Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SDS: Hardest Hitting Players in CFB for 2015 (per NFL.com)

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, June 09, 2015, 06:27:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Arkansas gets a mention again. Question is at Arkansas, who inherits Martrell Spaight's role as "the enforcer".

"Other SEC players who merit consideration — it would be too much to name them all — include Auburn's Cassanova McKinzy, Tennessee's Derek Barnett, Arkansas' Rohan Gaines and Vanderbilt's Nigel Bowden.

Who do you think are the hardest hitters in the SEC?"

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/nfl-com-names-most-physical-players-in-cfb/
Go Hogs Go!

GolfnHog

Mr. Foster's hit was impressive if not illegal. He launched himself into the ball carrier and further, he lead with his head but that's none of my business.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Poker_hog

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

MuskogeeHogFan

So who at Arkansas is the next Martrell Spaight? Not in the number of tackles but in terms of impact at contact?
Go Hogs Go!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: GolfnHog on June 09, 2015, 06:37:48 pm
Mr. Foster's hit was impressive if not illegal. He launched himself into the ball carrier and further, he lead with his head but that's none of my business.

Maybe by today's wussified standards, but he didn't try to initiate head to head contact (and didn't).  He also wrapped up and didn't seem to be trying to use the helmet as a weapon.

If he were on our team, I doubt you'd be stating the same opinion.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

HighcountryHog

Kenoy Kennedy was the last Razorback I remember being an absolute hammer when it came to hits/tackles.  Sure, we've had other guys who could lay solid hits, but Kennedy was known by about every team as being the guy you wanted to avoid. 
no bumps, no fat chicks

MissippHog

Quote from: highcount_hog on June 09, 2015, 08:57:03 pm
Kenoy Kennedy was the last Razorback I remember being an absolute hammer when it came to hits/tackles.  Sure, we've had other guys who could lay solid hits, but Kennedy was known by about every team as being the guy you wanted to avoid.
Ken Hamlin?

bennyl08

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 09, 2015, 07:31:24 pm
So who at Arkansas is the next Martrell Spaight? Not in the number of tackles but in terms of impact at contact?

As of right now that would have to be Gaines. He is the hardest hitter that we currently know about. However, given that we lost almost half of our starting defense from last year, there are plenty of new faces that could take that role.

Wise Jr. or one of the new starting LB's would be some of my predictions. We'll see less chances for Wise to hit hard, but of all the guys rushing the QB, I predict signal callers will fear being hit by him the most. However, a LB has the most opportunity along with safeties to have big hits. Half of our LB crew are converted safeties so there is ample opportunity for a head hunter to come from that group, perhaps Hackett if I had to choose.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

TheRazorback500

IMO Coley and/or Santos Ramirez could be. I'd keep an eye on Dre Greenlaw in August, also.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bennyl08 on June 09, 2015, 09:44:21 pm
As of right now that would have to be Gaines. He is the hardest hitter that we currently know about. However, given that we lost almost half of our starting defense from last year, there are plenty of new faces that could take that role.

Wise Jr. or one of the new starting LB's would be some of my predictions. We'll see less chances for Wise to hit hard, but of all the guys rushing the QB, I predict signal callers will fear being hit by him the most. However, a LB has the most opportunity along with safeties to have big hits. Half of our LB crew are converted safeties so there is ample opportunity for a head hunter to come from that group, perhaps Hackett if I had to choose.

Based on what we heard after the Spring, this guy gets my vote.
Go Hogs Go!

GolfnHog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on June 09, 2015, 08:35:44 pm
Maybe by today's wussified standards, but he didn't try to initiate head to head contact (and didn't).  He also wrapped up and didn't seem to be trying to use the helmet as a weapon.

If he were on our team, I doubt you'd be stating the same opinion.

The Razorbacks have been called for less, but apparently you see things differently than I do; In no way did he ever attempt to "wrap up". His arms would have had to been extended and they weren't.  Granted it wasn't "head to head" contact but leading w/ the head to make a tackle is  illegal.

Go ahead and keep doubting, you'd be wrong but I think we can both agree that if there was consistency in how the call was made, league wide, then we'd  be less apt to be so critical.

the "hit" that Gaines put on the TTU receiver last year was text book in planting a receiver but for a brief second (until replay) I thought surely he was going to get flagged but I was clear across the field and in the NW corner of the stadium where they had the majority of Hogs fans sitting.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

BornaHog

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on June 09, 2015, 09:46:51 pm
IMO Coley and/or Santos Ramirez could be. I'd keep an eye on Dre Greenlaw in August, also.

:razorback:

Ramirez laid a few licks, on special teams, that were talked about by the announcers last year, if I remember correctly.   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG