Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 01, 2015, 11:14:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

secneahog

There's the Reed guy... :)
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

hawg1221

RD, do you know anything about this Tyrell Reed guy?

scooby21322

Interesting that Hill is not included among those who are still in the mix....

Großer Kriegschwein

I have an idea that we will leave one scholly open for Dominique Reed in case he qualifies, but according to the rumor mill, he may very well come down to the wire for qualification. He puts in the work, I'm sure he will get it taken care of.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hawgzinbowlz

Kendrick Jackson no longer counts himself as an Arizona commitment.
It's good that he is not committed elsewhere, and glad we got the last visit.
We could use a true MLB as the added depth would help over the course of our season.

I like the way this recruiting season is shaping up. Some great 'I want to be a Hog' talent headed here to 'The Hill'.

" GO HOGS "

jjdlc

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on February 01, 2015, 11:47:57 am
I have an idea that we will leave one scholly open for Dominique Reed in case he qualifies, but according to the rumor mill, he may very well come down to the wire for qualification. He puts in the work, I'm sure he will get it taken care of.

Thats a possibility, our coaches may want him, but may not want to risk the scholarship, we might tell him he'll have a scholarship if he can qualify, but not allow him to sign till then.  However, that is a big risk for him, if he can't qualify for Arkansas will he still have a spot elsewhere?  I guess we'll know something Wednesday.

ricepig

Hey RD, is that number good for all of us to call?

IBleedRazorbackRed

Rd, will reed sign somewhere Wednesday or wait until the summer to see what the grades are like now?

Music City Hog

RD updated and said Reed will make his choice on Tuesday

jgphillips3

I guess with KJ all but officially off the board we can roll the dice on Reed qualifying.  If he makes it, he has the speed to be a game changer.  Then when we get Jordan Jones in next year, the 8 and 9 man box we face will be obliterated if we could put those two speed burners on the outside.  You just couldn't over commit to the run with threats like that.  Then, we become deadly.

WooPig90

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 01, 2015, 12:32:14 pm
RD updated and said Reed will make his choice on Tuesday

Guess since we are one of the schools he is choosing from then it means we are going to take the risk

secneahog

He said weathersby is leaning towards lswho. .. :-\
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

JackJohnson

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 12:46:33 pm
He said weathersby is leaning towards lswho. .. :-\

jeff grimes doesn't lose many- been saying it for a while

secneahog

Quote from: JackJohnson on February 01, 2015, 12:51:22 pm
jeff grimes doesn't lose many- been saying it for a while

Neither does Pittman

Wildhog

Wow, Weathersby would be an awful miss if he signs elsewhere.  Especially since we haven't brought any backup plans in.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 01, 2015, 12:52:24 pm
Wow, Weathersby would be an awful miss if he signs elsewhere.  Especially since we haven't brought any backup plans in.

Maybe they don't want a OT if we miss on Toby. That's one position we can be very picky on.

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 12:53:55 pm
Maybe they don't want a OT if we miss on Toby. That's one position we can be very picky on.

Uh, we NEED another OT.

We have got to get some more recruiters on staff.  Pittman can't get everyone he goes after...
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 12:53:55 pm

Not really for depth, it isn't.

hawginbigd1

RD why you gotta go and ruin my Sunday? Dang I thought we had weathersby. I think BB did too!

Wildhog

We can't afford to close with a whimper.  Still a great class, regardless, but we have more needs.
1909/1964/1965/1977

red_beard_82

Hope we didn't miss on King because of slow playing him and then miss on everyone else too. Still a good class, just sounds like it isn't closing with the bang it could have.

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 01, 2015, 12:54:28 pm
Uh, we NEED another OT.

We have got to get some more recruiters on staff.  Pittman can't get everyone he goes after...

Merrick and Cotton could both play tackle..

So it's coming down to the wire and we hear this about Toby and you immediately say we need to hire more staff!

Geez dude. Why live and die over one recruit? ...

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 12:59:52 pm
Merrick and Cotton could both play tackle..

So it's coming down to the wire and we hear this about Toby and you immediately say we need to hire more staff!

Geez dude. Why live and die over one recruit? ...

Immediately?  I've been saying it for years.

And clearly CBB and staff believe we need another OT or we wouldn't have such a high priority placed on TW. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawg1221

Maybe that's why this Tyrell Reed perhaps made an official visit??  Makes you wonder...

Arkansasno1

There was this.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

WooPig90

Well then just when i was feeling really good about this class  :-\

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 01, 2015, 01:03:43 pm
Immediately?  I've been saying it for years.

And clearly CBB and staff believe we need another OT or we wouldn't have such a high priority placed on TW.

Maybe because he's a elite talent?..lswho needs tackles bad..they have 6 or 7 offers on the table.

