Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prediction Lt Rock Attendance for Toledo game

Started by kevinagee, June 02, 2015, 11:19:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: moses_007 on June 04, 2015, 07:04:35 am
I'd rather see a prediction of when Wally Hall will retire from sports writing.  Three months until kickoff, and someone wants to know if the first game will be a sellout?  Only Jeff Long really cares.

First game is UTEP in Fayetteville, but thank you for playing.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: moses_007 on June 04, 2015, 07:04:35 am
I'd rather see a prediction of when Wally Hall will retire from sports writing.  Three months until kickoff, and someone wants to know if the first game will be a sellout?  Only Jeff Long really cares.

I bet the PTB's that manage WMS care also.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HillBillyHogfan

Things I learned during WMS visits

That a handlebar mustache is best for pleasing the little lady
That 4-wheelers are not allowed on the course
That chicks from South Arkansas will believe anything
That natural light ice is actually considered beer by some.
That you don't want to take a wrong turn and end up going south on Fair Park
That you can be an SEC school and play in a Sun Belt stadium
That Ned Perme is orange
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

mhsbc59

What i sense in the GSD, is less to do about the game and more to do about classism.

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on June 03, 2015, 02:19:32 pm
(#of neck tats * # of tramp stamps * # of people who have never stepped on UofA campus)/2 (for overlap ie person being in more than one group). * average BAC of the group as a total.

I'm not talking total I'm talking number that you see while there because you can't possibly see all of them.  Example say you can actually notice 500 people.  I'm estimating at least 50 neck tats, * 100 tramp stamps * 100 people who have never stepped on UofA campus.  That equals let's see carry the drunk and it is 500,000 divide by the overlap factor =250,000 * BAC which should be at least .20 and that gets you 50,000.  Decent estimate, if you want to get more accurate add the number of recent parolees or registered sex offenders that shouldn't be there and that gets you close to actual.

I dont have any tattoos. Neither does my wife.  Neither of us went to UA. That doesnt make us any less Hog fans. Im from Memphis. Im a hog fan because my dad who is from central Arkansas took me to as many Little Rock games as we could go to back then. He owned his own Construction company and could really only get away for the one day a weekend.  Which from Memphis to Little Rock is way easier than Memphis to Fayettville especially before the interstate was built.  Why are there those of you that look down on us hog fans that like Little Rock games and did not go to the UA.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

ricepig

Quote from: mhsbc59 on June 04, 2015, 04:44:39 pm
What i sense in the GSD, is less to do about the game and more to do about classism.

I dont have any tattoos. Neither does my wife.  Neither of us went to UA. That doesnt make us any less Hog fans. Im from Memphis. Im a hog fan because my dad who is from central Arkansas took me to as many Little Rock games as we could go to back then. He owned his own Construction company and could really only get away for the one day a weekend.  Which from Memphis to Little Rock is way easier than Memphis to Fayettville especially before the interstate was built.  Why are there those of you that look down on us hog fans that like Little Rock games and did not go to the UA.

You don't like games in Fayetteville?

mhsbc59

Quote from: ricepig on June 04, 2015, 04:58:18 pm
You don't like games in Fayetteville?

No i live in Memphis and Little rock is easier to get to.  I make about 3 to 4 games a year and Little is always less stressful.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

ricepig

Quote from: mhsbc59 on June 04, 2015, 05:03:07 pm
No i live in Memphis and Little rock is easier to get to.  I make about 3 to 4 games a year and Little is always less stressful.

Well, the program can't be about you, lol.

Hogfaniam

Drive up to Jonesboogie and fly with rice
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: mhsbc59 on June 04, 2015, 04:44:39 pm

I can see where that is difficult for many fans. And I understand that driving from Memphis all the way to Fayetteville makes a weekend trip more difficult only to have to pay higher prices for hotels. That sucks, but it does make every trip that you make that much more memorable even though it would be nice for folks like you if we played three games each year in WMS.

