhauer, Deacon, Beck, Tretola are all Seniors next year.

logand02

Quote from: MissippHog on February 01, 2015, 02:44:10 pm
I think the main concern is the possibility of what we could lose next year with Kirkland and Skipper being draft eligible.

Not to mention that Smothers, Danenhauer, Deacon, Beck, Tretola are all Seniors next year.

When you put it that way.....

Bubba's Bruisers

Correct.

PaintballHog

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 02:32:37 pm
Skipper.
Wallace.
Colton.
Merrick. 
Ragnow.
Kirkland.
Beck.

Could all play tackle.
Still leaves you with...

Tretola. 
Smothers.
Reeve.
Rodgers.
Josh Allen.
Deacon.
Danenhauer.

I just don't see our depth chart and think we're super thin.

Problem is, we are assuming who can play OT at the level that Pittman/Bielema wants the position played.
Go Hogs Go!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 01, 2015, 02:47:34 pm
Problem is, we are assuming who can play OT at the level that Pittman/Bielema wants the position played.

Also correct.  Bodies =/= depth.  Talented bodies = depth.

secneahog

Here's one thing I know for sure. Skipper won't leave early. Kirkland ahhh who knows. 

Seniors will leave of course. But we will have a great 2016 class of oline guys. No doubt about that.

Only true starter that would leave is Smothers and Tretola. Kirkland could or wouldn't go. So that leaves us with a lot of guys getting reps and being young.

RussVegas Hawg

the panic and doom and gloom on this board is extremely funny

Good thing BB is in charge and knows what he's doing

secneahog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 01, 2015, 02:47:34 pm

We know besides the obvious Kirkland can play tackle. 

Believe me I want Weathersby just as much as the next guy but if this staff isn't on a couple tackles then their not freaking out about it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on February 01, 2015, 02:54:07 pm

There no panic or doom here.  Just disappointment.  And m sure BB is disappointed too.  Thats recruiting.

hawg1221

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2015, 02:11:42 pm
Yes, but we like to count our chickens before they hatch.

You're right.  This last week I'd say about 90% of the time when his name was mentioned on Hogville, it more or less Weathersby and who else can we get with him and not "I wonder if Weathersby is coming to Arkansas?".

hawginbigd1

Very very few OL go early

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2015, 02:55:35 pm
There no panic or doom here.  Just disappointment.  And m sure BB is disappointed too.  Thats recruiting.

CBB prolly will be for a second if Weathersby doesn't come but, then he's on to the next thing. That's Coaching and running a program. 1 or 2 players won't make or break this class or this program under CBB.

secneahog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 01, 2015, 02:57:37 pm
Very very few OL go early

This. I think the jump you could make from junior to senior under Bielema & Pittman would be enormous. 

870hogfan

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on February 01, 2015, 02:54:07 pm

It's pretty comical! Lol

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on February 01, 2015, 02:58:40 pm
CBB prolly will be for a second if Weathersby doesn't come but, then he's on to the next thing. That's Coaching and running a program. 1 or 2 players won't make or break this class or this program under CBB.

And nobody has said otherwise.

forrest city joe

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 02:18:52 pm
Ok..

It's a MAJOR need...Why are we only on 1 tackle?...
Because it's not a major need. Marrick and Jackson can play OT. and so can Denver Kirkland. and the best of all could be Brian Wallace.we would have taken this kid for sure. he is one of the best in the country. but he's not a desperate need.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 02:55:20 pm
We know besides the obvious Kirkland can play tackle. 

Believe me I want Weathersby just as much as the next guy but if this staff isn't on a couple tackles then their not freaking out about it.

I don't think I made any reference to anyone on the staff or on this board, "freaking out". I'm certainly not and while it would great to have Weathersby, I suspect that we will play pretty good football next fall whether he signs with us or someone else.

I was just addressing your list of guys that you projected that could play OT. Point was, they may be able to run the plays, but can they execute at the level that the staff wants at that position? Maybe they can, maybe they can't, I don't know. But I know that Pittman and Bielema know.
Go Hogs Go!

Nipsey Mussle

NSD isn't as fun as it used to be. I guess social media and what not has ruined most of the suspense. That being said, is Weathersby our 2015 Soloman Thomas?

secneahog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 01, 2015, 03:01:14 pm
Because it's not a major need. Marrick and Jackson can play OT. and so can Denver Kirkland. and the best of all could be Brian Wallace.we would have taken this kid for sure. he is one of the best in the country. but he's not a desperate need.

I know right. That's how I feel also.  As far as who can play tackle out of the guys we have now no one knows. 

This staff will move people around at will.

secneahog

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 01, 2015, 03:03:12 pm
NSD isn't as fun as it used to be. I guess social media and what not has ruined most of the suspense. That being said, is Weathersby our 2015 Soloman Thomas?

If he commits to Lswho today then no. But how can anyone answer this question? ..

Bubba's Bruisers

And this is also not necessarily about the OT position.  It's also about getting the best players available with the last few spots.  Weathersby was one.  Hill too I bet.  Even though they don't play positions of major need, which is ironic to say, because one could make an argument that there is no position of major need.