Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Morris Looks Ahead to 2019 Class

Started by DuckTalesLOL, February 16, 2018, 02:25:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DuckTalesLOL

NuttinItUp

I liked the shots of the beauty of Northwest Arkansas that they spliced in.

Also, it sounds like the frontrunning name for the helicopter is going to be the Pork Chopper.

The NewEra

What a breath of fresh air Morris is.  This man has a plan and is intent on getting the program there.  There will be no stones left un-turned.

We've gone from darkness to light in terms of the man at the helm of this ship.

rljjr

I don't know how many games we'll win this year, but man, if the team buys in to what he's selling it is going to be exciting!

The NewEra

Quote from: rljjr on February 16, 2018, 02:49:57 pm
I don't know how many games we'll win this year, but man, if the team buys in to what he's selling it is going to be exciting!

Did you notice the heavy perspiration dripping off the kids and how they were grasping for breath?  They are working their rear ends off

Also, I really like the name "Pork Chopper" for the copter.  I wonder if he's going to fly both Arkansas and Texas on some Friday nights?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

With both Petrino & CBB someone from their previous stops had come right here to this board to let us know something negative about them. They had also done something or said something to give one or more of us a bad feeling. Hell.! We've even had folks scared of nothing about Morris because of darn that those two had said, but this guy really is the real deal. Those prayers we've been sending up may finally be answered.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HoGustav

I remember attending a playoff game between Allen and Westlake.
When Morris arrived in his Stangcopter everyone in that packed stadium took notice.
Maybe it's just a bunch of schlock, but the players, coaches, parents and fans knew what he was there for.

liljo

Very exciting time to be a Razorbacks fan. This entire staff, I believe, is on a mission. And if they succeed, they can write their own tickets to a great future. I can envision excellent young coaches wanting to come work for Coach Morris to the extent that he will always have a top-notch staff.

Go Hogs!
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

farmhawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 16, 2018, 03:01:31 pm
With both Petrino & CBB someone from their previous stops had come right here to this board to let us know something negative about them. They had also done something or said something to give one or more of us a bad feeling. Hell.! We've even had folks scared of nothing about Morris because of darn that those two had said, but this guy really is the real deal. Those prayers we've been sending up may finally be answered.
Totally Agree with you.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

jgphillips3

Only time will tell, but I think we got the steal of the decade with Morris.  Sometimes the right man comes along at the right time.  Morris deserves a few seasons before we start judging his results but I like everything about this man.  He was looking for a particular school with a particular set of attributes just like JFB was 60 years ago.  If he can get the recruits, we are going to enjoy football season for years to come and somewhere along the way, we may actually get a legitimate shot at the brass ring.

blu

Coach does very well in those one-on-one interviews. Comes across as very genuine, and with a definite vision for what he believes we can become.

Impressive.

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

redhogchilipepper

I would like to hear a what a player thinks about what has been going on and what they thought no about going forward

sickboy

He's like Houston Nutt without a shred of arrogance.

jgphillips3

Quote from: sickboy on February 17, 2018, 11:17:35 am

And a brain...

I can't shake how much he reminds me of JFB.

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 17, 2018, 11:27:08 am
And a brain...

I thought the exact same thing

sickboy

And a brain...

Yeah, he doesn't have that goofy jack rabbit thing Nutt had.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

When I see Morris, I too, think Frank Broyles. 

When i think about any coach I automatically turn on the parameters I would like to see.  Sort of like picking out a new date.

LOOKS:  Morris is easy on the eyes.  He looks successful, looks like he knows and understands that looks and presentation matters cause it does.  I know looks in both dates and coaches often shouldn't be considered as high as they do but that is out of my hands.

Intelligence:  May not be a Rhoades Scholar but appears to present as not a real dumbass like some coaches we've recently employed. 

ENERGY, EFFORT & DESIRE:  As best I can tell, absolutely no shortage here.  Seems to be full of all three.

PAST RECORD:  Admit he is short here at the college level.  I checked into this a bit and there are SOME circumstances but I still could not give Morris a raging review here.

CONTACTS IN AREA OF INTEREST:  There seems to be an abundance of this in the areas I believe we need abundance.

PEERS OPINIONS:  I haven't heard of any negative remarks and we know there should be somewhere.  But it sure seems there it is running at least 10 to 1 positive opinion versus negative.

SCHEME:  My unprofessional opinion is that his ideas have a decent chance to be successful.

STAFF:  For an early on College Coach, who had to find coaches willing to come to Arkansas when it is not a college football hotspot, Morris seems to have exceeded my expectations early on. 

EGO:  There is no doubt he has a huge one, but he also knows and understands when to curb it.  I don't think he will be telling any state coaching conventions about how bad their choice of schemes are in general, for the entire state and how his personal scheme will be kicking their asses.

RECRUITING:  I believe Morris will recruit at a level above anything we've seen since Holtz.  His scheme is currently popular among High School players.  Morris will sell the product in the very best profile he can.
Morris will get his and Arkansas' name in front of most recruits.  At least we will have our hat in the ring. 

To sum it up, the won/loss college record is the only negative thing that sticks out, you would have to believe he has a chance to be very good.  We just got rid of a HC who that won/loss college record was the ONLY thing he had going for him and history tells us how well that went.  Morris may be epic failure but I bet he doesn't.  I am happy with this hire.

