Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missouri Football Game Moved To Friday

Started by Scott Marshall, May 28, 2015, 10:02:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

The second annual Battle Line Rivalry presented by Shelter Insurance football game between Arkansas and Missouri has been moved to Friday, Nov. 27, the Southeastern Conference announced Thursday.

Kickoff is slated for 1:30 p.m. CT from Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville. CBS will televise the game to a national audience.

The contest will mark the seventh time Arkansas has met Missouri and just the second game between the schools since Missouri joined the SEC in 2012. The two programs have never played each other in Fayetteville.

The momentum from the 2014 season has already created high demand for the state's most uncommon experience – Razorback football season tickets. The nationally-ranked Razorbacks' home schedule is highlighted by 2013 national runner-up Auburn and Orange Bowl-participant Mississippi State. The home schedule concludes with two-time defending SEC East champion Missouri.

Season ticket packages start at $300 in Fayetteville. Fans can also catch the Razorbacks take on Toledo on Sept. 12 in Little Rock for $55, which $10 less than last year's game at War Memorial Stadium.

For more information on Arkansas Football, follow @RazorbackFB on Twitter.

dhizzle

Doug

Finally, now all of you can stop getting your panties in a wad over a Saturday game to finish out regular season play. CBS knows that we're a damn good draw... they're not gonna screw us over on the day we play... just who we play. ;)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Doug on May 28, 2015, 10:54:13 am
Finally, now all of you can stop getting your panties in a wad over a Saturday game to finish out regular season play. CBS knows that we're a damn good draw... they're not gonna screw us over on the day we play... just who we play. ;)

You forgot to add the Hogville family expresses our condolences to Joe Alleva and the entire LSU Tiger nation on their latest tragic loss:

"As long as I'm here, we will not play in Tiger Stadium on a Thursday," Alleva said. "I guarantee you that."

The LSU-A&M game could be moved to Friday, Nov. 27, however, as was the case most years when LSU and Arkansas played on the final weekend of the regular season.

Alleva thinks the Auburn and Arkansas games could be the most likely to be moved to the daytime.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/12382238-123/lsu-football-notebook-joe-alleva

RazorPiggie

Was there doubt that it wouldn't be on Friday?

lechon

This is gross injustice, I will be on a hunger strike until the game is moved back to Saturday.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Hogwild

Yes, I believe this is great exposure for the program

Cresthog

With Missouri actually turning out to be a player in the SECE, this is actually good for us.

I'm not going to go so far to say its better than LSU, buts its not as bad as most expect.

Could have huge implications for the SECCG which will have a lot of the nation watching.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Scott Marshall on May 28, 2015, 10:02:49 am
The second annual Battle Line Rivalry presented by Shelter Insurance football game between Arkansas and Missouri has been moved to Friday, Nov. 27, the Southeastern Conference announced Thursday.

Kickoff is slated for 1:30 p.m. CT from Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville. CBS will televise the game to a national audience.

The contest will mark the seventh time Arkansas has met Missouri and just the second game between the schools since Missouri joined the SEC in 2012. The two programs have never played each other in Fayetteville.

The momentum from the 2014 season has already created high demand for the state’s most uncommon experience – Razorback football season tickets. The nationally-ranked Razorbacks’ home schedule is highlighted by 2013 national runner-up Auburn and Orange Bowl-participant Mississippi State. The home schedule concludes with two-time defending SEC East champion Missouri.

Season ticket packages start at $300 in Fayetteville. Fans can also catch the Razorbacks take on Toledo on Sept. 12 in Little Rock for $55, which $10 less than last year’s game at War Memorial Stadium.

For more information on Arkansas Football, follow @RazorbackFB on Twitter.

Excellent news.
Go Hogs Go!

hoglady

Very happy to hear that.
Guess LSU will either play Thanksgiving night or Saturday.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

wildturkey8

Aggies want some fried Turducken on Thanksgiving.  I hope LSU has to serve it up.  I say that with no love for the Aggies.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: wildturkey8 on May 28, 2015, 01:25:50 pm
Aggies want some fried Turducken on Thanksgiving.  I hope LSU has to serve it up.  I say that with no love for the Aggies.

It's ironic that Arkansas-LSU ended up on Friday because none of the other end of season rivalries wanted the Friday time slot and it turned out to be one of the guaranteed most watched games of the year whoever CBS could find to fill the date.  Now that they have Arkansas and Missouri, two teams that rely heavily on out of state recruiting it's safe to say it'll stay on Friday from now on.  Even if one of the other SEC teams could talk CBS into a switch I expect Arkansas-Missouri would easily end up as a follow up night game on the SECN or ESPN after the CBS time slot.