Consider yourself lucky, to an extent. My Dad was born in NW Arkansas and was a life long Hog Fan but never had his own construction company where he could take time to get away let alone be able to afford to pay for the trip to Fayetteville or buy tickets. And we were only 2 hours away. My Dad worked two jobs to make ends meet and if we got to watch an Arkansas game it was because it was on t.v. and he just happened to be off on that Saturday. Otherwise, I was watching on t.v. by myself or trying to catch it on the radio, which was difficult given that we lived nearer to Tulsa than to Fayetteville.

We all have regrets and I don't say any of this to diminish your feelings about all of this. I'm just saying that times have changed. Costs are higher for every school and it is difficult to justify playing games in places where you lose potential money over playing on campus. That said, we are still playing in L.R., even if it isn't 2-3 games each year.

I'd like to see the State of Arkansas plow enough money into that stadium in L.R. that they could improve facilities and expand seating to at least 65,000-70,000, but that brings the question of ROI (return on investment) to the forefront and I am not sure that there are any series of events that they could reasonably schedule every year to bear the burden of debt that would come from that expansion/improvement.

It's sad. I would like to see games stay in Little Rock. It's a tradition. But it still has to make sense to those who have a fiduciary responsibility to the University and the State.
Go Hogs Go!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HillBillyHogfan on June 04, 2015, 03:28:02 pm
Things I learned during WMS visits

That a handlebar mustache is best for pleasing the little lady
That 4-wheelers are not allowed on the course
That chicks from South Arkansas will believe anything
That natural light ice is actually considered beer by some.
That you don't want to take a wrong turn and end up going south on Fair Park
That you can be an SEC school and play in a Sun Belt stadium
That Ned Perme is orange

This could be post of the day!!  +1 !!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

bphi11ips

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 04, 2015, 06:30:55 pm
I can see where that is difficult for many fans. And I understand that driving from Memphis all the way to Fayetteville makes a weekend trip more difficult only to have to pay higher prices for hotels. That sucks, but it does make every trip that you make that much more memorable even though it would be nice for folks like you if we played three games each year in WMS.

Consider yourself lucky, to an extent. My Dad was born in NW Arkansas and was a life long Hog Fan but never had his own construction company where he could take time to get away let alone be able to afford to pay for the trip to Fayetteville or buy tickets. And we were only 2 hours away. My Dad worked two jobs to make ends meet and if we got to watch an Arkansas game it was because it was on t.v. and he just happened to be off on that Saturday. Otherwise, I was watching on t.v. by myself or trying to catch it on the radio, which was difficult given that we lived nearer to Tulsa than to Fayetteville.

We all have regrets and I don't say any of this to diminish your feelings about all of this. I'm just saying that times have changed. Costs are higher for every school and it is difficult to justify playing games in places where you lose potential money over playing on campus. That said, we are still playing in L.R., even if it isn't 2-3 games each year.

I'd like to see the State of Arkansas plow enough money into that stadium in L.R. that they could improve facilities and expand seating to at least 65,000-70,000, but that brings the question of ROI (return on investment) to the forefront and I am not sure that there are any series of events that they could reasonably schedule every year to bear the burden of debt that would come from that expansion/improvement.

It's sad. I would like to see games stay in Little Rock. It's a tradition. But it still has to make sense to those who have a fiduciary responsibility to the University and the State.

Sense is not always about cents.  Fiduciary duty isn't either, although I doubt any is owed here where that issue is concerned.

You're a smart guy.  Compare the endowments of Arkansas State and Arkansas with the endowments of Mississippi State and Ole Miss and ask yourself what factors over the last century might possibly have affected the vast difference between the schools in Arkansas.  Could it have as much to do with the hearts of donors than anything else?  Where did those donors live, and what captured their hearts?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 05, 2015, 06:02:25 am
Sense is not always about cents.  Fiduciary duty isn't either, although I doubt any is owed here where that issue is concerned.

