Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bigfoot

Started by Hawgon, January 20, 2012, 09:35:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Verge

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 06, 2012, 12:40:04 am
That was either a well planned and executed hoax or a Bigfoot. It most certainly wasn't a bear.

Watch the video again, the leaves in front of the object appear to give it a left and right arm. When in fact, it could easily be a black tarp blowing in the wind. It appears to be completely featureless and devoid of any appendages.

rickm1976

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on January 23, 2012, 06:25:03 pm

Well.....if a Bigfoot is ever killed or captured in Arkansas........

The AGFC will claim that it's somebody's pet that got loose......

& there is not enough of them here to reproduce......

I am literally LMAO!  Truer words were never spoken!

rickm1976

If they are ever discovered, I hope we can put them on scholarship as defensive linemen.  Can you imagine the look on Bama's OL's and QB when they see what they're up against?

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: rickm1976 on November 06, 2012, 11:22:34 am
If they are ever discovered, I hope we can put them on scholarship as defensive linemen.  Can you imagine the look on Bama's OL's and QB when they see what they're up against?

especially if we told them the football was made of jack links jerkey!

tophawg19

actually we already have . where do you think that new DE comes from
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Verge on November 06, 2012, 08:51:27 am
Watch the video again, the leaves in front of the object appear to give it a left and right arm. When in fact, it could easily be a black tarp blowing in the wind. It appears to be completely featureless and devoid of any appendages.

You saw a tarp?!?!  You saw evidence of wind?!?!

It may not be a squatch...it may not be a bear...but I guarantee you it wasn't a tarp!!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

majestic

I was bored and feverish last night, so I watched part of "Finding Bigfoot" on the whatever it's called network.  What a load of crap.  Bunch of dopes standing around in the woods yelling and clapping two by fours together.  And then..... "yep, definitely some Squatch in this area!" Thank God for NyQuil.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

rickm1976

Quote from: majestic on November 06, 2012, 01:53:51 pm
I was bored and feverish last night, so I watched part of "Finding Bigfoot" on the whatever it's called network.  What a load of crap.  Bunch of dopes standing around in the woods yelling and clapping two by fours together.  And then..... "yep, definitely some Squatch in this area!" Thank God for NyQuil.

I watched that show one night when I was bored.  It is a joke, and shouldn't be allowed on tv.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: rickm1976 on November 06, 2012, 02:38:14 pm
I watched that show one night when I was bored.  It is a joke, and shouldn't be allowed on tv.

Like every other "reality" show in tv, it should not be taken seriously...but, this is the year they find him!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

rickm1976

November 06, 2012, 04:01:54 pm #209 Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 04:21:35 pm by rickm1976
Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 06, 2012, 03:18:19 pm
Like every other "reality" show in tv, it should not be taken seriously...but, this is the year they find him!  :)

Hey, I think that show is a fraud, but in April 1975, a friend and I were turkey hunting in Muddy Creek WMA southeast of Waldron, and saw something walking on two legs through some cedar trees about 30-40 yards away.  Whatever it was, had legs covered with reddish-brown hair, and walked just like a man.  We couldn't see anything from the hips up because of the trees.  It stopped for a couple of seconds, then ran off headed away from us.

I don't believe bigfoot exists, or we would have had some concrete evidence by this time.  The only explanation I can come up with is it must have been some guy dressed in a suit or wearing a pair of those buffalo hide chaps with the hair on.  Either way, the guy was an idiot or had some death wish to have been out there during hunting season.  I really believe it was someone wearing those stupid hairy chaps, but why he would be out there at that time is crazy.

Now the jokes can start, and no, we hadn't been drinking.  It's just one of those strange things that happens for which you can't come up with any really good explanation, but I can see how some of these incidents instantly become supposed "bigfoot" sightings.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: majestic on November 06, 2012, 01:53:51 pm

hahaha funny post, +1.  I think we can all agree that the bigfoot shows are complete shams

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 06, 2012, 01:36:20 pm

It may not be a squatch...it may not be a bear...but I guarantee you it wasn't a tarp!!  :)

ROTFL! wondering the same thing.. where in the hell did he get a tarp?!? hahah

Hammibal Lecter

There's an Arkansas hunting message board with a 600 page thread on this with some pretty interesting stuff once you've waded through the BS. Guy on there from SW AR that has some pretty crazy things to say. If you haven't read it you should. I won't link the board because I'm sure most of you knowbabout it
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 06, 2012, 04:46:09 pm
hahaha funny post, +1.  I think we can all agree that the bigfoot shows are complete shams

I love watching that show. Makes me laugh every time. Comes on next Sunday.

hawgwild child

It can't be worse than that freaking mermaid crap that was 2 hrs long.  I watched that whole show and when they showed the supposively real footage, what a bunch of crap, a kid could decifer the difference between real and fake.