A&M won't move LSU off Saturday when the game is in Baton Rouge

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggish1

Might be the most important game of that week!

Hawgzinbowlz

A lot of eyes will be on The Hogs and Mizzou.
Looking forward to welcoming the tiggers to DWRRS.

" GO HOGS "

tigerinhogtown

anybody considered the possibility we may meet again 2 weeks later in ATL?

TXArcher

Hogfaniam

Quote from: tigerinhogtown on May 29, 2015, 12:49:29 am

First thing that came to mind.  Vegas have a line on that?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hoggish1 on May 28, 2015, 05:03:35 pm
Might be the most important game of that week!

Here's the rest of the games on that Friday.

Baylor at TCU
Western Michigan at Toledo
Eastern Michigan at Central Michigan
Massachusetts at Buffalo
Kent State at Akron
Troy at Georgia State
Miami (FL) at Pittsburgh
Oregon State at Oregon
Washington State at Washington
Iowa at Nebraska
Navy at Houston
South Florida at UCF
Boise State at San José State

Go Hogs Go!

AugustaHog

Well the only competition is Baylor-TCU.  Hopefully, we don't go head to head with that one.  Who knows, things may shake out that Hogs-Mizzou has plenty on the line this year too.

longtimeHogfan

This is for you.....

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

The NewEra

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 29, 2015, 07:07:00 am
Here's the rest of the games on that Friday.

Baylor at TCU
Massachusetts at Buffalo
Kent State at Akron
Troy at Georgia State
Miami (FL) at Pittsburgh
Oregon State at Oregon
Washington State at Washington
Iowa at Nebraska
Navy at Houston
South Florida at UCF

Wow, that surprised me.  I thought we had one of the few games played that Friday.

hogsanity

Quote from: The NewEra on May 29, 2015, 08:37:46 am
Wow, that surprised me.  I thought we had one of the few games played that Friday.

For several years now there has been a big10 game early on either ABC or ESPn, and a couple of late pac 12 games. The big12 game usually kicks about an hour or hour and a half after the CBS game. The others are just minor games with minor teams, not stealing many eyeballs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The NewEra

Quote from: hogsanity on May 29, 2015, 11:17:06 am
For several years now there has been a big10 game early on either ABC or ESPn, and a couple of late pac 12 games. The big12 game usually kicks about an hour or hour and a half after the CBS game. The others are just minor games with minor teams, not stealing many eyeballs.

That shows you just how much an SEC Homer I really am.

Doug

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFanHere's the rest of the games on that Friday.

Baylor at TCU - Will be for the Big 12 Championship... once again.
Massachusetts at Buffalo
Kent State at Akron
Troy at Georgia State
Miami (FL) at Pittsburgh
Oregon State at Oregon - Something tells me that Oregon State will play spoiler to the Ducks' playoff chances this year with a last second win.
Washington State at Washington - No matter how well either team does, The Apple Cup is always a GREAT battle
Iowa at Nebraska
Navy at Houston
South Florida at UCF
I bolded and underlined the big money games... My comments are after each of those three games.

OU/OSU and UDub/Wazzo will both be on after our game, so no competition there. If both Baylor and TCU are battling for top position within the Big 12, that'll be the ESPN/ABC Prime Time game at night.

The rest of the games, for most people, will be snoozers. I'm really hoping that the Troy at Georgia State game is a later start time... otherwise, I'll miss the Hogs vs Mizzou game (I cover SBC games).
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

hogsanity

Quote from: The NewEra on May 29, 2015, 11:22:40 am
That shows you just how much an SEC Homer I really am.

I only now because that is the day we put up our Christmas decorations, so I always have a game on while we are hauling stuff out of the attic. Of course, at 1:30 that all stops for about 31/2 hours.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: The NewEra on May 29, 2015, 08:37:46 am

MU-Arkansas will go pretty much head to head with the ABC/ESPN regional split games but starts an hour early so will likely hold the dominant audience except on the west coast.

