Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phil Steele releases preseason All-SEC

Started by Polecat, June 01, 2015, 11:44:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Wildhog

I think they should flip flop JWill and AC.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorWhacker

Hunter Henry 3rd team? Phil stepped on his d$@k there.

opineonswine

He doesn't think much of the Hogs I see.  Oh well...prove him wrong.

HVHog

no respect for our defense whatsoever.  Not one player mentioned.

sowmonella

6 on first three teams on offense zero on defense. ???
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Paul

This list should be posted in the workout room for motivation

Polecat

Quote from: Paul on June 01, 2015, 12:00:13 pm

totally agree
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: opineonswine on June 01, 2015, 11:58:51 am
He doesn't think much of the Hogs I see.  Oh well...prove him wrong.

My thoughts.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

lahawg1

As others have said, no defensive players and no special teams players either. I had rather have 11 that played together than two "superstars" that disrupted the unit.

bennyl08

I could understand him not really having anyone other than Ellis on defense if he didn't have players like J. Robinson from Auburn in their. However, how Ellis isn't listed out of 16 LB spots is beyond me.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Sir Oinksalot

...he seems to like the West, 17 outta 22 first team...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

kingcam25

apparently JWILL is not happy per his twitter. I dont blame hime

presidenthog

Quote from: bennyl08 on June 01, 2015, 01:06:10 pm
I could understand him not really having anyone other than Ellis on defense if he didn't have players like J. Robinson from Auburn in their. However, how Ellis isn't listed out of 16 LB spots is beyond me.
I also agree with this. I can't believe based on his production alone that HH isn't higher. Doesn't oj Howard only have like 2 tds? also I have a bone to pick with everyone on the johnson bus for auburn. he had one half against a bad arkansas defense but everyone is already crowning him but no one will give any of our defensive starters any love because "we haven't seen enough to know for sure" well I say we haven't seen enough of Johnson to know for sure (though I do think he will be good). the double standard just irritates me.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: HVHog on June 01, 2015, 11:59:30 am
no respect for our defense whatsoever.  Not one player mentioned.
So who would you project as 1st or 2nd team All SEC from our defense?

Bacon_Bitz

5 of 11 players from Auburn's D make the 1st or 2d team.  That's from a defense that was ranked 64th overall last year.

870hogfan

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on June 01, 2015, 01:17:37 pm

Ellis will have a chip on his shoulder.

Pig in the Pokey

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS RAVE WORTHY SHITLIST!!!

Can somebody explain how the #9 defense in the entire county gets absolutely zero respect? ZERO players on a FOUR FRIKKIN DEEP all-conference list? bwaaaaahahahahaha that is disgraceful!!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

pigroots

No Brandon Allen who outplayed all except the first teamer last year? Our defense may give up 40 a game if you believe Phil. He's usually the best but I think he's lost his mind with this crap

Pig in the Pokey

at least 4 players will make it!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on June 01, 2015, 01:20:59 pm
5 of 11 players from Auburn's D make the 1st or 2d team.  That's from a defense that was ranked 64th overall last year.
laughable
@Slackaveli

rhames

Quote from: Paul on June 01, 2015, 12:00:13 pm

I'd venture to say probably 75 percent of our players have no idea who phill is
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

BatesvilleHOG

Phil Steele generally knows how to make a good list. He shite on this one tho.

JWill/HH will be first team all SEC by seasons end. I bet we see Bijhon Jackson, Jared Collins, and Brooks on the all sec defensive team as well.

Pig in the Pokey

what does that even have to do with it? this is a four deep. that's 16 LBs, we may have 2 at year end out of 16. That's 16 DBs. we may have 3 or 4 out of 16 by year end. And or D-line is filthy. Phil should've just guessed that our starting DT, DE, WLB, and FS will be all-SEC. Book it.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: pigroots on June 01, 2015, 01:34:38 pm
No Brandon Allen who outplayed all except the first teamer last year? Our defense may give up 40 a game if you believe Phil. He's usually the best but I think he's lost his mind with this crap
Allen > Mauck at least.
@Slackaveli

bigdaddyhawg

I was noticing his man-love for Bama and completely missed this little jewel.