We have 1 with Toby. ..you think BB and Pittman would have no back up plan if we NEEDED a tackle so badly?...Cmon man...

secneahog

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 01, 2015, 01:06:59 pm
Maybe that's why this Tyrell Reed perhaps made an official visit??  Makes you wonder...

Post a link showing he's visiting.  Thanks.

hawg1221

Quote from: Arkansasno1 on February 01, 2015, 01:07:27 pm
There was this.

It's confusing.  That seems very promising on Thursday and now on Sunday RD is having doubts.   ??????

Hogfan46

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 01, 2015, 01:06:59 pm

Who has confirmed that he actually visited?

ricepig

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 01:08:06 pm
Maybe because he's a elite talent?..lswho needs tackles bad..they have 6 or 7 offers on the table.

We have 1 with Toby. ..you think BB and Pittman would have no back up plan if we NEEDED a tackle so badly?...Cmon man...

I think they thought we had him.  And we still may get him.

It's just a sore reminder of how great the competition is.  I mean, Weathersby was considered an Arkansas lean almost immediately after decommitting from Texas. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 01, 2015, 01:12:00 pm
It's confusing.  That seems very promising on Thursday and now on Sunday RD is having doubts.   ??????

It's going to be a dog fight come NSD for Toby.

I have faith in Bielema and Pittman regardless.

hawg1221

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 01:09:45 pm
Post a link showing he's visiting.  Thanks.

Key word is perhaps.  I don't really know, but look at the thread started this morning "Tyrell Reed".

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 01:14:47 pm
It's going to be a dog fight come NSD for Toby.

I have faith in Bielema and Pittman regardless.

And I agree with you. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 01, 2015, 01:14:18 pm
I think they thought we had him.  And we still may get him.

It's just a sore reminder of how great the competition is.  I mean, Weathersby was considered an Arkansas lean almost immediately after decommitting from Texas.

Yeah cause he was fresh off a visit with us. He's visited lswho last. That happens.. doesn't mean he won't pick up a Hogs hat or we need to hire more staff. This oline class we have is awesome. 

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 01:16:45 pm
Yeah cause he was fresh off a visit with us. He's visited lswho last. That happens.. doesn't mean he won't pick up a Hogs hat or we need to hire more staff. This oline class we have is awesome. 

Umm, they visited last, to my knowledge on Wednesday/Thursday?

Music City Hog

Dead period starts tonight.  Phone calls still allowed I believe.

secneahog

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 01, 2015, 01:16:06 pm
Key word is perhaps.  I don't really know, but look at the thread started this morning "Tyrell Reed".

Yeah I saw it. Saw he twitted he's headed to Arkansas.  One thing I haven't seen is Danny West..Otis..Davenport mention his name 1 time. So ya I don't think he comes to Fayetteville. 

secneahog

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2015, 01:17:52 pm
Umm, they visited last, to my knowledge on Wednesday/Thursday?

Im saying Official visit. I could be wrong but I believe he visited lswho last..I'm not counting Houston visit.

hawg1221

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 01:18:23 pm
Yeah I saw it. Saw he twitted he's headed to Arkansas.  One thing I haven't seen is Danny West..Otis..Davenport mention his name 1 time. So ya I don't think he comes to Fayetteville.

It just makes me wonder why he would visit anywhere else with all the offers he does have.

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 01:18:23 pm

It's been discussed on other boards.  He's visiting a smaller in-state school, and I'm also pretty sure the Henderson info is accurate.

It's not the U of A.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 01:19:26 pm
Im saying Official visit. I could be wrong but I believe he visited lswho last..I'm not counting Houston visit.

Correct on the official, but I think our coaches had the last n-house. Oh well, it's a good class, but hemorrhaging a little at the end. And yes I know, Weathersby wasn't ever committed to us. I guess we'll have a reason to pay attention Wednesday.

secneahog

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 01, 2015, 01:21:35 pm
It just makes me wonder why he would visit anywhere else with all the offers he does have.

Maybe he was offered by them at one time and now they've pulled the offer. Recruiting is crazy. But if he was visiting those 3 guys would have said it by now. You can take that to the bank.

hawg1221

Quote from: Wildhog on February 01, 2015, 01:22:02 pm
It's been discussed on other boards.  He's visiting a smaller in-state school, and I'm also pretty sure the Henderson info is accurate.

It's not the U of A.

Ok. Did not know that.

secneahog

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2015, 01:23:21 pm
Correct on the official, but I think our coaches had the last n-house. Oh well, it's a good class, but hemorrhaging a little at the end. And yes I know, Weathersby wasn't ever committed to us. I guess we'll have a reason to pay attention Wednesday.

I believe Wallace was the same way. Heard Bama was getting him. Army game he picked up the Hog hat. I like our chances. This staff will make it happen.

Hogdomer

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2015, 01:23:21 pm

I've seen rumors he may commit to LSU today.