Started by hogcard1964, June 01, 2015, 08:17:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

No
No
No
Hope so
Who cares

Good to get some nice pub, but lumped in with those teams is no great achievement
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Seebs on June 01, 2015, 08:21:46 am
No
No
No
Hope so
Who cares

Good to get some nice pub, but lumped in with those teams is no great achievement

Hey, we're pretty prominent again.  I don't mind at all.

Seebs

I suppose what I was saying is yes, Arkansas is becoming prominent, but those other schools should be, and will be, not worthy of being discussed with us.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Seebs on June 01, 2015, 08:48:12 am
I suppose what I was saying is yes, Arkansas is becoming prominent, but those other schools should be, and will be, not worthy of being discussed with us.

I agree with that.  I also agree with you that Texas and California will NOT win their divisions.  The others do have a shot.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 01, 2015, 08:54:21 am
I agree with that.  I also agree with you that Texas and California will NOT win their divisions.  The others do have a shot.
IMO you might definitely want to add Minnesota to the list of those likely having little chance of winning their side of the ledger.

ZERO

I think Minnesota has the second best chance of the five, with the best being Louisville. Minnesota is trending upward with Jerry Kill, they've gone 8-5 two seasons in a row, which is a breath of life in a stagnant program like Minnesota. They've had one ten win season in the past 25 years, and have ended ranked only twice in the same time period.

Their away slate is @Purdue, @Iowa, and @Ohio State. Ohio State seems to be a scheduled loss, but Purdue and Iowa are highly winnable. Then he has Michigan at home, who are going to be struggling to find their identity under Harbaugh for the first year, and Nebraska at home, who will be doing the same thing - not that they were unbeatable with Bo Pelini by any means. Then they have a terrible Illinois team at home, and Wisconsin at home, which seems to be their only competition to win the division.

But once they get to the championship game, they're likely going to have to deal with Ohio State again, or Michigan State. I can't see them overcoming either of the two at this point.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

hogcard1964

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 01, 2015, 08:58:12 am
IMO you might definitely want to add Minnesota to the list of those likely having little chance of winning their side of the ledger.

Very weak division and a favorable schedule.

rzrbaxfan

This guy was almost apologetic about putting Texas on his list.

hogcard1964

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on June 01, 2015, 10:00:19 am
This guy was almost apologetic about putting Texas on his list.

Personally, I think Strong gets fired after this season.

PaintballHog

Arizona State
Michigan
Arkansas
The other two don't have any sleepers that have a real chance IMO

ZERO

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 01, 2015, 10:21:43 am
Personally, I think Strong gets fired after this season.

You don't think he gets at least three or four years for a full recruiting roster, barring a disastrous 0-12/1-11 type season? It just seems, to me, like a bad idea to be too trigger happy on coaches. Charlie Strong did well at Louisville, he just need a little time.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Paul

Quote from: ZERO on June 01, 2015, 12:35:07 pm
You don't think he gets at least three or four years for a full recruiting roster, barring a disastrous 0-12/1-11 type season? It just seems, to me, like a bad idea to be too trigger happy on coaches. Charlie Strong did well at Louisville, he just need a little time.
I think Strong gets at least 4 yrs prolly 5.  it would be a PR nightmare for them to fire him after 2;  he'll get it done there...eventually.  Minnesota played some good football last year   

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.