Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 01, 2015, 11:14:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 01, 2015, 03:02:00 pm
I don't think I made any reference to anyone on the staff or on this board, "freaking out". I'm certainly not and while it would great to have Weathersby, I suspect that we will play pretty good football next fall whether he signs with us or someone else.

I was just addressing your list of guys that you projected that could play OT. Point was, they may be able to run the plays, but can they execute at the level that the staff wants at that position? Maybe they can, maybe they can't, I don't know. But I know that Pittman and Bielema know.

Well I wasn't talking to you in particular in "freaking out"..There is some that does "freak out" like we're in year 1 under Bielema and we have no depth. 

I think Pittman & Bielema does know and that's why we're only on 1 tackle right now.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2015, 03:05:59 pm
And this is also not necessarily about the OT position.  It's also about getting the best players available with the last few spots.  Weathersby was one.  Hill too I bet.  Even though they don't play positions of major need, which is ironic to say, because one could make an argument that there is no position of major need.

If we close on Jackson & Scott ..I'd say our biggest need would be Reed at wr.

Call me crazy but if we don't land Toby & Hill let's roll them over to 2016.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

fullfan

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 02:53:04 pm

Seniors will leave of course. But we will have a great 2016 class of oline guys. No doubt about that.

Got any names of 2016 O-line commits that will make up that "great 2016" class of online guys? 

ricepig

Quote from: fullfan on February 01, 2015, 03:39:52 pm
Got any names of 2016 O-line commits that will make up that "great 2016" class of online guys? 
I'm guessing he's saying, "In Sam We Trust"

Pig In The City

Pretty typical for players to be impressed directly after a weekend. We have until Wed. To remind him that it is best to be #uncommon. Never Yield!

Hogdomer

Quote from: Pig In The City on February 01, 2015, 04:01:04 pm
Pretty typical for players to be impressed directly after a weekend. We have until Wed. To remind him that it is best to be #uncommon. Never Yield!

Except he didn't visit LSU this weekend.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Pig In The City on February 01, 2015, 04:01:04 pm

But after today it's the dead period and we can't visit him. Would hope that Bielema and Pittman are in his house tonight.

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 01, 2015, 05:04:08 pm
But after today it's the dead period and we can't visit him. Would hope that Bielema and Pittman are in his house tonight.

Not allowed.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/explaining-upcoming-recruiting-dates-rules-2015/

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2015, 05:14:39 pm
Not allowed.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/explaining-upcoming-recruiting-dates-rules-2015/

I thought the dead period began at 6:00 P.M. today, guess I was wrong. Oh well it is what it is, guess we spent too much time in NLR on a hopeless situation.

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 01, 2015, 05:22:51 pm
I thought the dead period began at 6:00 P.M. today, guess I was wrong. Oh well it is what it is, guess we spent too much time in NLR on a hopeless situation.

I'm not sure, and I've read the NCAA brochure, lol. Unless you were on a college campus today for a visit today, I don't think you were allowed any in person contact. I know we saw him every available legal chance we could.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 01, 2015, 05:22:51 pm

I would love to have the kid if he wants to be here. If he doesn't truly want to be here, it wouldn't serve us well for him to feel pressured to be here if it truly wasn't his own choice. One player rarely makes a team or breaks a team. Nothing against KJ but if he doesn't want to be here, I would just as soon that he went wherever he really wants to be. Both schools and KJ, would be better off.
Go Hogs Go!

scruf

But is the sky falling yet? Where are the chicken littles to clear this whole thing up? lol wps

CDBHawg

Any announcement today?