Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danny Ford will be the 6th UA coach into the Hall of Fame. Who else will join them?

Started by Locutus_of_Boar, June 06, 2015, 11:42:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for all these Arkansas coaches who will eventually enter the college football HOF?

Ken Hatfield - Air Force, Arkansas, Rice
52 (44.4%)
Houston Dale Nutt - Boise State, Arkansas, Ole Miss
9 (7.7%)
Bobby Petrino - Louisville, Arkansas, WKU, Louisville
20 (17.1%)
Bret Bielema - Wisconsin, Arkansas
84 (71.8%)
Other still eligible for election
1 (0.9%)
Other not eligible that should have been elected.
1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 117

TOM "tbw1"

Anyone who cannot recognize the coaching ability of Danny Ford would also had trouble with any of the members of Coach Bryant's coaching tree.

Coach Ford was asked to do more with less than any Arkansas coach.  We were woefully unprepared for the SEC.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on June 08, 2015, 10:24:42 am
Ford was a recruiting cheater who had trouble winning when he couldn't commit a bunch of recruiting violations.

I just remember Ford not being able to remember any of the players' names:  "88 had a pretty good game" kind of stuff.

Reb, if you will go to YouTube you will see that Coach Bryant referred to Alabama players the same way in his weekly show.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

The Kig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on June 10, 2015, 11:31:39 am
He was an old school, country football coach.  It is also why some players of his couldn't stick around and play for him because they wanted to be coddled.  Each generation wants to be coddled a little more to where we have the extremely entitled millenials now. 

It is great to have a coach like Bielema. 

It isn't a Ford lovefest.  It is recognizing what the man did under the circumstances he did them while coaching here. 

Agreed, it is great to have CBB.  I don't have any issue with a hard nosed, old school coach barking at players... Making them better than they ever thought they could be.  Nor do I fundamentally have issue with the rah rah guys... The thing that both have to have to get results is substance, which is critical to get the players to buy in to what they are selling. 

Ford and Nutt were very different guys, but they shared one thing... They alienated the players because for both it was never really about the players.  Nutt was a goober.  Ford was an ass.  I called a friend of mine who played for Ford yesterday after reading this thread.  He was flabbergasted that he was being considered for the Hall.  This is from a guy who started several years and got so burned out from Ford's antics that he didn't attend an Arkansas game for almost 10 years after graduating.   
Poker Porker