You're a smart guy.  Compare the endowments of Arkansas State and Arkansas with the endowments of Mississippi State and Ole Miss and ask yourself what factors over the last century might possibly have affected the vast difference between the schools in Arkansas.  Could it have as much to do with the hearts of donors than anything else?  Where did those donors live, and what captured their hearts?

I understand and I don't necessarily disagree. I didn't start this ball rolling and neither did you, but I doubt that there is anything that either of us can do about it. Like I said, I'd like to see games stay in Little Rock, it is a long standing tradition. I'm just not sure how much longer that tradition is going to remain in place.
Go Hogs Go!

Inhogswetrust

That's interesting.....I live in Bartlett a Memphis suburb and would much rather drive the distance to RRS than WMS. Distance does not have to be equated with "stressful".
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bphi11ips

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 05, 2015, 06:12:03 am
I understand and I don't necessarily disagree. I didn't start this ball rolling and neither did you, but I doubt that there is anything that either of us can do about it. Like I said, I'd like to see games stay in Little Rock, it is a long standing tradition. I'm just not sure how much longer that tradition is going to remain in place.

No advocacy from me above. Just observations from a Little Rock native who grew up attending games in Fayetteville and Little Rock before graduating from Fayetteville, like generations of my central Arkansan grandparents and parents who were donors and season ticket holders.  There are many, many of us out there, and few of us have so much as a pink ribbon tat. 

It tickles me, and irks me at the same time, to see references to the classless crowd in Little Rock.  Until very recently in the scheme of things, North West Arkansas's population was comprised of college students, professors and UA employees, chicken farmers, truck drivers, itinerant workers, and hillbillies.  The majority of the crowd in Fayetteville was composed of upper income families from the rest of the state.  There were no tailgates on the golf course, and if a fan at WMS was drunk, it was because of the highballs he had at a cocktail party before the game and maybe because of the half pint of Jack Daniels he stuck in his pocket and added to his Coke.  Dress was business casual well into the 90's.

The other thing that tickles me is that so many here think that Northwest Arkansas is now a big city.  Google a satellite image of the area at night and find the comma that is the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers MSA.  An interstate spur and a few national chain restaurants does not a big city make.  But for the fact that Bentonville provided Sam Walton the opportunity to hunt quail in four staggered seasons, the population on the sign coming in from the west on Highway 16 would be closer to the 38,000 it read in 1990 than the 78,000 or so I saw the last time I was there a few years ago.  And you'd still be flying in over the mountain south east of Fayetteville.  Bentonville is one decision away from being Detroit, and that decision may come at some point in the future.

Mike Irwin is right.  NWA can't fill RRS - not for six games or for eight games.  Some of the decision makers on The Hill now don't understand the dynamics of Arkansas.  There's a reason that only 9% of Arkansas fans are alumni as reported in another current thread.  The other 91% are fans because of policies and practices consciously implemented by UofA leadership for over a century. 

None of this is intended to suggest that games should be played in WMS after the current contract is up.  It is intended to cause the reader to pause and think about the ridiculous statements some posters make on Hogville.     

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 05, 2015, 11:53:17 am
No advocacy from me above. Just observations from a Little Rock native who grew up attending games in Fayetteville and Little Rock before graduating from Fayetteville, like generations of my central Arkansan grandparents and parents who were donors and season ticket holders.  There are many, many of us out there, and few of us have so much as a pink ribbon tat. 

It tickles me, and irks me at the same time, to see references to the classless crowd in Little Rock.  Until very recently in the scheme of things, North West Arkansas's population was comprised of college students, professors and UA employees, chicken farmers, truck drivers, itinerant workers, and hillbillies.  The majority of the crowd in Fayetteville was composed of upper income families from the rest of the state.  There were no tailgates on the golf course, and if a fan at WMS was drunk, it was because of the highballs he had at a cocktail party before the game and maybe because of the half pint of Jack Daniels he stuck in his pocket and added to his Coke.  Dress was business casual well into the 90's.

