Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUESTION: "That's a Man !!"

Started by threeNout, June 05, 2015, 07:54:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

threeNout

that was said by TV commentators in various forms more than once last year during Razorback games.

The instance I'm wanting to find, may have been the first, and funniest.

It was practically yelled, over exuberant.

I thought it was during the Texas Tech game, about Jonathan Williams, but I have watched virtually every play of that game and can't find it.

anyone remember what I'm talking about and what play it was?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: threeNout on June 05, 2015, 07:54:26 pm
that was said by TV commentators in various forms more than once last year during Razorback games.

I thought it was during the Texas Tech game, about Jonathan Williams, but I have watched virtually every play of that game and can't find it.

Go to about 7:00 on the video and wait, you get your answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1juN_cqbUA
Go Hogs Go!

threeNout

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 05, 2015, 08:13:15 pm
Go to about 7:00 on the video and wait, you get your answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1juN_cqbUA

thanks Muskogee, I found that one, and that may be it, maybe I just remembered it different.

TheRazorback500

The look on some of the Tech fans after our scores was priceless.

:razorback:

Do you wanna get Rocked?

threeNout

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on June 05, 2015, 08:52:43 pm
The look on some of the Tech fans after our scores was priceless.

:razorback:

oh yea, stunned disbelief.

I never laughed so hard during a Razorback game, I think it was Dan Patrick who offered up: "you know it can get pretty demoralizing when you just keep getting punched in the face play after play".

a lot of priceless moments in that game.

MissippHog

The best though was back in '07.  After DMAC had just dismantled the UT defense, Fulmer's reaction going into halftime was hilarious.  "He's all man, we have to tackle his butt!"
One of the funniest things I've seen.

threeNout

Quote from: MissippHog on June 05, 2015, 09:13:49 pm
The best though was back in '07.  After DMAC had just dismantled the UT defense, Fulmer's reaction going into halftime was hilarious.  "He's all man, we have to tackle his butt!"

good recollection there, that was pure D gold.

Dr. Starcs

Could not stand fat-faced Fulmer.

Will never forget his smug comments after the sturnover.

Inhogswetrust

The best "man" quote I ever heard in relation to a Hog was at halftime years ago when Phil Fulmer was asked at halftime about Darren Mc Fadden and he said "he's all man". Missipphog is right!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

FreshHog

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 05, 2015, 09:50:31 pm
The best "man" quote I ever heard in relation to a Hog was at halftime years ago when Phil Fulmer was asked at halftime about Darren Mc Fadden and he said "he's all man". Missipphog is right!
Couldn't you just have said "Missipphog is right" ? lol

hogsfan31

There was a reference to this when Ark played Texas A&M too. JWill powered into the endZone after being hit a couple of times and I believe it was Brock Huard (sp?) at least it sounded like him that said "that is a grown man Mark" "and that's all want to". Something like that.

rickm1976

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 05, 2015, 09:48:01 pm
Could not stand fat-faced Fulmer.

Will never forget his smug comments after the sturnover.

I had - almost, until you reminded me.  Thanks a lot.

bennyl08

We have to tackle his butt was from Spurrier at halftime
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BBsTheMan on June 05, 2015, 11:00:36 pm
Couldn't you just have said "Missipphog is right" ? lol

Sure I could have but maybe some others didn't read his post.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bennyl08 on June 06, 2015, 03:08:16 am
We have to tackle his butt was from Spurrier at halftime

Fulmer also.

P.S. Does that meet with your approval BB's....................

hoggusamoungus

Tennessee smoked us in 2007.  Maybe you're thinking of 2006.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=273142633

Jborohog09

5:31 for Fulmer's halftime interview in the 06 game.

rhames

Quote from: Jborohog09 on June 06, 2015, 10:57:07 am

Man just think what it would be like if we had a Marcus monk now.

2006 was a fun year
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

MissippHog

Quote from: Jborohog09 on June 06, 2015, 10:57:07 am

Thanks Jboro, should have know you would have had it  ;D  So great to see Fulmer stuttering and stammering.

The NewEra

This is my favorite opposing Fan Face from last year.

younghog

Quote from: The NewEra on June 07, 2015, 12:01:04 pm
This is my favorite opposing Fan Face from last year.

Yeah I have that PiC as well. Snap from DVR pause.. Classic
GO HOGS

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: threeNout on June 05, 2015, 09:13:33 pm
oh yea, stunned disbelief.

I never laughed so hard during a Razorback game, I think it was Dan Patrick who offered up: "you know it can get pretty demoralizing when you just keep getting punched in the face play after play".

a lot of priceless moments in that game.

Sometime in the second half, when everyone knew what we were going to do, but also knew they couldn't stop it, we ran right up the middle for a first down and one of the announcers said "this is just punishment".  Forever etched in my memory!

HogShat

Quote from: threeNout on June 05, 2015, 07:54:26 pm

The first thing that came to mind for me was a JWill TD where he got stood up on the goal line by a couple or three guys, his back bowed backwards then he just powered back over them into the endzone. I dont rememebr the opponent, but i remember something being said about big boy football!

Hey Super

TAMU when J Will broke 5 tackles on his way in to the end zone.

"That's a grown man"
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

NLRHog92

To me, our offense is more exciting now that under CBP. Just something about lining up and knocking the guy in front of you back, then your RB goes RIGHT UP THE GUT (Chris Berman style) and straight truck a defenseman gets me pumped the heck up! Heck, like mentioned above, even just doing it over and over again to then finally see the demoralized look on the opponent's face is priceless!

Hog N Bama

Great way to start my day with coffee. Watching some great beatdowns. Fulmer frustrated hehe  ;D   TT game is classic Bret Bielema football. Pound 'em till they just don't want to fight anymore!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: