Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

oh oh - Greg Childs tears ACL

Started by RazorRecruit, June 03, 2015, 04:36:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorRecruit

Its over. Training camp today in Winnipeg Childs tore his ACL - done for season. Probably forever. Think he would have enough of rehabbing. Maybe Arkansas can get this guy a a GA job if he wants to be around football as a coach which I think he would. And he will be good at it. Great person and a great Hog. And he is an Arkansas guy! which we all know.

darvin adams of auburn is tearing it up for the Blue Bombers at camp. and another ole miss wr ja-mes logan.

Hogberry Snortcake

Wow. Too bad.  Good luck to him with whatever comes next. 

LAHogfan123

Quote from: RazorRecruit on June 03, 2015, 04:36:51 pm
Its over. Training camp today in Winnipeg Childs tore his ACL - done for season. Probably forever. Think he would have enough of rehabbing. Maybe Arkansas can get this guy a a GA job if he wants to be around football as a coach which I think he would. And he will be good at it. Great person and a great Hog. And he is an Arkansas guy! which we all know.

I hate to hear this.  Childs has done everything short of having a miracle happen to him in having knee problems and yet every time he puts in all the hard work he get's a hard setback again.  I to hope if he wants to can get into a GA program with the Hogs and be apart of Football.  What a great Hog he was for our Program.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on June 03, 2015, 04:44:37 pm
I hate to hear this.  Childs has done everything short of having a miracle happen to him in having knee problems and yet every time he puts in all the hard work he get's a hard setback again.  I to hope if he wants to can get into a GA program with the Hogs and be apart of Football.  What a great Hog he was for our Program.

If I were Childs, I'd prob need to be watched for the next 72 hours.   This is beyond bad news, this is the type of thing that makes you wonder if someone has a voodoo doll of him and it's become personal.
Wow.   Just wow.

I truly wish him the best, and I hope he finds an easier time at life from here out.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

WardamnHOGGLE

rzrbackramsfan

How many times total has torn his acl?

jrhardy88

That's just terrible.Feel bad for someone who is apparently a terrific young man.Would love for him to come back to UA in some capacity.
Standing on the shoulders of giants.

WaltonCollege

This has to be at least his 4th torn acl right?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RazorRecruit on June 03, 2015, 04:36:51 pm

darvin adams of auburn is tearing it up for the Blue Bombers at camp. and another ole miss wr ja-mes logan.

I feel bad for him. God bless this young man and comfort him. How very disappointing for him.

That said, maybe Bielema can get him a coaching job somewhere, either college or Pro. Jerry could get it done with a phone call.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawgzinbowlz

Unfortunate. Hope the tables turn with Greg and he has better luck in the future.

A dominating Hog, in his prime.

" GO HOGS "

98hogs

Go the Anthony Lucas route,  btw, where is Lucas?

Hog Fan from Camden

Hate this for him.  Hopefully he bounces back from this even if it is not in football.

sickboy

Yikes. Kid's going to have a tough time walking one of these days.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on June 03, 2015, 05:25:57 pm
How many times total has torn his acl?

This would be the first. The other 3 were torn patellar tendons

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Orlandoback

Are we sure he tore his acl? I googled and the stories that came up said Achilles tendon. 

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Orlandoback on June 03, 2015, 08:41:42 pm
Are we sure he tore his acl? I googled and the stories that came up said Achilles tendon.

That's a difficult injury to recover. I tore mine out at interstate park trying to field a overthrown ball. Stepped into a hole hidden in the manicured grass. But it healed fine in the long run on its own. Took most of a year. Stayed bruised fro several months.

Greg is 10 years younger than I was when I tore mine and a much better athlete. He'll heal up.

He'll always be the guy who beat Jawja in Jawja and that makes him a special Hog. Get well Mr. Childs.

onebadrubi

I don't think he's tore too many ACL's previously.  I believe the vandy game then the first two times at the Vikings were patella tendon correct?  FYI ACL's are easier to recover from than patella tendons

intelligence

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on June 03, 2015, 09:44:34 pm
He'll always be the guy who beat Jawja in Jawja and that makes him a special Hog. Get well Mr. Childs.

This. big ups to Greg. we love you dawg  :razorback:

Hogs-n-Roses

"Childs Please"  Great kid. After that game at Georgia he took a minit coming out of the tunnel where the players exit at Ga. and signed my childs cap. As did most of the hogs that day. Good luck Mr. Childs.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: 98hogs on June 03, 2015, 06:02:03 pm
Go the Anthony Lucas route,  btw, where is Lucas?
I was thinking Anthony Lucas all over again as well!
If I am not mistaken Anthony is running a performance training center in LR. This was a few years ago so he may have moved on from that.

younghog

GO HOGS

hawgmasta

Ohhh man that's just terrible, what a bad run of luck for such an amazing athlete.  :'(

Here's to best wishes and prayers for recovery Child's Please! Always a hog!

clutch

Man, sure hope we don't have anymore stud WR's wear the #85. Must be cursed. First Monk, then Childs. Before injuries, both of those guys were NFL caliber football players.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: clutch on June 04, 2015, 09:12:29 am
Man, sure hope we don't have anymore stud WR's wear the #85. Must be cursed. First Monk, then Childs. Before injuries, both of those guys were NFL caliber football players.
yeah those two are probably the two beastiest WRs arkansas has ever had.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

jackflash

Must love the game. To go through what he has and play. I would given up long ago. Wish nothing but the best in the future.

Pigsknuckles

Some stuff just isn't fair. Wishing Greg the best.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hey Super

He was such a force in college. Our school will love him forever no matter what!  :razorback:
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Hogsolo

Hate to hear that.  He'll end up somewhere great and do something great.  Just too hard a worker not to be successful at something. 

DeltaBoy

Prayers sent. He a fine young man.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

fishes2000

Isn't Lucas the wr coach at Pulaski Academy?

thirrdegreetusker

When was the last time a Hog WR went to the pros, and stuck? Outside of Richard Wilson.

Derek Russell?

Boo Williams?

Bobby Duckworth?

threeNout

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on June 04, 2015, 04:45:06 pm
When was the last time a Hog WR went to the pros, and stuck? Outside of Richard Wilson.

Derek Russell?

Boo Williams?

Bobby Duckworth?

Jarius Wright.

Derek Russell probably had the best pro career of any former Hog WR

jgphillips3

This sucks.  I hate to hear that.

KlubhouseKonnected

This is proof that life is not fair. I will continue to root for him in whatever endeavor he chooses moving forward.

Football is just a chapter in your story Childs and whether you decide to turn the page now or not, remember that your great American novel is far from finished.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

johnfanman

You got to feel for the guy. I remember the play when he first injured his knee, granted I forget the team it was against. Horrible news, but I bet he is a resilient guy. Wish the best for him. He is a great Hog ambassador.
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

WoodyHog

I hate to hear this too, but I think he has a good future ahead of him.  Everyone has to hang up the spikes sometime.

lstewart

Lance Alworth managed to hang around a year or two as a receiver in the NFL. He is in the NFL hall of fame.

hoghearted

Terrible news. Such an exciting player to watch. Prayers for a swift recovery and a new passion/direction for him.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

WoodyHog

Quote from: lstewart on June 05, 2015, 01:09:00 pm
Lance Alworth managed to hang around a year or two as a receiver in the NFL. He is in the NFL hall of fame.

I'm sure Greg is devastated from his injury, but the truth is 95% of the guys struggling to try to make it playing single A baseball, arena league football, junior golf tours, etc. are going to have to move on to the rest of their lives when its clear they won't be able to make a living playing sports.  For a lot of them, that is an easier transition if it happens earlier in life -- I know it will be hard for Greg to give up on what has no doubt been a life long dream, but I know he will find success in his next pursuit.

hogball33

Prayers for Greg. Def be a good coach.

longtimeHogfan

According to the Winnipeg Sun he was in the Bomber's camp when he tore his Achilles tendon and is out for the year. 

I've been there and done that.  It's usually a totally fixable injury but the rehab is lengthy.  I had a sympathetic limp extending beyond a year even when technically I was 100%.  Of course I wasn't an athlete of Greg's caliber either.   

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/6/4/8727099/greg-childs-injury-woes-continue
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

jesterzzn

Quote from: lstewart on June 05, 2015, 01:09:00 pm

He wasn't a WR at Arkansas though.

redeye

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on June 04, 2015, 04:45:06 pm

Derek Russell?

Boo Williams?

Bobby Duckworth?

George Wilson, but he switched to safety.

I hate to hear that about Childs.   I think he was a better receiver then many of us realize, but it's just been one problem after another since that injury against Vandy.