King TUSKankahamun

Quote from: hawgwild child on November 06, 2012, 07:26:48 pm
It can't be worse than that freaking mermaid crap that was 2 hrs long.  I watched that whole show and when they showed the supposively real footage, what a bunch of crap, a kid could decifer the difference between real and fake.

Yea they got me too. I watched the whole thing and really I was intrigued untill the last bit. That was the worst faked footage ever, but one of my students things its the real deal. So i guess it was good enough to fool a child
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

Hammibal Lecter

November 06, 2012, 08:49:09 pm #216 Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:50:52 pm by Hammibal Lecter
Verge- just curious, are you an avid outdoorsman; hunter, fisherman, hiker etc?

How many times(ballpark) did you hunt fish or hike in the last year?

clutch

Quote from: hawgwild child on November 06, 2012, 07:26:48 pm

I agree. That was bad.

Verge

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 06, 2012, 01:36:20 pm

No I said I see a featureless object with no appendages.

I know you might not have a high school diploma, but surely you can read right?

Verge

Quote from: Hammibal Lecter on November 06, 2012, 08:49:09 pm
Verge- just curious, are you an avid outdoorsman; hunter, fisherman, hiker etc?

How many times(ballpark) did you hunt fish or hike in the last year?

100?

rickm1976

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 05, 2012, 02:51:10 pm
That is no bear. Shoulders much much too wide. It is either a hoax or the real thing.

Escaped chimp, and very dangerous.  They were smart to run.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

David†

All but one of those has a population in Arkansas.

Hint: it shares a name with a comic book character with retractable claws. 

Lol

DeltaBoy

I would not be surprised that we have some Bigfoots along with Panthers down in the WRNF!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

David†

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 07, 2012, 01:54:25 pm
I would not be surprised that we have some Bigfoots along with Panthers down in the WRNF!

What about the timber wolves? Are they there too? Wolverines?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Verge on November 07, 2012, 02:17:52 am
No I said I see a featureless object with no appendages.

I know you might not have a high school diploma, but surely you can read right?

You know I might not?  You ever think of entering politics?   :)

IUHog

Quote from: Hammibal Lecter on November 06, 2012, 05:02:29 pm
There's an Arkansas hunting message board with a 600 page thread on this with some pretty interesting stuff once you've waded through the BS. Guy on there from SW AR that has some pretty crazy things to say. If you haven't read it you should. I won't link the board because I'm sure most of you knowbabout it
Link?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hammibal Lecter on November 06, 2012, 05:02:29 pm

I'm from Texas...we have our own Bigfoot crowd...I love reading about others' encounters though...I would appreciate a link to it.

In the meantime, check this sight out...Canadian Bigfoot, eh?

http://grandcherokee.proboards.com/index.cgi

buckyhog

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: buckyhog on November 08, 2012, 12:58:34 pm
http://www.arkansashunting.net/showthread.php?t=66703

You will need to create a user account, I think.

Yes, but it's free...and well worth the price!

DeerhuntinHog

This may have already been mentioned, but....See the 1972 horribly awesome flick, The Legend of Boggy Creek. Supposedly took place in Fouke, Arkansas. It scared the crap out of me.

David†

Quote from: DeerhuntinHog on November 08, 2012, 08:22:29 pm
This may have already been mentioned, but....See the 1972 horribly awesome flick, The Legend of Boggy Creek. Supposedly took place in Fouke, Arkansas. It scared the crap out of me.

Yeah, it's pretty good. I know the guy that made the film. He said that he doesn't believe there is a Sasquatch. But he stood firm that all of people he interviewed and claim they saw it, were scared about it and he believes they saw something.

tophawg19

i worked with a survey crew that did some work in that area . anything could live in those bottoms . having waded through some of that area i'd believe werewolves could be there lol. that was some of the most erie, weird area i've ever been in . you can easily get lost in there and there's just a weird feel about the whole place .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hammibal Lecter

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 08, 2012, 03:02:40 pm
Yes, but it's free...and well worth the price!
Its a great thread all 300+ pages

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hammibal Lecter on November 08, 2012, 09:20:48 pm
Its a great thread all 300+ pages

Gruden-esque in its entirety!