SooieGeneris

And a brain...

I've heard for years that Holtz made a regular point in practices of saying something to the effect that Hooty was too dumb to learn his offense..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Dark Helmet Hog

It's easy to see why he knocked the interviews out of the park.

He may very well have exactly what it takes to succeed long term at Arkansas. We'll see.

Pigasaurus

I don't think anyone is going to out work this guy.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

farmhawg

And a brain...

I said that from day one, eerily similar.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: sickboy on February 17, 2018, 11:17:35 am

I'll go one further...he's got some of the good qualities of Nutt AND Petrino, but without the obvious bad. The ability to connect with folks on a personal level, and do it with some fire...and is clearly an offensive thinker and strategist of the highest order.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

PygmalionEffect2

Been a fan a long time and have seen plenty of ups and downs, but this last situation with CBB was different for some reason and really took something out of me.  Maybe a cumulative effect of the last seven years.  Felt a bit shell shocked and really didn't want to follow the recruiting until the last couple days because I knew it wasn't going to be a top class in terms of rankings.

Morris finished surprisingly strong which I took notice of.

Finally got to the point I can start watching some interviews with Morris and I'm impressed with what I'm seeing, a very polished professional with a lot of energy and enthusiasm.   Says the right things, very personable.  When he says he has relationships all over the country with high school coaches that could help our recruiting, it's believable.

Looks like he can walk the walk instead of just talk the talk.  We'll find out.

Wasn't that familiar with the other coaches that were interviewed for the job, like the fellow in Memphis and others, but can't really imagine that I would be any more impressed with them as I am with Morris so far.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

theFlyingHog

I REALLY wanted Norvell(some of you may remember my avi) but these days I think we went with the right guy. I didn't have a clue who CCM was but I've come around. It's awesome to see the energy after the lack of it the last five seasons..

Pork Twain

I'm all in on every coach, right up until they give me a reason not to  be.  I honestly don't think Morris will ever give me that reason.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

NuttinItUp

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: rljjr on February 16, 2018, 02:49:57 pm
... if the team buys in to what he's selling it is going to be exciting!

When you look into the eyes of his players as they listen in the classroom and work on the field, it's not hard to see that there is total buy in  by them in every phase of their interaction with him.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The NewEra on February 16, 2018, 02:53:32 pm
Did you notice the heavy perspiration dripping off the kids and how they were grasping for breath?  They are working their rear ends off

Also, I really like the name "Pork Chopper" for the copter.  I wonder if he's going to fly both Arkansas and Texas on some Friday nights?

I think Pork Chopper is the very best name out there.  I can see it now, a kid to his teammates as the whop, whop, whop is heard in the adjacent practice field:  "Here that, it's the Pork Chopper!"

Lao Tsuie

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 18, 2018, 10:23:25 am
When you look into the eyes of his players as they listen in the classroom and work on the field, it's not hard to see that there is total buy in  by them in every phase of their interaction with him.

Get the distinct feeling we will see a whole different team next year. This is beautiful.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Lao Tsuie on February 18, 2018, 01:20:22 pm
Get the distinct feeling we will see a whole different team next year. This is beautiful.

We have reasonable talent levels.  We now have coaches with a cohesive vision.  This team will win at least 7 ball games.  More importantly, we'll begin to see the future taking shape instead of sitting around waiting on things to fall apart again.  He still has to get the recruits and coach them up, but if he does, we are back.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2018, 10:52:20 pm
I'm all in on every coach, right up until they give me a reason not to  be.  I honestly don't think Morris will ever give me that reason.
Same here...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DeltaBoy

I happy with all I read and heard!  Coaches here in Texas respected and feared he might steal their best staff!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WBOBO

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

porkrindjimmy

Talked with a former players dad Friday, Petrino years. Son transferred to SMU. Says Morris is the real deal. He said if he gets the players, which he thinks he will, says the sky is the limit for the hogs. Says he will wear east Texas out.

I guarantee you we beat somebody we aren't supposed to this year....

PRJ

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on February 18, 2018, 08:59:01 pm
Talked with a former players dad Friday, Petrino years. Son transferred to SMU. Says Morris is the real deal. He said if he gets the players, which he thinks he will, says the sky is the limit for the hogs. Says he will wear east Texas out.

PRJ
Hope that somebody is his old friend Gus.

CFB_Fanatic

Al Boarland

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on February 18, 2018, 08:59:01 pm

PRJ

Love a "take it to the bank" post. They're the best.

rtr

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 20, 2018, 04:09:26 am
I love a challenge, Auburn or get this Alabama goes down to Hogs.  No fun unless you shoot for the stars. ;D
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

DeltaBoy

It will be a good class , this staff knows how to beat the bushes and find them.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 20, 2018, 04:09:26 am

I am glad you love them. I love that you love them.

We will beat somebody we aren't supposed to this year. I subscribe to the go hard or go home theory. You step up with the thought of winning every one of them. We don't have a soft, soothing, put a cold rag on your head for ya when you are feeling ill head coach anymore. We have a bonified killer as a head coach.

Wait and see.

PRJ

Vantage 8 dude

RedyorNot

If his energy and work effort translates to the players remotely I think we'll all be happy with the results. His switch seems to be constantly on-