The other thing that tickles me is that so many here think that Northwest Arkansas is now a big city.  Google a satellite image of the area at night and find the comma that is the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers MSA.  An interstate spur and a few national chain restaurants does not a big city make.  But for the fact that Bentonville provided Sam Walton the opportunity to hunt quail in four staggered seasons, the population on the sign coming in from the west on Highway 16 would be closer to the 38,000 it read in 1990 than the 78,000 or so I saw the last time I was there a few years ago.  And you'd still be flying in over the mountain south east of Fayetteville.  Bentonville is one decision away from being Detroit, and that decision may come at some point in the future.

Mike Irwin is right.  NWA can't fill RRS - not for six games or for eight games.  Some of the decision makers on The Hill now don't understand the dynamics of Arkansas.  There's a reason that only 9% of Arkansas fans are alumni as reported in another current thread.  The other 91% are fans because of policies and practices consciously implemented by UofA leadership for over a century. 

None of this is intended to suggest that games should be played in WMS after the current contract is up.  It is intended to cause the reader to pause and think about the ridiculous statements some posters make on Hogville.     

It's HV, people make those statements to raise your blood pressure, as do those who live elsewhere. Truthfully, you don't find the average fan taking pot shots at others, they'll go to the games wherever they are, and whatever they can afford/work into their schedule.

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on June 05, 2015, 12:07:49 pm
It's HV, people make those statements to raise your blood pressure, as do those who live elsewhere. Truthfully, you don't find the average fan taking pot shots at others, they'll go to the games wherever they are, and whatever they can afford/work into their schedule.

A few are trolls.  I couldn't care less about them.  Others are simply uneducated and/or young without the frame of reference you and I have.  That post was for them.

My sense is the OP is part of the uneducated/young group.   

Großer Kriegschwein

One of my favorite posts on Hogville. Ever.
This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 05, 2015, 12:17:43 pm
A few are trolls.  I couldn't care less about them.  Others are simply uneducated and/or young without the frame of reference you and I have.  That post was for them.

My sense is the OP is part of the uneducated/young group.   

Times change, my first game was in 1967 in LR, but we drove 3hrs to it from NEA. I would like to see a spreadsheet on where season ticket holders are from, and compare it to the 80's.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 05, 2015, 12:35:50 pm
Times change, my first game was in 1967 in LR, but we drove 3hrs to it from NEA. I would like to see a spreadsheet on where season ticket holders are from, and compare it to the 80's.

I agree times have changed in that regard. You can make that trip now in about one and a half hours.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on June 05, 2015, 12:51:48 pm
I agree times have changed in that regard. You can make that trip now in about one and a half hours.

No you can't.

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on June 05, 2015, 12:35:50 pm

Times are like people.  They change, but not much.

My guess is you would see a spike in the Bentonville area, primarily related to business, and you would see an overall spike in NWA correlating to the spike in population.  But you would see historic consistency in season ticket holders across the state, especially within families/alumni.  Many are like you.  Multi-generational fans with disposable income.  Not all are from central Arkansas by any stretch. 

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 05, 2015, 12:53:16 pm
No you can't.

Let's put it this way: I can get on the interstate (Hwy 67) from the connector road (Hwy 226) and be getting off in Pine Bluff in about 2 hours.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on June 05, 2015, 12:53:16 pm
No you can't.

I checked Google maps and it could be done in about 2 hours from Jonesboro to WMS based on distance, speed and traffic.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on June 05, 2015, 01:03:38 pm
Let's put it this way: I can get on the interstate (Hwy 67) from the connector road (Hwy 226) and be getting off in Pine Bluff in about 2 hours.

But nobody wants to get off in Pine Bluff..........................

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on June 05, 2015, 01:03:38 pm

Which isn't the same as driving to WMS on game day, which is what I referenced in my post.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 05, 2015, 01:25:48 pm

Which isn't the same as driving to WMS on game day, which is what I referenced in my post.

True. On game day depending on the traffic it could take 2 hours. The construction (there's a lot of it now) will slow you down too.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: GuvHog on June 05, 2015, 01:30:32 pm
True. On game day depending on the traffic it could take 2 hours. The construction (there's a lot of it now) will slow you down too.