Thanks for point that out.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: 870hogfan on June 01, 2015, 01:30:01 pm

Ellis will have a chip on his shoulder.

As he should.  IMO the two injustices were HH being THIRD TEAM, unbelievably, and Ellis being left off completely.

lasthog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 01, 2015, 01:38:05 pm
what does that even have to do with it? this is a four deep. that's 16 LBs, we may have 2 at year end out of 16. That's 16 DBs. we may have 3 or 4 out of 16 by year end. And or D-line is filthy. Phil should've just guessed that our starting DT, DE, WLB, and FS will be all-SEC. Book it.

+1

Where was Spaight rated pre-season  last year?

I think we all know where he ended.

Bacon_Bitz

I remember OJ Howard getting the nod over HH on last preseason's lists based on potential alone, just like this year.  I'll take HH - give me the guy that produced more last season than the other guy has produced in his entire career.

TDHawgs

I think he's lost his mind on this list..  totally bad.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on June 01, 2015, 02:04:05 pm
I remember OJ Howard getting the nod over HH on last preseason's lists based on potential alone, just like this year.  I'll take HH - give me the guy that produced more last season than the other guy has produced in his entire career.

Howard caught 16 for 260 with zero TD's.

HH caught 37 for 513 with 2 TD's.

And Howard is in front of Hunter??

That is WEAK!!

hawganatic

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 01, 2015, 01:38:05 pm

Think his point is name who should be on that list, who's place that player should take, and why. 

I suspect most complaining haven't even read the entire list, and aren't familiar with the players that were named over our players.

3kgthog

If history has taught us anything, it's better for the Hogs to be underrated. We have never performed well when expected to excel. At least not in my lifetime.

Steef

I stopped caring about Phil years ago.

HawgTide

Auburn is getting way too much love

nchogg

Frankly I don't give a s***. Everyone has an opinion and none of the preseason carry much weight. The end of the season is what counts. I agree with Paul 100%. Go Hogs!

OTTER

BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Since 1894

MOTIVATION!!   Post it on every wall in the Football Center.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

bphi11ips

Everything is about recruiting stars.  How many P5 offers does a high school sophomore have? Even Phil Steele falls for it now.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

LRRandy

This is just another rung on the ladder to the Razorbacks climb out of  the abyss. Like someone mentioned earlier, what preseason all sec team was speight on before last season? When the hogs have a 2 or 3 game improvement in wins over last season that will be another rung on the ladder and you will see more love on these type rankings.
This is fun, isn't it.

Hawgzinbowlz

We have the season to prove Steele wrong...and I think we will.

Just win.

" GO HOGS "

Paul

Quote from: rhames on June 01, 2015, 01:36:59 pm

I'd venture to say probably 75 percent of our players have no idea who phill is
maybe so but even if this list were made by a Bama message board should be motivating to those kids

AugustaHog

I could see JWill having issue with a guy like Henry being ahead of him or even AC.  You can't argue with Chubb and Fournette.  LF is going to have a big yr and he's the true feature back.  I still like our guys though.  I'm glad they're pissed off.  Prove them all wrong now boys!

HogBreath

This Phil Steele guy is a clown, and that's not a recent development either.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Rzbakfromwaybak

June 01, 2015, 11:11:20 pm #45 Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:29:59 pm by Rzbakfromwaybak
Totally meaningless list.  Tell Phil to try this again in 6 months when it counts, & let's grade him on how much he got right the first time.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

duckman

Steele = MOTHO

Will be fun proving he is.....

Auburn will win 8 at best, the Gus offense has been figured out.  We are the team that nobody will want to face.  Our throwback offense is the one that teams will have hell figuring out. 

We are now the different animal...

BigPapaHawg

Just have to prove someone else wrong!!!!
WOO PIG

Hoggish1

Quote from: lahawg1 on June 01, 2015, 01:00:52 pm
As others have said, no defensive players and no special teams players either. I had rather have 11 that played together than two "superstars" that disrupted the unit.

Exactly!