Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ty Storey named Parade All-American

Started by Bacon_Bitz, January 30, 2015, 10:15:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

yraciv

January 30, 2015, 10:18:39 am #1 Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:30:37 am by yraciv
Just to note, Parade is the heavily stat based award and doesn't put a lot of weight on future college success or high school competition.  Still an incredible accomplishment, but this is the award that got people all hyped about Ascolese the 2 star who still hasn't done a thing in college.

opineonswine

I will be shocked if he isn't highly succesful as an Arkansas QB.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: yraciv on January 30, 2015, 10:18:39 am
Just to note, Parade is the heavily stat based award and doesn't put a lot of weight on future college success or high school competition.  Still an incredible accomplishment, but this is the award that got people all hyped about over Ascolese the 2 star who still hasn't done a thing in college.

Yep.  All based on high school stats.  Still a nice award.

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

The real Hogules

Great award and well deserved! Ty can flat fling a football and isn't afraid to tuck it and run if his pass protection breaks down, or he can't find an open receiver.
If he doesn't start I hope that he's redshirted.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

IronMountainHog

I'm ashamed I'm 45 and cannot grow as manly a beard as his at 18.

presidenthog

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 30, 2015, 10:29:54 am
Great award and well deserved! Ty can flat fling a football and isn't afraid to tuck it and run if his pass protection breaks down, or he can't find an open receiver.
If he doesn't start I hope that he's redshirted.
The more I read on this board the more I question some of these posters iq. I'm not personally bashing you but I will say this is about the 10th post I've read in 15 min that makes mad that I read it. Ty isnt going to start and he will be redshirted it's not even remotely possible he will beat Brandon out no matter how much some of y'all think he sucks.

The Boar War

Just to note, Parade is the heavily stat based award and doesn't put a lot of weight on future college success or high school competition.  Still an incredible accomplishment, but this is the award that got people all hyped about Ascolese the 2 star who still hasn't done a thing in college.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Congratulations on becoming a Parade All American.

The real Hogules

Quote from: presidenthog on January 30, 2015, 10:36:10 am
The more I read on this board the more I question some of these posters iq. I'm not personally bashing you but I will say this is about the 10th post I've read in 15 min that makes mad that I read it. Ty isnt going to start and he will be redshirted it's not even remotely possible he will beat Brandon out no matter how much some of y'all think he sucks.
I don't think that BA sucks, I just happen to think that TS is that good.
I also believe that those doubting Storey's reddiness to compete this Fall are in for a surprise this Spring

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

PEtrader

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 30, 2015, 10:32:24 am

Hahaha, I feel ya.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 30, 2015, 10:41:46 am
I also believe that those doubting Storey's reddiness to compete this Fall are in for a surprise this Spring

I hope he's got more Razorbackness than Reddiness! We need a D1 QB.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 30, 2015, 10:41:46 am
Henderson State lock ???

razorbrass

Nooooo - that is the kiss of death.  Remember the last parade all-american QB we had - I can't remember his name either cause he washed out.  In all seriousness Congrats to Ty.  I am certain he will have a much more "storied" career at the UofA.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Vantage 8 dude

While I'll agree that such a designation guarantees absolutely nothing when it comes to future performance or success, the point is, as the OP indicated, the recognition is still a major achievement. Good for Ty.

welchog

Quote from: presidenthog on January 30, 2015, 10:36:10 am

Lighten up Francis.   No one here said BA sucks.

Let's say BA gets hurt (which has happened in both seasons he has started).  Would you put TS in or keep the RS on?  That is what sounds like is being asked.

pondwater jack

Quote from: The Boar War on January 30, 2015, 10:41:34 am

yes. Yes it is.

Yraciv! Are you still here?  Hey bub, I found an entire preschool full of kids just Waitin for the Easter Bunny.  Why don't you go break it to em?

Yraciv works in a hospital.  He gets paid to break bad news to people.  On the weekends he moonlights at Cummings and Tucker.  He throws the switch for the chair. 

I picture him walking down the road casually stopping to talk to some kind old granny about her early roses or garden....

"Don't put in too much time mrs. Stewart.  Gonna freeze tomorrow night.  It'll all be dead on saturday!  Just hate to see you work so hard for nothing....a with you being on the clock yourself. Have a nice day!"  (Walks away ...head down...smiling....hands in pockets... content)

PWJ
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

greasy_corner

Quote from: The Boar War on January 30, 2015, 10:41:34 am

Agreed. 

Congrats to Storey. 

LJHOG

MissippHog

Just wondering out loud here, but which is a better indicator of future success?  The elusive 5 star or being tabbed a Parade AA?
http://communitytable.com/9450/brianmclaughlin/nfl-draft-boasts-23-parade-all-america-alums/

WorfHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 30, 2015, 10:32:24 am

Get tested for low t man.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Pig In The City

Hogarusa

Great accomplishment for a small town arkansas high school kid.

100% Ty redshirts this fall. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

JackJohnson

Quote from: razorbrass on January 30, 2015, 10:46:16 am
Nooooo - that is the kiss of death.  Remember the last parade all-american QB we had - I can't remember his name either cause he washed out.  In all seriousness Congrats to Ty.  I am certain he will have a much more "storied" career at the UofA.

Ryan Mallett was a Parade AA

ricepig

The actual article in the Parade Magazine in the paper today only listed Murray as 1st team, Storey was listed with all the other QB's as "Honorable Mention".

secneahog

DWest said TS isn't that far behind like one might think. Could be 3rd string come spring. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 12:13:11 pm
DO said TS isn't that far behind like one might think. Could be 3rd string come spring. 

DO?

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

presidenthog

Quote from: welchog on January 30, 2015, 10:48:39 am
Lighten up Francis.   No one here said BA sucks.

Let's say BA gets hurt (which has happened in both seasons he has started).  Would you put TS in or keep the RS on?  That is what sounds like is being asked.
I believe Ty is the next qb here at ark. If he was good enough to push for a starting job i would still want him red crape'd. I think we will do fine with Brandon. But if Brandon was to get hurt then eat that red crape and never give Brandon the starting job back and don't look back.

ricepig

WBC Hog

He's going to redshirt. No doubt. BA, AA, and RP will all have to get hurt for Storey to play and let's hope that doesn't happen.

Once BA is gone next year, we will have an epic QB battle.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

OneTuskOverTheLine™

You leave cousin vinney alone..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PonderinHog

Been10Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2015, 11:56:37 am
The actual article in the Parade Magazine in the paper today only listed Murray as 1st team, Storey was listed with all the other QB's as "Honorable Mention".
So the actual paper was different than the link above? The link above if you go down below all the crap about Murray says:

Meet the 2015 Parade All-American First Team

OFFENSE

POS.

NAME

HT.

WT.

HIGH SCHOOL

COLLEGE*

QB

Kyler Murray

5-11

Allen (Allen, Texas)