Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wise words from Mike Sherman

Started by LRHawg, June 08, 2015, 09:07:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHawg

I felt compelled to share this here, although I'm not certain if this is the best forum for it or not. While this is targeted at coaches, I feel like there's excellent advice for anyone in this letter. Worth the few minutes required to read.

http://footballscoop.com/news/read-this-youll-be-happy-you-did/

navyhog24

Now, he would be a good analyst for someone like ESPN to get, but I doubt he'd be interested in joining their buffoons on the network.

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 08, 2015, 09:50:48 am
Now, he would be a good analyst for someone like ESPN to get, but I doubt he'd be interested in joining their buffoons on the network.

He seems quite content with his current job.  Happy for him.

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/former-green-bay-packers-hc-mike-sherman-lands-new-gig-in-high-school-ranks-060515

ZERO

He really must have loved the high school and recruiting aspect of coaching at Texas A&M to be taking a HS HC position. I'm sure it was a very different experience from what he was used to in the NFL. Despite being slowly demoted as the years go on, he's still well-qualified to be a HC at a Div-1 direction school at this point if he wanted to be. Kind of refreshing to see a guy choose a job like this because he loved the atmosphere more than the money. Not that he's struggling on the money front, I'm sure.

Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Inhogswetrust

I can't stand the aggies but I've always respected Mike Sherman.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LRHawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 08, 2015, 01:15:03 pm
I can't stand the aggies but I've always respected Mike Sherman.

Agreed, he made it a little harder to hate them.

ZERO

Quote from: LRHawg on June 08, 2015, 02:14:05 pm
Agreed, he made it a little harder to hate them.

He made it a LOT harder since he seemed to love losing to us.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Vantage 8 dude

Total class act. No wonder the Aggies decided to get rid of him........

ChicoHog

From the outside looking in it seems Sherman is "substance over style" and Sumlin is "style over substance".  Of course today's kids want all style.  That's why BB takes his "umcommon men" approach.  He thinks about the substance part instead of the style part.  I love it and hope it succeeds.  And I hope the Aggies and Sumlin fall flat on their face. 

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"