That, and Golden Corral.  Got to stop at GC
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

FATHAWG08

Quote from: kevinagee on June 02, 2015, 11:19:35 am
Do you think the Rock will sell out for Toledo or look half empty? As judging by the select your seat process for season ticket holders. Lt. Rock had so many seats to choose from available for Toledo all over the stadium. I do not get having to pay extra the foundation fee money for Little Rock games as its obvious that money is not going towards upgrading the stadium or even keeping the score board clock working a full half. Let alone the complete game. My guess for the Toledo game is 40 to 45K. Not a sell out. Also when game is closer in date to being played ticket prices may drop to get that many to buy and make the trip.

It will be interesting whom the last SEC game will be left to play on the previous contact will be and what year it will be played in the Rock. As Arkansas owes Lt. Rock one more SEC game. Already looks like next years opponent will be LA Tech. maybe.
I know the game would not be a sell out in Fayetteville for sure.
I love off season Football!!

ricepig

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on June 05, 2015, 03:15:48 pm
I know the game would not be a sell out in Fayetteville for sure.

Still more than WMS.........

HogWall Jackson

Now for the Real Question? How many Porta-Johns will be deployed?

rhames

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on June 05, 2015, 03:24:57 pm
Now for the Real Question? How many Porta-Johns will be deployed?

Or destroyed

Come to think of it, WMS is just a giant porta potty
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rhames on June 05, 2015, 03:27:30 pm

Or destroyed

Come to think of it, WMS is just a giant porta potty

I've always wondered how they fumigated and sanitized the golf course after a game....................................

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 05, 2015, 08:53:41 am
That's interesting.....I live in Bartlett a Memphis suburb and would much rather drive the distance to RRS than WMS. Distance does not have to be equated with "stressful".

I know Bartlett well was kicked out of the Buffalo Wild wings there back in 08 after the Florida game. Dang those Refs. Yell at the screen one time lol I digress.  But yes a 2 hour drive verse a 5 hour drive being able to recover on sunday and not have to be driving on Sunday Little Rock is easier for me.  BUt i make more Fayeteville game than i do Little rock

mhsbc59

Well said

HillBillyHogfan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 04, 2015, 06:30:55 pm

Good post,

I love attending game at little rock, it is more of a "natural light" crowd and I love it! Im not educated to all the demographics of the two MSA's but a quick wiki search shows that the median income is significantly higher in the NWA than in the LR MSA.  I think the casual observer can see that Little Rock attracts a more blue collar crowd... no matter where they are driving in from.  To me Fayetteville is a Neil Diamond concert and Little Rock is a Skynard/Hank show.

With that said, the stadium in LR is down right embarrassing to me.  It is a dang shame that High Schools in Texas have nicer stadiums.  If Central Arkansas can't figure out a way to resurrect the old lady then its time to put her in the ground.

Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on June 07, 2015, 01:49:46 pm
I know Bartlett well was kicked out of the Buffalo Wild wings there back in 08 after the Florida game. Dang those Refs. Yell at the screen one time lol I digress.  But yes a 2 hour drive verse a 5 hour drive being able to recover on sunday and not have to be driving on Sunday Little Rock is easier for me.  BUt i make more Fayeteville game than i do Little rock

My reply was more about how distance and time doesn't always have to mean "stress". Nothing more intended. I actually enjoy the drive to Fayetteville more than the drive to LR from Memphis due to the fact that the drive from LR to Fayetteville takes away some of the boredom of the portion from Memphis to LR. It also is more scenic and has more options for stopping for decent food. 

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 08, 2015, 11:33:22 am
My reply was more about how distance and time doesn't always have to mean "stress". Nothing more intended. I actually enjoy the drive to Fayetteville more than the drive to LR from Memphis due to the fact that the drive from LR to Fayetteville takes away some of the boredom of the portion from Memphis to LR. It also is more scenic and has more options for stopping for decent food. 

