Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Mad" Mike Singletary

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, December 27, 2010, 09:25:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

out, as coach of the 'niners.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2010/12/27/1898127/mike-singletary-fired-49ers-nfc-west

I wonder if the squabble with his starting qb sped up the process?

PP

CurDog64

I really liked him as a head coach. Hopefully he gets another gig somewhere soon.

Tony Perkis

Tennessee needs to seriously consider going after Mike.

Fort Dweller

If the squabble sped up the firing, then the Niners backed the wrong horse.  There is too much talent on the offensive side of the ball to have Alex or Troy Smith as the gunslinger.  Give that man a decent QB, and the Niners win 10+. 
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Der.Lunchbox

I think Singletary would be great as a college coach. So much passion, maybe too much, and he'd probably be great in a recruit's living room. I don't know how well his reaming of players would work on the college level though.
I am unabashedly a Bobby Petrino apologist. Anything the man says or does, I will justify as the right decision. The man can do no wrong in my eyes. That is all.

Johnny America

Since Troy Smith and Alex Smith will both be gone after the season I do not think that the argument sped up his firing. He was finished anyways. He needs to take a DC job somewhere and become a more solid coach before his next head job will come up.
God is not real.