Ex-Trumpet

Apparently, some artist thought Sasquatch was Jewish...

Hammibal Lecter

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 08, 2012, 09:24:25 pm
Gruden-esque in its entirety!
careful now, this thread will disappear with mention of the g-word

Hammibal Lecter

David†

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 08, 2012, 09:29:35 pm
Apparently, some artist thought Sasquatch was Jewish...

They though he'd be hung like a mule too.

Hawgon

Within the last year or so, I know two people in SWA who have had encounters.  One found a footprint, the other had a sighting.  Neither would lie.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: David† on November 07, 2012, 01:58:19 pm
What about the timber wolves? Are they there too? Wolverines?

We have seen Panther or some large cat tracks down in the refuge over the years and you can hear them screem in the dead of the night.  We got Red or Rusty and Black Bears down there also.  Yotes and some Wolfs have been spoted but the area is 500,000 acres of swamp and bottom timber so there is plenty of places to go and hide.    I been so far back that the squirrels were afraid of me.  I limited out in under 20 minutes too.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

johnny cash

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 09, 2012, 11:35:44 am
We have seen Panther or some large cat tracks down in the refuge over the years and you can hear them screem in the dead of the night.  We got Red or Rusty and Black Bears down there also.  Yotes and some Wolfs have been spoted but the area is 500,000 acres of swamp and bottom timber so there is plenty of places to go and hide.    I been so far back that the squirrels were afraid of me.  I limited out in under 20 minutes too.
Sure those screams are cats!! Never been documented that a cat screams!! Cats in captivity don't scream!! Primates and people however do! There is a guy on the hunting thread, Arkansashunting.net I believe named Tal H Branco who is a fascinating read!!

Verge

Quote from: johnny cash on November 09, 2012, 10:26:41 pm
Sure those screams are cats!! Never been documented that a cat screams!! Cats in captivity don't scream!! Primates and people however do! There is a guy on the hunting thread, Arkansashunting.net I believe named Tal H Branco who is a fascinating read!!

Per cats do it all the time. Mountain lions only do it once per year. Saying you can hear thier screams is typical uneducated redneck stuff from Arkansas. They are either hearing house cats or making stuff up. It's an easy BS meter.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: johnny cash on November 09, 2012, 10:26:41 pm

I joined over there a few days ago just to read that thread...I envy his imagination!  I'm sure he's experienced something in the woods...just not sure what! 

rickm1976

Quote from: Verge on November 10, 2012, 06:14:19 am
Per cats do it all the time. Mountain lions only do it once per year. Saying you can hear thier screams is typical uneducated redneck stuff from Arkansas. They are either hearing house cats or making stuff up. It's an easy BS meter.

He doesn't mean they literally "scream".  When mountain lions roar, it is very high pitched, and sounds similar to a woman's scream.

David†

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 10, 2012, 07:47:40 am
I joined over there a few days ago just to read that thread...I envy his imagination!  I'm sure he's experienced something in the woods...just not sure what! 

He lost me on the trail cams and hoe BF avoids them. Especially when he said BF could cover up the motion sensor with his hand.

Verge

Quote from: rickm1976 on November 10, 2012, 09:16:45 am
He doesn't mean they literally "scream".  When mountain lions roar, it is very high pitched, and sounds similar to a woman's scream.

Yea, and the consensus from people who have followed them for years in the wild is, they really don't do that.

Sorry. But it's an old wives take that people in Arkansas believe. Need to get info from books, not necks.

David†

Quote from: Verge on November 11, 2012, 07:36:03 am
Yea, and the consensus from people who have followed them for years in the wild is, they really don't do that.

Sorry. But it's an old wives take that people in Arkansas believe. Need to get info from books, not necks.

You are ruining the Bigfoot thread.

badbrad

Quote from: David† on November 11, 2012, 08:01:08 am
You are ruining the Bigfoot thread.
Yeah, facts will do that.

David†

Quote from: badbrad on November 11, 2012, 12:20:10 pm
Yeah, facts will do that.
how about the fact that; THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BIGFOOT!!

Of all the crap spewed in this thread about Bigfoot that verge takes issue with is wether or not a panther can scream???