Friday, November 27th

Missouri at Arkansas 1:30 pm CBS / CBS Video
Boise State at San Jose State 2:30 pm CBSSN

Baylor at TCU TBA ---> likely 6:30 on FS1
Iowa at Nebraska TBA  ---> likely 11AM start on ESPN

Miami at Pittsburgh TBD ABC / ESPN2 / WatchESPN  ---> likely 2:30 regional on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2
Oregon State at Oregon TBA ---> likely 2:30 regional on ABC / ESPN2 / WatchESPN 
Washington State at Washington TBA ---> likely 2:30 regional on ABC / ESPN2 / WatchESPN 

Navy at Houston TBA ---> CBS Sports Channel
South Florida at UCF TBA ESPN Network / WatchESPN
UMass at Buffalo TBA ESPN Network / WatchESPN
Eastern Michigan at Central Michigan TBA ESPN Network / WatchESPN
Kent State at Akron TBA ESPN Network / WatchESPN
Western Michigan at Toledo TBA TBA
Troy at Georgia State TBA TBA
Tulsa at Tulane TBA TBA
Marshall at Western Kentucky TBA 

Keyser Sooieze

Saw this earlier today---that's a good thing!  Black Friday is a great slot.

theFlyingHog

Now if we can just get rid of the name and trophy.

redeye

Quote from: RazorPiggie on May 28, 2015, 11:20:43 am
Was there doubt that it wouldn't be on Friday?

Yea, I didn't realize there was any, either.  Also didn't realize the pre-season polls had already come out, since we're ranked.

OldCoot

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on May 28, 2015, 09:45:49 pm
A lot of eyes will be on The Hogs and Mizzou. ear
Looking forward to welcoming the tiggers to DWRRS.

" GO HOGS "

While I cannot stand playing Missouri as it is the one team that I get no excitement over playing, this might actually bring some excitement to the matchup if they keep it on the same day every year.

hoghiker

Quote from: tigerinhogtown on May 29, 2015, 12:49:29 am

Remote possibility but could happen. Would certainly rev up the rivalry factor. Especially with a split decision.

LJHOG

It's still Missouri and I still don't care when it's played.  In fact, I'm no more excited about this game than I am for Toledo.

PORKULATOR

I love the Friday game tradition. Glad we got it back.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

TNhogfan

Confirmed TV for 11/27:
Marshall at WKU, FS1 and FOX Sports Go, Noon ET
Mizzou at AR, CBS and CBSSports.com, 2:30 ET
Boise St. at San Jose St, CBS-SN, 3:30 ET
OSU at Oregon, FOX or FS1 and FOX Sports Go, 3:30 or 4:00 ET
WSU at Washington, FOX or FS1 and FOX Sports Go, 3:30 or 4:00 ET
Baylor at TCU, ESPN and WatchESPN, 7:30 ET
Miami at Pitt, ESPN Networks, TBA

A complete list of games for the day and potential networks can be found at:

http://mattsarzsports.com/Schedule/Weekly/football2015/13#.VWzIl89VhBc

I would think one of the American Conference games would start at Noon ET on ABC and be followed by Iowa-Nebraska.  The MAC games will be ESPN3 with one of them on ESPNU.  ESPN has 14 or so basketball games that day plus the rights to many of the football games. 

HotlantaHog

It is great exposure for the Hogs ... but for anyone traveling for the game, it is a challenge ... as the flights into Fayetteville/NW Arkansas are extremely light on Thanksgiving Day and evening ...

I do wish Delta or the other airlines would add some flights for the fans from outside the region ...

Pigsknuckles

Look forward to the game, but I just can't get on board with this whole Arkansas/Missouri rivalry thing. Apart from the memory of the Tony Temple Bowl, it lacks the prerequisite history of conflict.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hogsanity

Quote from: TNhogfan on June 01, 2015, 04:19:11 pm
Confirmed TV for 11/27:
Marshall at WKU, FS1 and FOX Sports Go, Noon ET
Mizzou at AR, CBS and CBSSports.com, 2:30 ET
Boise St. at San Jose St, CBS-SN, 3:30 ET
OSU at Oregon, FOX or FS1 and FOX Sports Go, 3:30 or 4:00 ET
WSU at Washington, FOX or FS1 and FOX Sports Go, 3:30 or 4:00 ET
Baylor at TCU, ESPN and WatchESPN, 7:30 ET
Miami at Pitt, ESPN Networks, TBA

A complete list of games for the day and potential networks can be found at:

http://mattsarzsports.com/Schedule/Weekly/football2015/13#.VWzIl89VhBc

I would think one of the American Conference games would start at Noon ET on ABC and be followed by Iowa-Nebraska.  The MAC games will be ESPN3 with one of them on ESPNU.  ESPN has 14 or so basketball games that day plus the rights to many of the football games. 

Iowa Neb has been an 11am kickoff on ABC for the last few years..

TNhogfan

Quote from: hogsanity on June 02, 2015, 11:58:14 am
Iowa Neb has been an 11am kickoff on ABC for the last few years..
Yes, and it has had games from the Big 12, ACC and last year the Pac-12 to follow it.  This year it would be an AAC game unless Miami-Pitt gets moved from the ESPN Networks to ABC.  But whichever time IA-NE is, I think the AR-Mizzou game will be better than what ABC has on against it.