Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prediction Lt Rock Attendance for Toledo game

Started by kevinagee, June 02, 2015, 11:19:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 09, 2015, 10:47:59 am
MAYBE I get hungry...........either on the way over or on the way back.

Guess i don't understand the absolute necessity to eat within a 2 hour time frame in-between two major metropolitan cities.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on June 09, 2015, 11:03:09 am
Guess i don't understand the absolute necessity to eat within a 2 hour time frame in-between two major metropolitan cities.

Did I say it was a necessity? Nope. However sometimes circumstances aren't always so clear cut. MAYBE I would like the option of simply getting off the road for a little while to rest and thus eat at the time I normally would or something else, etc. It doesn't make a difference to some when they eat but it does to others. It wasn't about WHY I think there is a need for a good place to eat there............it was about a lack of options available. We sometimes take a snack to eat on the way KNOWING there isn't a good place to stop and eat on that stretch of road. It would be nice to know that there was a good place. How about tourist and out of staters wanting to stop and eat and don't know there is nothing available? That reflects poorly on that part of the state to them. Especially if they stop and do get a bad meal. Heck as far as I'm concerned the ONLY even halfway decent places in that drive are one or two fast food franchises (and one little mexican place in Lonoke) but most of them are bad! We have started to stop at that little mexican restaurant in Lonoke. Why would we do that instead of stopping in NLR or LR as you would suggest? Simply because we know we will not have to wait for a table, fight traffic or because we decided to wait and drive a little bit more before stopping especially on the way back. IF you live in an East Arkansas town wouldn't it be nice to have a decent place to eat when you feel like going out and not have to drive a long ways?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 09, 2015, 11:11:49 am
Did I say it was a necessity? Nope. However sometimes circumstances aren't always so clear cut. MAYBE I would like the option of simply getting off the road for a little while to rest and thus eat at the time I normally would or something else, etc. It doesn't make a difference to some when they eat but it does to others. It wasn't about WHY I think there is a need for a good place to eat there............it was about a lack of options available. We sometimes take a snack to eat on the way KNOWING there isn't a good place to stop and eat on that stretch of road. It would be nice to know that there was a good place. How about tourist and out of staters wanting to stop and eat and don't know there is nothing available? That reflects poorly on that part of the state to them. Especially if they stop and do get a bad meal. Heck as far as I'm concerned the ONLY even halfway decent places in that drive are one or two fast food franchises (and one little mexican place in Lonoke) but most of them are bad! We have started to stop at that little mexican restaurant in Lonoke. Why would we do that instead of stopping in NLR or LR as you would suggest? Simply because we know we will not have to wait for a table, fight traffic or because we decided to wait and drive a little bit more before stopping especially on the way back. IF you live in an East Arkansas town wouldn't it be nice to have a decent place to eat when you feel like going out and not have to drive a long ways?

Stop and see Ms Ella at Bakers BBQ in Brinkley.  I know you have a certain predilection for  certain types of dining establishments. We all do, but it can be good to slum it sometimes just to reset things.  It's basically a country food truck without a motor.  Yeah, a travel trailer converted.  And it's highly recommended for get n go or just sitting at the picnic table if the weather is nice enough.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Inhogswetrust

June 09, 2015, 11:50:31 am #103 Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:02:03 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Hogfaniam on June 09, 2015, 11:27:56 am
Stop and see Ms Ella at Bakers BBQ in Brinkley.  I know you have a certain predilection for  certain types of dining establishments. We all do, but it can be good to slum it sometimes just to reset things.  It's basically a country food truck without a motor.  Yeah, a travel trailer converted.  And it's highly recommended for get n go or just sitting at the picnic table if the weather is nice enough.

Will do. Thanks for the recommendation.............I like Diner, Drive-ins and Dives types places............especially BBQ. (My cousin used to own one of those trailer types). I had perhaps the best smoked turkey ever from a place like that in Jackson MS once a long time ago. My Dad traveled almost the whole state when working for AP&L years ago when I was a kid. He knew every little place like that whether it was good or bad. Unfortunately most are closed now.

P.S.  We ate last weekend on a Bourbon Tour in Frankfort, Kentucky at a place that was featured on that TV show called Rick's White Light Diner. I highly recommend it!

P.S.S. The Guy Fieri (Host of the TV show) chain called Johnny Garlic's is not that great.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bphi11ips

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 09, 2015, 10:14:12 am
Pass it all the time when I go visit my wife's relatives.......................besides I said close to the interstate. There are good places to eat in East Arkansas and Craig's is one of them, just not close to the interstate.

Try Nick's Barbeque at the Carlisle exit.  Can't go wrong with barbeque or catfish. And take some fried pies with you for later.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 09, 2015, 12:04:24 pm
Try Nick's Barbeque at the Carlisle exit.  Can't go wrong with barbeque or catfish. And take some fried pies with you for later.

Been there done that several times. Have had both good and bad meals there. Recently mostly bad. Fried Pies were not that great. A good friend of mine owns a couple of gas station convenience stores in Carlisle. My wife has family there.

P.S. I've ate at probably every sit down restaurant along that route over the years. It's funny how they seem to come and go and are usually not that good. The sad part is 99% of the fast food franchises are bad in that stretch! A couple are fine.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 09, 2015, 10:32:17 am
Bonanza good? I think you got this in the wrong thread Gov............there is one somewhere else that mentions comedy.

Not comedy. That Bonanza is an exception to the rule.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on June 09, 2015, 03:59:21 pm
Not comedy. That Bonanza is an exception to the rule.

Nope.....Bonanza = comedy.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 09, 2015, 04:06:45 pm
Nope.....Bonanza = comedy.

I remember in about 74 or 75, they were a pretty innovative restaurant.