Shopping and food? I like a good meal as much as the next but I'm bring all my tailgate food with me.  I would also prefer to have the 6 total more hours of drive time involved back at my house on Sunday than on the interstate.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on June 08, 2015, 08:33:07 pm
Shopping and food? I like a good meal as much as the next but I'm bring all my tailgate food with me.  I would also prefer to have the 6 total more hours of drive time involved back at my house on Sunday than on the interstate.

I didn't say sHopping and food........I said sTopping for food...............as in restaurants.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 08, 2015, 11:33:22 am

And then there is the truck traffic. Good grief.
Go Hogs Go!

bphi11ips

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 09, 2015, 08:26:42 am

Yeah, cuz there are no trucks between Little Rock and Fort Smith on I-40.

And Russellville and Conway offer a plethora of dining options that would make Anthony Bourdain's mouth water.  And then you have the Alma Sonic.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: kevinagee on June 02, 2015, 11:19:35 am
Do you think the Rock will sell out for Toledo or look half empty? As judging by the select your seat process for season ticket holders. Lt. Rock had so many seats to choose from available for Toledo all over the stadium. I do not get having to pay extra the foundation fee money for Little Rock games as its obvious that money is not going towards upgrading the stadium or even keeping the score board clock working a full half. Let alone the complete game. My guess for the Toledo game is 40 to 45K. Not a sell out. Also when game is closer in date to being played ticket prices may drop to get that many to buy and make the trip.

It will be interesting whom the last SEC game will be left to play on the previous contact will be and what year it will be played in the Rock. As Arkansas owes Lt. Rock one more SEC game. Already looks like next years opponent will be LA Tech. maybe.

Fuller than full. The place will be packed. What a crazy thought you had.
[CENSORED]!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 09, 2015, 08:26:42 am

No kidding! The truck traffic between Memphis and LR is as bad as practically anywhere I've ever been and I've been all over the country just about. Not only that but TDOT is planning to completely close the old I-55 bridge between West Memphis and Memphis in a year or so for constructing a new interchange in Memphis (it is badly needed). That means ALL the traffic will be rerouted over the I-40 new bridge making it even worse than now! 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 09, 2015, 08:48:46 am

And Russellville and Conway offer a plethora of dining options that would make Anthony Bourdain's mouth water.  And then you have the Alma Sonic.

There isn't a decent place close to the interstate between Memphis and LR to eat. There are some between LR and Fayetteville.

HillBillyHogfan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 09, 2015, 09:25:30 am
There isn't a decent place close to the interstate between Memphis and LR to eat. There are some between LR and Fayetteville.

I guess you have never been to Craig's in DeVall's Bluff?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HillBillyHogfan on June 09, 2015, 10:03:29 am
I guess you have never been to Craig's in DeVall's Bluff?

Pass it all the time when I go visit my wife's relatives.......................besides I said close to the interstate. There are good places to eat in East Arkansas and Craig's is one of them, just not close to the interstate.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 09, 2015, 10:14:12 am
Pass it all the time when I go visit my wife's relatives.......................besides I said close to the interstate. There are good places to eat in East Arkansas and Craig's is one of them, just not close to the interstate.

There used to be a good Bonanza Restaurant about a block from the interstate in Forrest City. I don't know if it's still there or not.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on June 09, 2015, 10:29:36 am
There used to be a good Bonanza Restaurant about a block from the interstate in Forrest City. I don't know if it's still there or not.

Bonanza good? I think you got this in the wrong thread Gov............there is one somewhere else that mentions comedy.

mhsbc59

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 09, 2015, 08:48:46 am

Can never discount the Alma sonic

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 09, 2015, 09:25:30 am

Why would you need to stop between Memphis and Little Rock any way eat in Memphis then eat in Littel roock only 130 miles or so

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on June 09, 2015, 10:43:19 am
Why would you need to stop between Memphis and Little Rock any way eat in Memphis then eat in Littel roock only 130 miles or so

MAYBE I get hungry...........either on the way over or on the way back.